Why can't Americans have a vacation?

Most US workers are screwed and trapped, and the arrogant, ignorant, compassion challenged,(racist?) dupes end up with nothing but stupid insults and idiotic talking points.

Your self-awareness is So Refreshing!

Many thanks to you and Unk for the perfect illustrations of my point.

Too bad they did away with core curriculum so you would know something about history, ethics, and politics:badgrin: Later, kids.

Most US workers are screwed and trapped, and the arrogant, ignorant, compassion challenged,(racist?) dupes end up with nothing but stupid insults and idiotic talking points.

Too bad they did away with core curriculum so you would know something about history, ethics, and politics:badgrin: Later, kids.

We know enough about History, Ethics, and Politics to see that your posts are completely devoid of anything valid about any of them.

I had five weeks vacation at my last job.

That, and a pension, stock options, and 401K matching.

But then again, it was a British company.

Had the same at an American company. It depends on the business, I suppose. If the majority of their employees would be hard to replace, the company will do what it can to retain them. It's called Capitalism.

Had the same at an American company. It depends on the business, I suppose. If the majority of their employees would be hard to replace, the company will do what it can to retain them. It's called Capitalism.

Indeed. Any people with some self-respect and a sense of responsibility will do what's in their power to be competitive in the labor market.

You're still not fooling anyone, you ignorant little punk.

You're full of shit, Skull Pilot. People hold jobs for insurance benefits everywhere, every day. It's exceptionally common. If you've never had to do this, you're probably a farmer--or have never actually been an employee.

"Most of us" have worked plenty of unsavory jobs in our lives to support our families. This is hardly unusual. Do you live on Mars or something?

Oh, and this--in America, health care has been managed and distributed for decades by health insurance companies. So, YES, they are effectively the same thing.

you choose to work where you do.

no one is forcing you to work anywhere

Every country is at a LEGISLATED vacation mandate of ~ 5 weeks per year, +/- 1 or 2, except the USA, where there is no vacation legislation for workers, and the ridiculously low 2 weeks is a "gift". Why are Americans so freakishly different again? And why do Americans love undercutting themselves this much?

If you wanted vacations like that, you should have joined the military. We got 30 days paid vacation each year, and at the end of each enlistment, if you had extra days you wanted to sell, you could for the base pay rate of whatever rank you are at.

Additionally...................they also have a retirement plan that starts out when you hit 20 years.

Anyone remember when civilian companies did that for their workers? I do. It was back in the 50's and 60's when unions were strong. However, since we've decided to outsource all our jobs over to China and India (where they work for less with almost no benefits), that has kinda gone the way of the White Buffalo.

Every day, I'm very glad that I chose the military for a career. Yeah, the pay isn't as much as some of the civilian jobs, but the job security is way better, the healthcare is great while you're active duty, and the retirement plan blows anything the civilian sector has offered since the 80's.

You and Bo are so wonderful, it'll be interesting to see how you do in the afterlife, what with your lack of interest in the less fortunate. Pub dupes!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back