Why Can't Everyone Pay the Same Tax Rate?

Damn, you're stone stupid. Accumulated wealth, when liquidated, it's taxed at half rate. That's one of the reasons I'm disgusted with right wing crap about the alleged death tax. If you convert your wealth to income, you get taxed at about half the tax rate. If it's convert at your death, you idiots want it to be a freebie for those whose estates are well over 2 million.

You see, you want it both ways. You don't want to pay taxes, and you want to bitch about government death. You're nothing more than a welfare whore, who doesn't love this country enough to keep it fiscally strong.

Now come on back with your personal attacks. BTW, you were the one who decided you wanted a rep war. That must mean you actually care about those little cyber medals.

Damn... you are more stupid than you claim others to be.... hey are not the same thing... and now you have shown to be in support of double taxation, as if the money belonged to the government or society instead of the person earning it...

I support no death tax for anyone... rich, poor, DEM, REP, fat, this, male, female, or whatever else....

You, who support even more ways of taxation in a wealth redistribution scheme at the hands of a bloated government, shows yourself to be the welfare whore you proclaim others to be... you ignorant pole smoker

You just don't want people to pay their fair share, and don't give a damn if you bankrupt our country. You're nothing more than a middleclass welfare queen, who doesn't care about how you weaken our nation.

Actually, it's the other way around. It is you who don't want people to pay their fair share. You want other people to be punished for having more than you. Sad bastard - earn your own fucking money and stop trying to take everyone else's. What my family have accumulated, they have already paid tax on... You don't get to tax them again because they die. Moron. That money belongs to us... make your own.

We have to agree to disagree. I think it is a fair thing for every American to pay the exact same amount of taxes as any other citizen. If the rate of income taxes are, for the sake of conversation, 10% of all earned income, then I think it is a fair thing for everybody to pay 10% of all income earned in taxes. Just because a person is industrious and earns more than someone who is less fortunate or less industrious doesn't mean you have the right to essentially pick his pocket just because he has more. [...]
Do you consider a corporate CEO who goes home with a Christmas bonus of $600 million while the rank and file employees go home with a collapsed retirement fund "industrious?"

How about the banker who declares more than a billion dollar income and who forecloses on hundreds of homes in the same year. Is he "industrious?"

How about the 26 hedge fund operators who "earned" over a billion dollars each in one year by gambling with stockholders' money? Are they examples of "industrious" effort?

Or are you just one more average American who has swallowed the Kool-Aid fed to the right-wing by the emerging plutocracy? If so you need to learn the difference between industry and exploitation.

This is America, not Saudi Arabia. Wealth is fine. Excessive wealth is not.

If I recall correctly.

Wasn't the ideas of flat and fair tax a liberal idea from the late 80's?

I think if you combined those 2 we could get rid of the IRS and the rich would end up paying more b/c they would buy more expensive items.

That's close to fair, imo.

I think everybody in America should pay taxes at the same rate. I also think that the 49% of Americans that don't pay any Federal taxes should buck up and pay taxes like the rest of us. Everybody wants to gripe about what taxes the rich pay, or what they should be paying, but nobody seems to have much to say about the nearly half of the population that pay no Federal taxes at all. So, liberal pals, what's fair about that? In my humble opinion, I strongly support the ideas of the "Fair Tax" movement.

Big Black dog, the poorest DO PAY Federal Taxes, they just do not pay income taxes. the Federal Taxes the poor and middle class pay are the Social security tax, of which nearly $200 - $300 BILLION a year of social security surplus taxes have been collected from them and used each year to pay in the budget, for what income taxes should have been paying for....plus they pay medicare taxes on every dime they make as well. In addition to this they pay nearly all of the federal gas taxes compared to the wealthiest, and they pay the majority of the Federal cigarette taxes compared to the top 2% of the wealthiest in this country....in addition to this, every thing they purchase made by a corporation, they paid the corporation's federal taxes that are built in to the price of the product.

so, in my opinion, it is far from reality and factual, when people claim there are 49% of this country's working citizens that pay no Federal taxes to support this country.

Can't you see that this claim is distorting what is actually going on here....and this is the wealthiest trying to take even more from the poorest than they ALREADY take, so that the wealthiest can have less taken from them....? This is the very wealthiest attacking the middle class and poor, who already OVER contribute a huge percentage of EVERY DIME of their income to social security taxes, which are then used to pay for the budget of which federal taxes outside of SS should be paying? While the very wealthiest, only AT ABSOLUTE MAX pay social security taxes on only their first +/- $100k....that is just some of them pay that, because small business owners avoid SS taxes on any of the money they take in from their business as individual income/capital gain, where no social security tax is required to be paid on it.

It is REVERSE ROBINHOOD....

And I will NEVER understand those who support such....(shakes head) only because it is NOT as you all portray, (that these people pay no federal taxes to support this country), the FINE PRINT on what is really happening is important, again, imo.

Care

We have to agree to disagree. I think it is a fair thing for every American to pay the exact same amount of taxes as any other citizen. If the rate of income taxes are, for the sake of conversation, 10% of all earned income, then I think it is a fair thing for everybody to pay 10% of all income earned in taxes. Just because a person is industrious and earns more than someone who is less fortunate or less industrious doesn't mean you have the right to essentially pick his pocket just because he has more. I also do not agree with tax exemptions for children, home loans, earned income, child care expenses, etc. If you cannot support the children you bring into the world you should not be having them. Everybody should have a certain amount of tax free income, again, just for the sake of conversation, $20,000.00. All income earned after that initial $20,000.00 should be taxed the same for everybody at the same rate. No other tax exemptions for either private citizens or business. Our whole tax schedule and laws are a disgrace. The most simple person of reason should be able to figure out his own taxes and pay them. There is no need for multiple volumes of tax codes. At the most, the tax codes should be maybe two or three pages of laws and regulations.
Good morning Black Dog,
I agree that our present tax system is all messed up....10 feet high of paperwork listing all that can be deducted or can't be deducted IRS rules is for the birds. I also agree that if the tax system was changed, to a flat or sales tax, that there should be a certain amount of what everyone earns, tax exempt....like the 20k you mentioned above...

What is problematic, as example with a national sales tax, is that the wealthiest, and others.... can just buy their big ticket items overseas, to avoid the sales tax...and things like buying stock, paying for a lawyer or tax adviser, and buying a mansion, a vacation home or land, have to be taxed upfront as well in order for the system to be fair to all....and this could hurt real estate sales, or stock purchases.

and problems with the flat tax is that there are too many ways to avoid taxes....buying stock is one way to avoid taxes....or owning stock is a way to avoid taxes....the gain's you accumulate year after year on your stock are not taxed until you sell them....and you may never sell them....Like Mr. Hilton, owns millions upon millions in Hilton Hotel stocks and does not sell off his stock, but holds on to it till he dies...like 200,000 shares of stock that were acquired at $10 bucks a share that are now worth $100 bucks a share....year after year, no taxes are due on what the stock earned for him....while the peon that earned 3% interest on the money they managed to save and put in to a cd or a savings account, gets taxed at the end of each year.... the system would require many changes to make it fair to all.

It is not as easy as it seems to change our tax system, and make it a fair system that does not over burden the average guy while still giving perks to those who have more money.

Not saying that it could not be done....just saying it is much more complicated than one would think.

Forum List

Back