Why can't evolution be part of god's plan?

Actually, the original Hebrew, B'reishis, means "in A beginning", not THE beginning, thereby implying OTHER beginnings.

just sayin'.

do you know of a link to a hebrew interpretation for creation in genesis? I'd be interested in reading about interpretive errors filtered by the jewish perspective.

how does the earth have light, the first day shogun?

according to the bible, it didn't until after the Earth was created. Which is total bullshit. See, this is why I posted evidence.

Is this question supposed to remind me of how an alcoholic will often be the last person to comprehend that he has a drinking problem?
Do you have anything of significance or relevance to add to the debate? You haven't show that ability, so I'm wondering.

Is this a "debate"? Seems more like a bunch of religious nuts going over made up Bible fables as if the occult were somehow "real".

The reasons scientists don't waste their time on this nonsense are several.

First, they know that can't put a dent in ironclad religious dogma cloaked in ignorance. The mysticals are simply too indoctrinated.

Second, if you look at the average age of Nobel Prize winners, you get an indication how how long these guys (and ladies) work to get where they are. Depending on the field of study, it could be from the mid fifties to the mid seventies before they are even nominated.

To become a world class scientist takes years of study before they can contribute a single idea.

For the religious, you only need to memorize Bible passages. How hard is that? After all, it's only one book.

Scientists simply can't take a year out of their lives to combat religious superstitution. Instead, they ignore the ignorant. I believe it's to the detriment of the country.

The religious want to teach mystical creation as an alternative to science. Pathetic. Name a single scientific fact or invention that comes from the Bible. Religion shackles and dulls the mind as well as destroying curiosity.

Go ahead, laugh. You use science discovered by others to enrich your lives, but give money to churches that do nothing. They make nothing. You just go there and sit and wish to the air. In fact, the air has more substance.
Mentioning where I sit or don't is an odd claim to make. Regardless, you seem to think that no scientists are believers and are in some sort of position to speak for scientists.

I know this is a confusing matter. I am a Biology major - Psychology minor and I have 100% christian believes, and when I decided to go for it, I made a pact with myself to avoid conflict. I would not try to mix my belives with my education. I dont allow myself to question one another. I keep my faith in my heart and my knowledge in my brain.
Exactly. It is quite easy to be a scientist and believe, if one has the ability to recognize that we are both emotional and cognitive beings.

Religion has been stifling science for hundreds (thousands?) of years...

Copernicus, Galileo and Darwin - Three Men Who Changed the World | Atheist Foundation of Australia Inc

The following words are from the great philosopher Bertrand Russell from his book Religion and Science.

New truth is often uncomfortable, especially to the holders of power; nevertheless, amid the long record of cruelty and bigotry, it is the most important achievement of our intelligent but wayward species.

Nicolaus Copernicus (1473-1543)

His work was put in the Index of Forbidden Books in 1611 and not taken out until around 1835. The Index was a list of books put out by the Roman Catholic Church that they considered immoral, impious or dangerous. It is hard to believe but the last edition of the list was published as recently as 1948. Luckily for Roman Catholics it was decreed in 1966 that no more new lists would be published and that it was OK to read from existing lists without fear of excommunication.

Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

He published his findings and found himself in conflict with philosophers and professors. The idea that the earth moved around the Sun was not in accord with biblical scripture and in 1614 he was secretly denounced to the Inquisition by Dominican preachers.

Galileo was tried in Rome in February 1633 and on June 16 was sentenced. On June 21 Galileo was read his sentence - guilty! He was ordered to recant and was sentenced to life imprisonment which was commuted to house arrest by the Pope. He is alleged to have said, under his breath, "But it moves for all that." Galileo remained under house arrest for another eight years until his death on January 8 1642.

In 1998 after an investigation set up by Pope John Paul ll the Roman Catholic Church admitted it had been wrong about Galileo!

Religous Tolerance About this web site

We believe that: Religions are very different.
Religions teach very different perceptions of God.
All religions cannot be absolutely true in their beliefs.
With few exceptions, most faith groups have a positive influence on their members.
Some religions and their followers have committed terrible atrocities against women and minorities.
Honest doubt helps prevent many religious injustices. Those who were most certain of their faith were the ones who stoned the prophets.
All, or almost all, theistic religions are "bottom-up" faiths. That is, their beliefs, practices and holy books are the creation of humans trying to comprehend the deity or deities that they have created.
Few, if any, of the theistic religions are "top-down" faiths. That is, their beliefs, practices and holy books represent revelation from God to humanity.

