Why can't anyone in the current generation sing as good as this?

Blame the digital boards and autotune.

I remember when you went to see a band in concert, you could pretty much count on them sounding almost like the album you have at home.

I can think of several who fit that category.............Led Zep, The Who, Jefferson Airplane..............face it, most "artists" today think that a good beat makes up for artistic talent.

They stopped writing songs your could hear in the early 70s.

Who says they can't write and perform at that level?

SOME can, but most artists today can't.

Lots of them can. They just can't do it consistently as say the Beatles did. Lots of their success were the result of their previous successes, and reputation for making great music, not the music its self. Think about it. Early recordings of Yellow Submarine , Octopuses Garden, and I am the Walrus are highly sought after recordings. Those songs would have been nothing more than quickly forgotten, silly, novelty songs if they were done by ANYBODY else.

She has a beautiful voice no question. I do think that there are popular music voices out there as good - but simply singling in a more contemporary style and less classical.

As a former community theater actor, singer & musical director I don't know that's it's necessary to hold out every note to that extent.

But for her time - an A+

While I will agree that the young lady has talent, I don't understand how you can say that the current generation is unable to compete...

THIS is what I was talking about in #16:

I do think that there are popular music voices out there as good - but simply singling in a more contemporary style and less classical.

Grace is awesome - sings with more vulnerability. I think that's kind of the difference that makes her more 21st century.

Who says they can't write and perform at that level?

SOME can, but most artists today can't.

Lots of them can. They just can't do it consistently as say the Beatles did. Lots of their success were the result of their previous successes, and reputation for making great music, not the music its self. Think about it. Early recordings of Yellow Submarine , Octopuses Garden, and I am the Walrus are highly sought after recordings. Those songs would have been nothing more than quickly forgotten, silly, novelty songs if they were done by ANYBODY else.

I think it is more of a writing thing than a singing thing. The pipes are still around just not the writers. I think that todays writers are into todays sound which I am not and evidently most on this board also are not into todays sound.

Forum List

Back