Why cant people come to terms the climate changes?

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Why can't they deal with extinction ?
Why can't they comprehend human civilization was born at the right time period?
Why do people think we have the technology today to stop the inevitable?

So many questions on why they think we can do the impossible.

We can't stop a killer asteroid
We can't stop a super volcano like yellow stone from blowing
We can't stop the earth flipping on it's axis.

Please someone tell me how we can stop climate change?

I never could get that one.

Its about people control and power... If you control the ability to use fossil fuels you control food, housing, and wealth... You then control the masses... Its never been about the earth. Only a select few nut bags think its about the earth.. The rest of us are not that stupid..

One thing's for certain. One cannot stop it, reverse it or slow it if one does not try.

A battle is won by the side that is absolutely determined to win. Why did we lose the battle of Austerlitz? Our casualties were about the same as those of the French, but we had told ourselves early in the day that the battle was lost, so it was lost.
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

One thing's for certain. One cannot stop it, reverse it or slow it if one does not try.

A battle is won by the side that is absolutely determined to win. Why did we lose the battle of Austerlitz? Our casualties were about the same as those of the French, but we had told ourselves early in the day that the battle was lost, so it was lost.

But in this case everyone has to deal with trickle up misery.

We already know how far the tree huggers want to get in our daily lives, driving home from work today and some bozo was saying eat raw vegetables so you don't have to use fuel to cook it.

You really think I will ever stop driving a V8 pick up truck or someone into muscle cars? That's as bad as trying to get guns away from a gun nut.

Not going to happen .

Okay, I have come to terms with it. I've come to terms with the fact that the planet changes, that climate changes etc. What I can't come to terms with is that human will destroy their habitat willingly because they're selfish.

You go to poor places and see people living among trash and wonder how they can do this, they live in this place. But then again this is the same as what those who want to destroy the planet are doing.

We already know how far the tree huggers want to get in our daily lives, driving home from work today and some bozo was saying eat raw vegetables so you don't have to use fuel to cook it.

You really think I will ever stop driving a V8 pick up truck or someone into muscle cars? That's as bad as trying to get guns away from a gun nut.

Not going to happen .

I don't care that you drive a V8 powered vehicle. I care that 50 million other folks want to do the same and do. Everything about climate change -- the causes and the effects and the mitigations if there be any -- are about scale and scope, not what you do. You see, it's really not all about you.

Okay, I have come to terms with it. I've come to terms with the fact that the planet changes, that climate changes etc. What I can't come to terms with is that human will destroy their habitat willingly because they're selfish.

You go to poor places and see people living among trash and wonder how they can do this, they live in this place. But then again this is the same as what those who want to destroy the planet are doing.

I don't see anywhere in the U.S. that is trying to destroy it except in the inner city's, we already have so many codes and regulations against business they are fine.

If your talking the world the only thing that looks like it works is capitalism and burning the hell out of our fossil fuel till every country gets on a even keel.and New technology can replace it.

400 ppm C02 is nothing, if you triple it your still 800 ppm behind when the dinosaur roamed and they were fine.

Not going to happen .

I don't care that you drive a V8 powered vehicle. I care that 50 million other folks want to do the same and do. Everything about climate change -- the causes and the effects and the mitigations if there be any -- are about scale and scope, not what you do. You see, it's really not all about you.

But yes it is..I only have 100 years like you.

I am not going To sacrifice my life style for you..

To prolong the unavoidable?

The earth has "flipped" magnetic poles many many MANY times. Only the scientists notice.

There is no such thing as man cause global warming. If anything we are entering a period of minima and it will get quite cold.

I don't see anywhere in the U.S. that is trying to destroy it except in the inner city's, we already have so many codes and regulations against business they are fine.

If your talking the world the only thing that looks like it works is capitalism and burning the hell out of our fossil fuel till every country gets on a even keel.and New technology can replace it.

400 ppm C02 is nothing, if you triple it your still 800 ppm behind when the dinosaur roamed and they were fine.

