Why can only Whites be Racist?

I frequently help out confused children that dont know the meaning of words. ...

And your classmates in the remedial English course wonder why the biggest dunce in the room is pretending to "help out" anyone.

The word you are looking for is 'assimilation' ... unquestionably, our culture is an amalgam of traits from other societies. That is its strength ... we pick the best, and lose the rest. The relatively new insistence on multiculturalism is a danger to that conglomeration, and is the basis of a great many of the cultural conflicts we face today.
I didnt say American culture. I said white culture.

Same answer applies ... and now you're going to claim defending this country is the responsibility of the whites only? That blacks don't care?

Same answer applies ... this amalgam of cultures is the white culture, and the American culture, as well. And now you're going to claim defending this country is the responsibility of the whites only? That blacks don't care?
No the same answer doesnt apply. Each culture contributes to American culture. What has white culture brought to American culture? I cant think of anything off the top of my head thats positive.

Well, let's see if we can figure this out ....

1) White men came to America from Spain, England, France, etc.

2) Each brought his culture.

3) In the spirit of living together, facing common challenges, seeking common goals, their cultures combined, drawing on the best of each.

THAT is the white culture.

4) Blacks, Asian, and other cultures come to America.

5) In the spirit of living together, facing common challenges, seeking common goals, their cultures combine, drawing on the best of each.

THAT is the American culture.

6) In recent times, people seek to come to America who are not expected to assimilate themselves into the American culture. They want a culture all their own. In short, they aren't interested in being an American, but rather, a separate culture living within America, enjoying all the benefits while contributing nothing.

7) Others, who already live here, want to partake of all the advantages of our combined culture, but in order to try to maintain relevance and a separate identity, have created the "hyphen" answer - one foot in each camp, so to speak. They are not totally committed to the American culture, and not totally committed to the other culture. These people don't want the common challenges, or common goals, but rather, want to use American multiculturalism to protect them from the heavy lifting of furthering either culture. Instead, they use this 'hyphen' as a shield from responsibility from either culture.

8) In order to further their political power and, in an attempt to gain political relevance, some American leaders have embraced this concept of 'multiculturalism', using the excuse of 'allowing each to retain his personal identity' to drive wedges between elements of the American people.

9) By driving these wedges into the American society, they are able to create a victim class, and to foster a 'us vs. them' mentality. This allows them to have someone they can control, as well as someone they can blame. This separatism, fostered both in political circles, and in our communities, contributes to problems of tension and distrust.

10) Rather than a commitment to common values, common laws, and common goals, this spirit of 'multiculturalism', when combined with political manipulation, creates an expectation of special treatment, unique rules, and a lowered expectation for each sub-culture. The creation of a 'victim' demands the punishment of the conqueror, special treatment for those supposedly victimized, and an elite class whose purposes are best served by maintaining the victim class in order to facilitate their control. Wherever there is a conflict, there is a need for someone to manage that conflict. It is THAT power that mandates a permanent victimized class.
No thats not white culture. Thats copying someone elses culture and pretending you made it up. People dont have to assimilate to make this country great. What makes this country great is different opinions and perspectives. If everyone thought the same we would become stagnant. I can look at a problem and bring my experiences via culture/knowledge and propose a solution that someone of a different culture may not think of. That is how the world has currently progressed. For example our base 10 numbering system is the result of Indian culture with the help of the Babylonians defining the number 0 and the Muslims teaching it to Europeans.

I understand your point - " I can look at a problem and bring my experiences via culture/knowledge and propose a solution that someone of a different culture may not think of." That is the very thing I'm saying did make it great --- keep the best, discard the rest.

However, people MUST assimilate. They really don't have a choice ... if you don't assimilate to the culture, then you will be left behind. This is exactly the problem we have today. Any time that we have had a large influx of people, they have, by economics or convenience or necessity, walled themselves off. The Irish did it - the Jews did it - blacks did it - and, now, Hispanics are doing it. They do it because of common language, comfort, common goals. It is only when the Irish 'infiltrated' American culture that they, as a group, were able to take full advantage of what America offers. The same for Jews - the same for the Finnish or Norwegians (that's where I come from).

