Why can't I send a video from my puter using my yahoo account?

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
I've been trying to send a video to a friend, and it just tries to attach forever, but nothing ever happens.

what's up with that? Any clues? I cleaned out my yahoo account (I had over a thousand e-mails in there, ahem) and tried again, but I'm only sending one video and it still isn't going.

I'm going to try putting it in my photobucket account, we'll see if that works, but I don't have much faith.

Any ideas?

I've been trying to send a video to a friend, and it just tries to attach forever, but nothing ever happens.

what's up with that? Any clues? I cleaned out my yahoo account (I had over a thousand e-mails in there, ahem) and tried again, but I'm only sending one video and it still isn't going.

I'm going to try putting it in my photobucket account, we'll see if that works, but I don't have much faith.

Any ideas?

Yahoo, like all other free email services, has restrictions on size, and I think they recently updated those. Usually you can only send 1 meg of files over email now. There is also the possibility that Yahoo is mistaking it for a virus, try converting it to another format, AVI is the most reliable but largest, MPG is smallest but can appear as having a virus even if it doesn't. MP4 ... good luck with that. FLV is likely your best choice, but unless you have Linux it may cost you a pretty penny to convert.

The Photobucket idea is your best bet, or Youtube. I would actually recommend Youtube, same free service but I believe they allow larger videos, you can also make them private in both. If you upload in MP4 on Youtube someone can download a copy using a Firefox plugin (DownloadHelper) after it's processed (all they do is convert the format to a lower res so it can play on their site if you want it to). If you want to send large files through email you will have to get a paid account or your own host.

Forum List

Back