Why Can't Everyone Pay the Same Tax Rate?

Sure. If we had a flat tax the politicians wouldn't be able to use taxes as election fodder.

EGGZACKLY!

Politicians make their careers by taking the golden eggs away from the more productive to pay off the less productive.

Yep move the money from those who actually built a product to executives and shareholdres who never touched a screw.

I guess it depends on your personal definition of productive.
But to me if a company manufactures a product then those that actually manufacturers that product are the most productive.

I would say then that your definition is a bit off. For whatever reason certain people equate productive with attaching part A to part B all day. That isn't productive that is mindless work. Believe me I know, I've done it. That person on the line doesn't have to manage shit. He's got one job and one job only. Attach A to B. Done. Not exactly rocket science or managing the the success of an entire company.

A pure flat tax on all personal income except inheritance.
No deductions.

We could do away with parasitic industries like HR Block and reduce the IRS to an handfull of employees.

You filing would be like:
I...............certify that the wages represented here represent all of my personal income. these forms would be sent from employers, banks, etc you would just sign and forward to IRS.

or
I had additional unreported income her is my XX% tax.

Everyone should pay a tax on capital gains, except those who receive it totally unearned, as a result of embryonic bingo? I don't get your logic.

there would in all likelihood be a dual bracket if it ever became law here, there would be no other way to get the democratic party on board, bkause deos riches mens gots to be whomped fo' der kash...

2 Brackets- 14 and 22%. Split it out at the high end of the FICA max. $106K.

Why should the average person pay for some rich dude to exploit public education, and hire people with basic math and reading and writing skills? Why should the average dweeb pay for super highways, ports, and airports which are going to be most exploited by the super rich? Should everyone pay the same tax for a billion dollar enterprise, which needs more national security, police, and fire protection.

I think the question ought to be, why are the rich using the middle class to fund their infrastructure?

its actually completely the opposite.90% of all taxes are paid by the top 5 %....who avails themselves of the use of highways schools, fire dept. etc. more?

And before you answer think on it, because I KNOW there are studys etc. that confirm that the numbers work that way ( aside for sheer numerical logic) and quantify them in dollar terms- the lower you go from 'the rich' the greater the proportion of good and services are used as you slide down the scale by those in those lower brackets, way more than they put in.

Of course you just made this up. The fact is that the top 5% pays 60.63% of the federal tax, yet the top 10% hold over 85% of our wealth.

sources: National Taxpayers Union - Who Pays Income Taxes?
Wealth and Income Inequality in the USA

Why should the average person pay for some rich dude to exploit public education, and hire people with basic math and reading and writing skills? Why should the average dweeb pay for super highways, ports, and airports which are going to be most exploited by the super rich? Should everyone pay the same tax for a billion dollar enterprise, which needs more national security, police, and fire protection.

I think the question ought to be, why are the rich using the middle class to fund their infrastructure?

its actually completely the opposite.90% of all taxes are paid by the top 5 %....who avails themselves of the use of highways schools, fire dept. etc. more?

And before you answer think on it, because I KNOW there are studys etc. that confirm that the numbers work that way ( aside for sheer numerical logic) and quantify them in dollar terms- the lower you go from 'the rich' the greater the proportion of good and services are used as you slide down the scale by those in those lower brackets, way more than they put in.

Of course you just made this up. The fact is that the top 5% pays 60.63% of the federal tax, yet the top 10% hold over 85% of our wealth.

LMAO! so you are saying the rich pay MORE then the poor if they are covering 60.63% of the federal tax.

Are you jealous that they have money? Or is it that YOU just want a bigger piece of the rich?

Again flat tax the rich,the poor and everyone in between, no exceptions. Then everyone bleeds the same. 20% is 20%.

A pure flat tax on all personal income except inheritance.
No deductions.

We could do away with parasitic industries like HR Block and reduce the IRS to an handfull of employees.

You filing would be like:
I...............certify that the wages represented here represent all of my personal income. these forms would be sent from employers, banks, etc you would just sign and forward to IRS.

or
I had additional unreported income her is my XX% tax.

As long as that flat tax was no higher than than 15%, then that would be wonderful.

