Why "Buy American"?

America makes a damn good car AND a damn good truck. Maybe you don't know that because YOU HAVEN'T BOUGHT ONE.

Er, yes I have. It's my wife that has the RAV 4. I have a 1500 Ram, which is generally very good though there is an annoying intermittent issue with the cruise control. No biggie though.

Do you always take such offense at views that disagree with yours? I'm delighted that you've had good experiences. Why would you be so hostile about people saying that they haven't?

Not always. I was just trying to match the passion in which you posted, only in the defense of American made vehicles.

Yes I drove a BMW Jill and liked it. I also kind of "flipped" a Jaguar XJS that had a V-12 in it. Both would have costed a MINT to fix, and dealers aren't exactly around the corner. No, I'll stick with my Cadillac CTS, which I LOVE, and big, lifted brute of a GMC 4X4. Both are OUTSTANDING vehicles in my opinion. Haven't had one single problem with either.

I've witnessed how some people treat their vehicles. "Get in, turn key, drive, if it runs, good, if not, get it fixed." NEVER do these people think about periodic maintenance, or preventative maintenance. They buy them new and then simply run them into the dirt. These cars are going day and night, every day of the week. I don't care WHAT you own, nothing is going to stand up to that kind of punishment without problems. They ALL break down sooner or later, some sooner depending on HOW YOU TREAT THEM.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back