Do you have anything of significance or relevance to add to the debate? You haven't show that ability, so I'm wondering.

Is this a "debate"? Seems more like a bunch of religious nuts going over made up Bible fables as if the occult were somehow "real".

First, they know that can't put a dent in ironclad religious dogma cloaked in ignorance. The mysticals are simply too indoctrinated.

Second, if you look at the average age of Nobel Prize winners, you get an indication how how long these guys (and ladies) work to get where they are. Depending on the field of study, it could be from the mid fifties to the mid seventies before they are even nominated.

To become a world class scientist takes years of study before they can contribute a single idea.

For the religious, you only need to memorize Bible passages. How hard is that? After all, it's only one book.

Scientists simply can't take a year out of their lives to combat religious superstitution. Instead, they ignore the ignorant. I believe it's to the detriment of the country.

The religious want to teach mystical creation as an alternative to science. Pathetic. Name a single scientific fact or invention that comes from the Bible. Religion shackles and dulls the mind as well as destroying curiosity.

Go ahead, laugh. You use science discovered by others to enrich your lives, but give money to churches that do nothing. They make nothing. You just go there and sit and wish to the air. In fact, the air has more substance.
Mentioning where I sit or don't is an odd claim to make. Regardless, you seem to think that no scientists are believers and are in some sort of position to speak for scientists.

talk about a strawman... sheesh.

:cuckoo:

Let's put it THIS way: If you are a scientist and promote a CREATION MUSEUM approach to science rather than a SMITHSONIAN approach then don't be too shocked when your employment opportunities shrink to however many positions need to be filled at a Creation Museum.

:thup:

the days and the progression of these stages, are the same stages although simplified, that science is proving now with evolution...yet 5000 years ago

see, but that is a bunch of interpretive horse shit. There was no firmament without a SUNS gravity to hold it in orbit. That the origin of the bible specifically mentions an earth BEFORE the creation of light. Which, again, is hogwash. YOU might try to force YOUR beliefs into the shape of modern science but...

and, again, the word "FORMED" doesn't mean anything in relation to TIME or PROGRESSION. Indeed, that they are called DAYS should tell you who, EXACTLY, fabricated that myth.

the sun was THERE already....it show such on day 1, day 2, day 3.....

what in the world was the LIGHT on those other 3 days? what god created on the 4th day was the firming up of the planets and sun and moon....the entire passage speaks of the affixing of these planets and earth in the heavens...

gravitational pulls of other moving planets kept the contents within the galaxy unset, this passage speaks of them being set in the firmament of the heavens...it does not say the sun and moon were created on this specific 4th day, it says that god created the sun and the moon for daylight and moonlight and SET them, this does not mean they were created that day....but the sun and moon created for us were SET in their positioning to us, the firmament of the skies.

this is how i read it, you are welcome to your own opinion. :)

Genesis 1
The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Genesis 1 - Passage*Lookup - New International Version - BibleGateway.com

As you can see, according to the bible god created the heavens and THE EARTH first. How does the Earth have "waters" for the spirit of god to hover over without the Sun's gravity which doesn't make an appearance until the 3rd verse?

Thanks for admitting your posts are merely "how you read them". Which, in effect, is nothing more than an opinion.

our galaxy all formed at the same time 4.5 billion years ago....neither of us know earth's position to the sun in the beginning...how much light we got from the sun in the beginning....how much gravitational pull was present etc...

before our sun exploded and became the sun, where was the matter that formed the earth shogun?

hovering over the waters could be just a term, a figure of speech.

are you saying that we did not get our water without gravity? the water was under the earth's crust, from what i saw on The Universe...only to arrive on the surface later...after some cooling, and some scientists also believe asteroid bombardment might have brought the extra water....

before our moon, the water on the earth had tides of a mile high going in 100 miles inland and then out 100 miles, is what scientists say.... some scientists even say, without this craziness of tides we may not have developed life....the agitation of tides without our moon set us up for life to begin here...

Last edited:
I know this is a confusing matter. I am a Biology major - Psychology minor and I have 100% christian believes, and when I decided to go for it, I made a pact with myself to avoid conflict. I would not try to mix my belives with my education. I dont allow myself to question one another. I keep my faith in my heart and my knowledge in my brain.
Exactly. It is quite easy to be a scientist and believe, if one has the ability to recognize that we are both emotional and cognitive beings.