LMAO! so you are saying the rich pay MORE then the poor if they are covering 60.63% of the federal tax.

Are you jealous that they have money? Or is it that YOU just want a bigger piece of the rich?

Again flat tax the rich,the poor and everyone in between, no exceptions. Then everyone bleeds the same. 20% is 20%.

The point is that the top 5% are the ones not paying their fair share. The point is the top 5% utilizes public service to leverage wealth at a higher rate than the other 95%.

Now if your suggestion is a real flat tax on any income, whether it's individual, inherited, capital gains, or corporate profit, I might just buy into that. But there ought be no exceptions.

The point is that the top 5% are the ones not paying their fair share. The point is the top 5% utilizes public service to leverage wealth at a higher rate than the other 95%.

Now if your suggestion is a real flat tax on any income, whether it's individual, inherited, capital gains, or corporate profit, I might just buy into that. But there ought be no exceptions.

The top 5% paid over 60% of income taxes. There is no way on earth that they are using 60% of what Government redistributes.

And the funny part is that you fail to equate the two. Wealth is NOT TAXED AT ALL, income is taxed and the top wage earners in no way represents the wealthiest people. They are 2 different measures.

Personally, I find a complete flat rate very distasteful as it is incorrect and counterproductive to require those that barely make enough to eat to pay taxes. That will not help society out in any way. I would like to see a basic tiered system that has a minimum of three levels that all people are involved in. A basic level that is not taxed - say under 20 or 30K, a mid level that is moderately taxed and an upper level. It is fair (everyone gets taxed at the same rates for each portion of earnings), allows the poor some breathing room when cash is extremely tight, and places the burdens appropriately. A flat tax in general is a undue burden on the poor that are unable to pay. Tax havens and deductions need to be removed and the ratio of tax burden between the tiers fixed as those are the main pathways politicians use to incite class warfare and control free markets.

Also, the argument that the rich use the system more is complete bullshit. The rich actually use the system less as they rely on their own means to get things done. It is the poor that require the state to provide for them and they consume the lion's share of resources. The fact that they are the principal consumers of the government does not have any bearing on what taxes should be. the tax system needs to be set up to ensure the adequate funding of the government and its needs while remaining equitable for those that must pay it. Placing undue burdens at the top end stifles growth and kills the economy and placing those burdens at the bottom destroys order and hampers the ability of others to succeed and move to higher social levels. Neither is good for anyone.

And the people who sucking on the public teet are NOT paying their fair share either. I am also sure they consist of more then 5% and they too ALSO use public services.

I want a flat tax for EVERYONE. If you make a billion a year i want them paying 20% of that billion. If you make $10 a year i want 20% of that $10. Get it FLAT tax for EVERYONE. No exceptions.

The wealthy disproportionately benefit from government spending, and disproportionately have the ability to make large amounts of their income in low tax or no tax investments,

therefore it is only fair that the high end of their earned income should be taxed at a higher rate.

The top 5% paid over 60% of income taxes. There is no way on earth that they are using 60% of what Government redistributes.

Show me a link of what income the top 5% earned. I've already shown that the top 1o% hold more than 80% of our national wealth. Yeah, there's redistribution, and it's from the middle class to the top. I know how much the right wing likes to crap on poor people, but that's just bullshit when you look at the numbers.

Here you go.

And wealth is not income, bub.

In 2009, the top 5% reported 37% of the total AGI, and paid over 60% of the income taxes - that is hardly representative getting MORE from the government than they pay.

The Tax Foundation - Summary of Latest Federal Individual Income Tax Data

Ok, no dodge here, answer this.

If you think the rich are overtaxed, and we lower their taxes...

...whose taxes do you want to raise to make up the revenue shortfall?

Here's a thought - SPEND LESS!!!!!

Here you go.

In 2009, the top 5% reported 37% of the total AGI, and paid over 60% of the income taxes - that is hardly representative getting MORE from the government than they pay.

That's the dodge I want posters to avoid.

If you cut taxes for the rich, you lose revenue. Therefore, whose taxes do you want to raise to make up that revenue? Your own?

Here you go.

On defense, which is the largest discretionary item on the budget?

Forum List

Back