Why can't gays accept civil unions and just be done with it?

I'm tired of all this civil union's ain't good enough and semantical bullshit, they can amend some aspects of civil unions to give equal legl rights to gays but leave marriage alone.

Why can't you drop your ridiculous prejudices? Especially when it has absolutely ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, 0.00% impact on you and your life.

Why?

I'm tired of all this civil union's ain't good enough and semantical bullshit, they can amend some aspects of civil unions to give equal legl rights to gays but leave marriage alone.

Well, the DOMA kind of prevents that. I agree that the answer to the problem is to let straights keep the "marriage" name and give "Civil Unions" every right and privilege legally, that married couples have.

one solution is this;

"In some parts of the United States, a covenant marriage is a legally distinct kind of marriage, in which the marrying couple agree to obtain pre-marital counseling and accept more limited grounds for divorce. The covenant marriage laws emphasize the belief that marriage is more than just a mere contract between two individuals, contending that without marriage, there would be no foundation of family in society and, in turn, no civilization or progress to follow.

The movement sets out to promote and strengthen marriages, reduce the rate of divorce, lessen the number of children born out of wedlock, discourage cohabitation, and frame marriage as an honorable and desirable institution.[1] As a law, covenant marriage is technically written neutrally with respect to religion, however it quickly became marked as a religious form of marriage, due to its historical background.[2]"

more here;
Covenant marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We have two types of marriage in Arizona, the plain old "contract" kind and the "covenant" marriage. It seems to me this would satisfy everyone.

Gays aren't happy unless they are flouting their perversions and pressing to have them accepted as the norm. They are a snippy, agressive lot more self-righteous than fundametalist preachers.

Aren’t couples in Civil Unions hit with gigantic estate taxes when the other dies (as opposed to 0% if you're married)? They aren’t equal, so unless you’re out there in Washington trying to amend “some aspects” you should probably just quit worrying about the whole thing and get on with your own business.

You don’t have to like gay marriage, you don’t have to support it, you don’t have to teach your kids that it’s an OK option – that’s your prerogative. But when it comes to the lives of other people, why do you have to stick your nose in their business?

Why not just eliminate marriage from the law entirely and call them all civil unions.

Of course gay marriage won't affect heterosexual marriages.

Who would even think such a thing?

Gays aren't happy unless they are flouting their perversions and pressing to have them accepted as the norm. They are a snippy, agressive lot more self-righteous than fundametalist preachers.

Where did you park your time machine? I'm sure you're sorely missed in the 1930's.

Aren’t couples in Civil Unions hit with gigantic estate taxes when the other dies (as opposed to 0% if you're married)? They aren’t equal, so unless you’re out there in Washington trying to amend “some aspects” you should probably just quit worrying about the whole thing and get on with your own business.

You don’t have to like gay marriage, you don’t have to support it, you don’t have to teach your kids that it’s an OK option – that’s your prerogative. But when it comes to the lives of other people, why do you have to stick your nose in their business?

Gays are grasping little things, too. The bottom line is that they are after government benefits designed to protect women and children,

Gays just want the law to recognize their unions in the same way the law recognizes straight unions.

They are not trying to become the "norm", and they are not trying to force you out of your own personal heterosexual relationship.

Why do you care so much about what gay people do in the privacy of their own home?

Gays are grasping little things, too. The bottom line is that they are after government benefits designed to protect women and children,

Such as? Please elaborate. I mean, we both know you can't because you've made this up, but I find it funny to ask and have you ignore it.

No, they are after equality.

Again, why do you care if two gay adults spend their life together, and the government waives things like the estate tax when the other dies? Can't you just get along with your own business?

Last edited:

Where did you park your time machine? I'm sure you're sorely missed in the 1930's.

As I am equally sure you belong on the set of The Hunger Games. Decadence isn't progress.

Why can't negroes who want to marry white women accept civil unions and just be done with it? Marriage is reserved for two people of the same race! :evil:

Why not just eliminate marriage from the law entirely and call them all civil unions.

Of course gay marriage won't affect heterosexual marriages.

Who would even think such a thing?

I take that as a no to my suggestion then. So my next question would be.... if it wouldn't be good enough for you why should it be good enough for them?

Well, the DOMA kind of prevents that. I agree that the answer to the problem is to let straights keep the "marriage" name and give "Civil Unions" every right and privilege legally, that married couples have.

So separate but equal is your answer? I somehow doubt that such a decision will be forthcoming from the SC, but given some of its current members it would not suprise me. Would the right next go after interacial or interfaith marriage? Would you support making the bond between a Christian Bride and her Athiest Husband a Civil Union?

Gays just want the law to recognize their unions in the same way the law recognizes straight unions.

They are not trying to become the "norm", and they are not trying to force you out of your own personal heterosexual relationship.

Why do you care so much about what gay people do in the privacy of their own home?

Not all gays for sure, but the activist gays wouldn't be satisfied with civil unions even if they had the EXACT same rights as marriages. The reason of course isn't about gay rights, but about rubbing it in the faces of the evangelicals. Childish really.

Forum List

Back