Why Can't I rep

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
ok, I have not given out rep in weeks. I never neg rep unless I am neg reped first. So 2 times this week I got a neg rep from some little twit who can not handle people having positions unlike his own. So I try and return the favor and it says. You must spread some rep around first. So I try and pos Rep someone randomly and same thing.

Why can't I rep anyone?

You have to have so many reps to other people between reps. So if I were to neg rep you today, and I didn't rep anyone for 6 months, and then I tried to neg rep you, it would say I needed to spread it around before I neg rep you again. It's about spreading it around to other people and not just hitting the same one over and over.

ok I get that I have to spread it around. My point is I have not positive or Negative repped the person I was trying to rep ever that I know of. Yet it wont let me neg rep them back when they do it to me.

ok I get that I have to spread it around. My point is I have not positive or Negative repped the person I was trying to rep ever that I know of. Yet it wont let me neg rep them back when they do it to me.
You have done so, you just might not remember it.

Remember: The system never forgets!

Happened once again. I get neg rep from someone who I have not repped EVER that I know of, and once again I can not rep them back.

How is it possible that the last 4 people to neg rep me, all happen to be people I can not rep back? Even though with all of them, I do not recall ever giving them any rep in the past? Im telling you it is not working right.

Happened once again. I get neg rep from someone who I have not repped EVER that I know of, and once again I can not rep them back.

How is it possible that the last 4 people to neg rep me, all happen to be people I can not rep back? Even though with all of them, I do not recall ever giving them any rep in the past? Im telling you it is not working right.
It's not just who you rep Charles, it's also the amount of overall reps in a given timeframe.

The message saying you cannot rep this person again is different from the message saying you have given out too much rep. Which are you getting?

I've found too that sometimes unbeknownst to me at the time, my mouse double-clicks when I am sending rep, resulting in the rep actually being successfully sent, and the box coming up saying I can't rep the person twice for the same post.

So that's three possible dialogs you might get from the system about reps.

It's not just who you rep Charles, it's also the amount of overall reps in a given timeframe.

The message saying you cannot rep this person again is different from the message saying you have given out too much rep. Which are you getting?

I've found too that sometimes unbeknownst to me at the time, my mouse double-clicks when I am sending rep, resulting in the rep actually being successfully sent, and the box coming up saying I can't rep the person twice for the same post.

So that's three possible dialogs you might get from the system about reps.

Im getting the one that is specific to the person I am trying to Rep. I tried looking back in my logs to see if I ever gave him a neg rep before. Didn't see one.

Who knows.

It is just slightly annoying because I never give out Neg Rep unless I get it from the person first, so it seems like I should always be able to do it since I could not possibly be neg repping the same person more than they have me, considering I only do it if they do it first. Make any sense?

Forum List

Back