Eh? We're not talking business.

New technology might be able to replace that old fossil fuel technology. Question is, we will survive until that point?

Actually, we could stop a killer asteroid. We're the first beings on this planet that have that capability. That will absolutely end civilization and these asshats bleat about something that isn't even bad.

The earth has "flipped" magnetic poles many many MANY times. Only the scientists notice.

There is no such thing as man cause global warming. If anything we are entering a period of minima and it will get quite cold.

Only scientist noticed?

You should of told that to the creatures living at the time....

It wasn't a good day for them.

Only scientist noticed?

Pole shifts have no measurable effect on plant or animal life.

Actually, we could stop a killer asteroid. We're the first beings on this planet that have that capability. That will absolutely end civilization and these asshats bleat about something that isn't even bad.

Westwall no one even see the Russian one coming...no one seen the huge solar flare that knocked out the eastern sea board.

I want to know how we could stop a killer asteroid ?

Jesus we are so broke we have not landed a man on the moon since the 1970s

Settled-Science-600-LA.jpg
1*mozWAYuQQ8LazQxCudNspA.jpeg
image%25255B4%25255D.png
RAMclr-050814-settled-IBD-COLOR-FINAL.gif.cms

Westwall no one even see the Russian one coming...no one seen the huge solar flare that knocked out the eastern sea board.

I want to know how we could stop a killer asteroid ?

Jesus we are so broke we have not landed a man on the moon since the 1970s

The Chelyabinsk asteroid was small. A Civilization ender will be much, much larger. We have a couple of ways to deal with it. If small enough we can bombard it with nukes to break it up. If it is too large we can place engines on it to nudge it off of a collision course. The requirement of course is KNOWING it is coming with enough time to do something about it. The asshole AGW twits prevent any money from flowing to that sort of project. Something that actually COULD do something positive.

Only scientist noticed?

So you are certain about that?
I see two camps

What If Earth's Magnetic Poles Flip?

Valet agrees that a weak magnetic field could lead to the formation of ozone holes. He wrote a paper last year proposing a direct link between the demise of Neanderthals, our evolutionary cousins, and a significant decrease of the geomagnetic field intensity that occurred exactly at the same period. (That time, the lead-up to a geomagnetic reversal appears to have been "aborted"; the field weakened but didn't end up flipping.)

Other scientists aren't convinced that there's a connection between pole reversals and species extinctions. "Even if the field becomes very weak, at the Earth's surface we are shielded from radiation by the atmosphere. Similarly as we cannot see or feel the presence of the geomagnetic field now, we most likely would not notice any significant change from a reversal," Korte said.

Only scientist noticed?

I see two camps

Valet agrees that a weak magnetic field could lead to the formation of ozone holes. He wrote a paper last year proposing a direct link between the demise of Neanderthals, our evolutionary cousins, and a significant decrease of the geomagnetic field intensity that occurred exactly at the same period. (That time, the lead-up to a geomagnetic reversal appears to have been "aborted"; the field weakened but didn't end up flipping.)

Other scientists aren't convinced that there's a connection between pole reversals and species extinctions. "Even if the field becomes very weak, at the Earth's surface we are shielded from radiation by the atmosphere. Similarly as we cannot see or feel the presence of the geomagnetic field now, we most likely would not notice any significant change from a reversal," Korte said.

The poles have flipped countless times (on average every 200,000 years IIRC)over the last 10 million years. Guess what. Nothing happened.

Eh? We're not talking business.

New technology might be able to replace that old fossil fuel technology. Question is, we will survive until that point?

It has. It's not exactly affordable for most just yet, but that's coming. We'll definitely survive that long. LOL

Only scientist noticed?

I see two camps

The poles have flipped countless times (on average every 200,000 years IIRC)over the last 10 million years. Guess what. Nothing happened.

Agian I provided a link, you provided an opinion.

What's up with you thinking the poles shifting has no effect? It has been documented a few times that extinctions have taken place at the same time.

Forum List

Back