Copernicus, Galileo and Darwin - Three Men Who Changed the World | Atheist Foundation of Australia Inc

The following words are from the great philosopher Bertrand Russell from his book Religion and Science.

New truth is often uncomfortable, especially to the holders of power; nevertheless, amid the long record of cruelty and bigotry, it is the most important achievement of our intelligent but wayward species.

His work was put in the Index of Forbidden Books in 1611 and not taken out until around 1835. The Index was a list of books put out by the Roman Catholic Church that they considered immoral, impious or dangerous. It is hard to believe but the last edition of the list was published as recently as 1948. Luckily for Roman Catholics it was decreed in 1966 that no more new lists would be published and that it was OK to read from existing lists without fear of excommunication.

He published his findings and found himself in conflict with philosophers and professors. The idea that the earth moved around the Sun was not in accord with biblical scripture and in 1614 he was secretly denounced to the Inquisition by Dominican preachers.

Galileo was tried in Rome in February 1633 and on June 16 was sentenced. On June 21 Galileo was read his sentence - guilty! He was ordered to recant and was sentenced to life imprisonment which was commuted to house arrest by the Pope. He is alleged to have said, under his breath, "But it moves for all that." Galileo remained under house arrest for another eight years until his death on January 8 1642.

In 1998 after an investigation set up by Pope John Paul ll the Roman Catholic Church admitted it had been wrong about Galileo!

With few exceptions, most faith groups have a positive influence on their members.
Some religions and their followers have committed terrible atrocities against women and minorities.
Honest doubt helps prevent many religious injustices. Those who were most certain of their faith were the ones who stoned the prophets.
All, or almost all, theistic religions are "bottom-up" faiths. That is, their beliefs, practices and holy books are the creation of humans trying to comprehend the deity or deities that they have created.
Few, if any, of the theistic religions are "top-down" faiths. That is, their beliefs, practices and holy books represent revelation from God to humanity.

Oh man, that's fantasic. I feel pretty safe in saying that none of them are top down.

Oh man, that's fantasic. I feel pretty safe in saying that none of them are top down.
Your lack of logic is astounding. But keep playing at it; it's cute.

As I said, if your mental faculties are so limited that you think being a scientist and believeing are mututally exclusive, one must question why you bother playing even a dilettante at science.

Let's put it THIS way: If you are a scientist and promote a CREATION MUSEUM approach to science rather than a SMITHSONIAN approach then don't be too shocked when your employment opportunities shrink to however many positions need to be filled at a Creation Museum.

What ARE you going on about? Do you just make shit up about what others say and argue that?

No wonder there are kiddie tables at holidays.

what in the world was the LIGHT on those other 3 days? what god created on the 4th day was the firming up of the planets and sun and moon....the entire passage speaks of the affixing of these planets and earth in the heavens...

gravitational pulls of other moving planets kept the contents within the galaxy unset, this passage speaks of them being set in the firmament of the heavens...it does not say the sun and moon were created on this specific 4th day, it says that god created the sun and the moon for daylight and moonlight and SET them, this does not mean they were created that day....but the sun and moon created for us were SET in their positioning to us, the firmament of the skies.

Genesis 1
The Beginning

2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

As you can see, according to the bible god created the heavens and THE EARTH first. How does the Earth have "waters" for the spirit of god to hover over without the Sun's gravity which doesn't make an appearance until the 3rd verse?

Thanks for admitting your posts are merely "how you read them". Which, in effect, is nothing more than an opinion.

our galaxy all formed at the same time 4.5 billion years ago....neither of us know earth's position to the sun in the beginning...how much light we got from the sun in the beginning....how much gravitational pull was present etc...

before our sun exploded and became the sun, where was the matter that formed the earth shogun?

are you saying that we did not get our water without gravity? the water was under the earth's crust, from what i saw on The Universe...only to arrive on the surface later...after some cooling, and some scientists also believe asteroid bombardment might have brought the extra water....

before our moon, the water on the earth had tides of a mile high going in 100 feet inland and then out 100 feet, is what scientists say.... some scientists even say, without this craziness of tides we may not have developed life....the agitation of tides without our moon set us up for life to begin here...

:rofl:

see how much twisting and wrangling that is necessary to mold your faith in the likeness of science? A FIGURE OF SPEECH? seriously?

but to the finer points:

first, the bible says nothing about the age of anything. You've taken that from science. Second, the bible states that the earth was created BEFORE the light was created. Regardless of perspective to the sun there would have still been the presence of light. So, im sorry, but yours is simply a wrong notion.

and, seriously. every star in the sky amounts to a sun. Your entire perspective argument flies right out the window.

