Why can't evolution be part of god's plan?

Isn't science just discovering god's blueprints? If not, why not?

My kids go to private Christian schools and they teach evolution. In the Catholic Church, they have stated such things as:

In his encyclical Humani Generis (1950), my predecessor Pius XII has already affirmed that there is no conflict between evolution and the doctrine of the faith regarding man and his vocation

Pope John Paul II  22 October 1996   To Pontifical Academy of Sciences

• Banned
But doesn't the bible say that the earth was made in 6 days, with man/woman on the 6th is it?

But doesn't the bible say that the earth was made in 6 days, with man/woman on the 6th is it?

Yes, but a day in the Bible doesn't always mean a 24 hour day. Sometimes a day can mean 1000 years. Sometimes longer. You can't always read the Bible literally. You need to understand the context, the history, the author, etc. There is much to learn.

• Banned
So a day in the bible isn't a day? :lol:

So anyways, how does evolution fit in if the bible says that man was made out of dust? Man just plopped down, then evolved?

Because the occult is "wishful thinking". There is no such things as spirits and ghosts.

Science is still leaning about the universe. One thing we know for sure, "Noah's Ark" is a fable and not a historical event.

And it comes up every couple of months here.

And always, it's a Christian or bible bashing thread, ultimately.

Anything can be part of "god's plan". That's the problem. It doesn't matter what observations are ever made, it doesn't matter what ever happens. ANYTHING can be characterized as "Oh, that was god's plan" by anyone who feels like stringing those words together because "it was god's plan" is a totally unfalsifiable hypothesis.

Which renders it worthless. It robs it of all predictive and explanatory value whatsoever.

It is exactly the same thing as responding to every single request to explain absolutely anything that happens with "magic".

"Why is the moon going around the earth?" "Magic".

"Why do puppies have fur?" "Magic."

"Why does wood burn better than rocks?" "Magic."

"Why do people get old?" "Magic."

You can say that all day long, you aren't explaining a damn thing and you aren't increasing anyone's real knowledge of what actually occurred one single tiny little bit. you're not providing answers, you're just providing responses. Labels that have no information content.

The 'atheists' here are not of the caliber that I am used to. That saddens me because I always enjoyed these sorts of discussions.

Are you still sulking about embarrassing yourself not understanding what subjective means? Get over it and move on man.
An unoriginal OP and this post. Thank you for giving another example of exactly what I am mentioning. I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Dear Moron,
The earth is Millions of years old and people did not inter act with dinosaurs
Read a book Science denier!!

Mind voting in my poll?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...hat-if-evolution-was-part-of-creationism.html

Of course we could call it "Intelligent Design"; or, instead of arguing how many angels can dance on pins maybe those who believe in God, those who wonder if there is a God, and those who reject the idea of a God, could agree to disagree and get along.
Different beliefs in God have been on going for thousands of years, and the only sure result of this argument is that humans kill humans in Gods name, and priests of every cult tacitly or actively support the slaughter.

Last edited:
Of course it can!

Its just silly to assume that there's a driving consciousness behind it when there is no proof of that.

Forum List

Back