They came here, settled in the same general area, created their Little Finland society or Little Norwegian city, and encapsulated themselves inside the American culture. Eventually, the culture penetrated that capsule, or they reached out, and that is when they were accepted and were able to partake of the American dream.

Barrios and ghettos are created today exactly the same way - because of economics, and because of comfort. These conclaves cater to the need for commonality and cultural comfort, but they serve as barriers for those trying to get out, and those trying to get in.

Like it or not - the American culture drives this country. You can call it the white culture, if you like, but the reality is, that is where the growth, and the wealth, and the advancement exist. I think it's clear that we have subcultures that have a higher tolerance for actions against others (Muslims and honor killing, for example), others for property crimes, and others tolerate a much lower level of personal responsibility.

In order to partake of the advantages of America, these subcultures will never be accepted until they commit to the standards established by society. Simply, and bluntly, put ... until I can feel welcome driving into a black community to shop, I will never drive into a black community to shop. Until I can drive into the barrio and actually read the signs on the stores, I will never drive into the barrio to shop.

You can say it ain't right, but you can't say it ain't so ....
I would hate it if everyone assimilated. i was in Korea for 2 years and I hated it. Not because I was racist but because it was one culture and most of them had the same values, food, etc. I live in 2 worlds. I live in the mainstream and I also live in my subculture. I dont seem to have a problem being successful with that method.

I frequently help out confused children that dont know the meaning of words. ...

And your classmates in the remedial English course wonder why the biggest dunce in the room is pretending to "help out" anyone.
You are the one that needed help with the word amalgam remember? Dont be upset. Its not a problem you didnt know what it was.

Same answer applies ... and now you're going to claim defending this country is the responsibility of the whites only? That blacks don't care?
Same answer applies ... this amalgam of cultures is the white culture, and the American culture, as well. And now you're going to claim defending this country is the responsibility of the whites only? That blacks don't care?
No the same answer doesnt apply. Each culture contributes to American culture. What has white culture brought to American culture? I cant think of anything off the top of my head thats positive.

3) In the spirit of living together, facing common challenges, seeking common goals, their cultures combined, drawing on the best of each.

5) In the spirit of living together, facing common challenges, seeking common goals, their cultures combine, drawing on the best of each.

6) In recent times, people seek to come to America who are not expected to assimilate themselves into the American culture. They want a culture all their own. In short, they aren't interested in being an American, but rather, a separate culture living within America, enjoying all the benefits while contributing nothing.

7) Others, who already live here, want to partake of all the advantages of our combined culture, but in order to try to maintain relevance and a separate identity, have created the "hyphen" answer - one foot in each camp, so to speak. They are not totally committed to the American culture, and not totally committed to the other culture. These people don't want the common challenges, or common goals, but rather, want to use American multiculturalism to protect them from the heavy lifting of furthering either culture. Instead, they use this 'hyphen' as a shield from responsibility from either culture.

8) In order to further their political power and, in an attempt to gain political relevance, some American leaders have embraced this concept of 'multiculturalism', using the excuse of 'allowing each to retain his personal identity' to drive wedges between elements of the American people.

9) By driving these wedges into the American society, they are able to create a victim class, and to foster a 'us vs. them' mentality. This allows them to have someone they can control, as well as someone they can blame. This separatism, fostered both in political circles, and in our communities, contributes to problems of tension and distrust.

10) Rather than a commitment to common values, common laws, and common goals, this spirit of 'multiculturalism', when combined with political manipulation, creates an expectation of special treatment, unique rules, and a lowered expectation for each sub-culture. The creation of a 'victim' demands the punishment of the conqueror, special treatment for those supposedly victimized, and an elite class whose purposes are best served by maintaining the victim class in order to facilitate their control. Wherever there is a conflict, there is a need for someone to manage that conflict. It is THAT power that mandates a permanent victimized class.
No thats not white culture. Thats copying someone elses culture and pretending you made it up. People dont have to assimilate to make this country great. What makes this country great is different opinions and perspectives. If everyone thought the same we would become stagnant. I can look at a problem and bring my experiences via culture/knowledge and propose a solution that someone of a different culture may not think of. That is how the world has currently progressed. For example our base 10 numbering system is the result of Indian culture with the help of the Babylonians defining the number 0 and the Muslims teaching it to Europeans.