I want you to read this sentence again REAL carefully:

:eusa_angel:

for real.

and without gravity, and the sun to provide gravitational axis, there is no water on the surface. This is why it's significant that the bible states which was created first. Think of it as an order of operation.

Moons and tides and agitation doesn't support the origin version in genesis. And, just so you know, Adam didn't name a Brontosaurus either.. Nor did woman spring from his rib bone like an asexual mutation.

the more you know.

Genesis 1
The Beginning

before our moon, the water on the earth had tides of a mile high going in 100 miles inland and then out 100 miles, is what scientists say.... some scientists even say, without this craziness of tides we may not have developed life....the agitation of tides without our moon set us up for life to begin here...

The light from the early Universe still exists. We can look back when the Universe was less than 400,000 years old.

Universe Pictures

And yet, an actual photograph won't be enough. You can't make people see. They just close their minds.

The cool thing about us is that it takes exploding stars to make the material that we are made out of. We are the children of Novas. Much better that than a pile of dirt.

What ARE you going on about? Do you just make shit up about what others say and argue that?

HERE is the sum total of your laughable take on science and creation. Enjoy!

Creation Museum - Creation, Evolution, Science, Dinosaurs, Family, Christian Worldview | Creation Museum

Genesis 1
The Beginning

The light from the early Universe still exists. We can look back when the Universe was less than 400,000 years old.

Universe Pictures

And yet, an actual photograph won't be enough. You can't make people see. They just close their minds.

The cool thing about us is that it takes exploding stars to make the material that we are made out of. We are the children of Novas. Much better that than a pile of dirt.

so are you saying that when earth was being formed, the light of the universe is what gave us day and night? how could that be? did we rotate around the universe? :lol::lol:

are you denying the sun's presence when our galaxy was formed?

are you denying that the surface of the earth became covered with water? are you denying the water came up from under the surface? are you denying that waters covered the earth before land came up?

i truly do not know what you are trying to say?

pile of dirt? no way! we are star dust...the dust of the earth is stardust
care

Last edited:

Creation Museum - Creation, Evolution, Science, Dinosaurs, Family, Christian Worldview | Creation Museum
You are funny with your strawmen. I don't give a shit about this museum, yet you keep going on about it. How irrelevant of you. Your kneejerk assumptions about my views are making you look like a fool. Take a few deep breaths, read the thread, then either continue looking like the fool, or get relevant in your responses to me.

Last edited:

For someone with a biology major and a Psych minor, then you should at least know that its all in your brain.

For someone with a biology major and a Psych minor, then you should at least know that its all in your brain.
As are most beliefs. I doubt you are telling him anything but the obvious.

You are funny with your strawmen. I don't give a shit about this museum, yet you keep going on about it. How irrelevant of you. Your kneejerk assumptions about my views are making you look like a fool. Take a few deep breaths, read the thread, then either continue looking like the fool, or get relevant in your responses to me.

that museum is about as impressive as your entire input in this thread. Indeed, it's fucking hilarious to see you cry about knee jerk assumptions given your entire input in this thread thus far. Shall we take a gander at the concept of evidence and review your intelle-:)lol: sorry, couldn't finish that sarcasm without bursting forth in laughter), uh, your posts, rather? I bet you don't.

Trust me, dogma junkie. I'm not the one looking like a fool in this age of science. Especially when all you seem capable of is trying hard to assimilate what science brings to the table.

Go apply for a science job and explain how god magically wiggled his nose and *poof* there goes Adam riding a fucking dinosaur, dude. :thup:

As are most beliefs. I doubt you are telling him anything but the obvious.

Then I'll point out something equally obvious, at least, to me. Its bolded above.

uh... so we are just tossing opinions out now?

:lol:

yes, given that the bible is supposed to be the inspired word of god I'd say that such assertions and assumptions should have a bit of a foundation in evidence deeper than something you came up with while on the shitter last night.

I'm a Jewish Buddhist, sorry bro ;).

that is neither here nor there. You made as assertion about gods will and I'd like to see if you can provide evidence for such outside of admitting that it is nothing more than your personal opinion.

Sure right after you give me evidence that God exists i'll get right on getting you evidence that the same God intended its creations to evolve ;).

Please dont use your personal opinion to prove the existence of said god :D (Balls getting busted :rofl:).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back