I understand your point - " I can look at a problem and bring my experiences via culture/knowledge and propose a solution that someone of a different culture may not think of." That is the very thing I'm saying did make it great --- keep the best, discard the rest.

However, people MUST assimilate. They really don't have a choice ... if you don't assimilate to the culture, then you will be left behind. This is exactly the problem we have today. Any time that we have had a large influx of people, they have, by economics or convenience or necessity, walled themselves off. The Irish did it - the Jews did it - blacks did it - and, now, Hispanics are doing it. They do it because of common language, comfort, common goals. It is only when the Irish 'infiltrated' American culture that they, as a group, were able to take full advantage of what America offers. The same for Jews - the same for the Finnish or Norwegians (that's where I come from).

They came here, settled in the same general area, created their Little Finland society or Little Norwegian city, and encapsulated themselves inside the American culture. Eventually, the culture penetrated that capsule, or they reached out, and that is when they were accepted and were able to partake of the American dream.

Barrios and ghettos are created today exactly the same way - because of economics, and because of comfort. These conclaves cater to the need for commonality and cultural comfort, but they serve as barriers for those trying to get out, and those trying to get in.

Like it or not - the American culture drives this country. You can call it the white culture, if you like, but the reality is, that is where the growth, and the wealth, and the advancement exist. I think it's clear that we have subcultures that have a higher tolerance for actions against others (Muslims and honor killing, for example), others for property crimes, and others tolerate a much lower level of personal responsibility.

In order to partake of the advantages of America, these subcultures will never be accepted until they commit to the standards established by society. Simply, and bluntly, put ... until I can feel welcome driving into a black community to shop, I will never drive into a black community to shop. Until I can drive into the barrio and actually read the signs on the stores, I will never drive into the barrio to shop.

I would hate it if everyone assimilated. i was in Korea for 2 years and I hated it. Not because I was racist but because it was one culture and most of them had the same values, food, etc. I live in 2 worlds. I live in the mainstream and I also live in my subculture. I dont seem to have a problem being successful with that method.

Korea? I spent my year at Osan ... you were in Seoul? (I STILL can't stand the smell of kimchi!!!)

It is good that you can operate in two worlds - that makes you a model for all those in your subculture. Ya gotta go where the money is, I reckon ----

Korea? I spent my year at Osan ... you were in Seoul? (I STILL can't stand the smell of kimchi!!!)

It is good that you can operate in two worlds - that makes you a model for all those in your subculture. Ya gotta go where the money is, I reckon ----
I was stationed at Camp Casey but I played a lot of basketball so i got to travel alot. I hate the smell of kimchi to this day.

Thats exactly what I teach young black men. You can keep your culture but when you decide to become successful leave that culture at home when at work. We dont own the resources that provide jobs.

Spare-Change is accurately describing what has happened to America in last few years. Obama and his friends have encouraged it for their own political gain and it will destroy our once great country if people don't wake up and realize how we are being used

I was stationed at Camp Casey but I played a lot of basketball so i got to travel alot. I hate the smell of kimchi to this day.

Thats exactly what I teach young black men. You can keep your culture but when you decide to become successful leave that culture at home when at work. We dont own the resources that provide jobs.

When were you there? I was a sports official .... maybe I called one of your games.

When were you there? I was a sports official .... maybe I called one of your games.

Cant say on this forum. We played a couple of tournaments in Seoul, Osan and Okinawa.

Cant say on this forum. We played a couple of tournaments in Seoul, Osan and Okinawa.

No problem. I'm the guy that called it a 'charge' !!!

Forum List

Back