why bush won the election

padisha emperor said:
I personly don't think that USA will attack France, not at all.

Some on this board think it wold be a good idea.

You can't deny that there is an awesome anti french feeling in the US.

But nevermind.

I saw Farenheit 9/11 yesterday.

I don't take all the movie as sacred speech, of course, there is some propazganda, but lot of things are quite disturbing.

Dear padisha, you are quite the fellow (are you a guy?) I read youre original posting and I would have to say that most americans probably agree that military action alone wont defeat terrorism. It will be defeated because it is an idea popular with a small group of people who have radical belifes. The terrorists insurgents in Iraq at the moment are simply trying to undermine to countrys ability to become democratic because they know that terrorism cannot survive in a democratic country. People (average common people) simply dont want guys with guns and bombs running around killing people no matter what the reason, and they certainly dont want people running around killing their own people. In the end, if Iraq becomes a truly democratic country terrorism will hopefuly die out in that country. People will reject it in favor of law and order much like they have done in the past. Terrorism will still continue however the terrorists will have a much more difficult time operating in Iraq if the country is a stable democracy and Iraqi's dont want terrorists in their country. Terrorism is effective only in countries that cannot or will not combat it, simply because their leaders lack the desire or ability to do so. In a democracy it is my hope and the hope of many people in America, the people decide what is in their best intersest. Hopefully once Iraq becomes democratic the people will decide that terrorism is not in their best intersts. We have to have faith that they will.

By the way dont construe the comments about france made by some of the people in these posts. There are people who are anti french and anti american and some are very radical in their hatred. Those people can only be ignored because they do have the right to their belifes however much you dislike those belifes. I read your profile to see if you were a European after I looked at your first post,mostly because of your atrocious spelling,(joking) and I noticed your age. I am glad that you are so optimistic about the situation with the insurgents because it shows me that you are optimistic in general. Thats a good quality to have at your age because I am 19 and hopelessly jaded especially when it comes to politics. This is something I can use against my dad since he thinks all Europeans are jaded. Ha. Anyway dont get to worked up about what people in america think about France or the French anyways. I guarantee you most americans dont care about the anti american crowd anyways. Hopefully in the future their can be better dialogue between our too nations. I certainly hope you dont come away thinking that americans are pigs or jerks. Many people in the United States of America (me included) think this country is great, that does not mean however that we think the U.S can or should do whatever it pleases, in other words we wont be invading France.

By the way I would seriously like to know what you found intriguing about farenheit 9/11

xandy123 said:
Dear padisha, you are quite the fellow (are you a guy?) I read youre original posting and I would have to say that most americans probably agree that military action alone wont defeat terrorism. It will be defeated because it is an idea popular with a small group of people who have radical belifes. The terrorists insurgents in Iraq at the moment are simply trying to undermine to countrys ability to become democratic because they know that terrorism cannot survive in a democratic country. People (average common people) simply dont want guys with guns and bombs running around killing people no matter what the reason, and they certainly dont want people running around killing their own people. In the end, if Iraq becomes a truly democratic country terrorism will hopefuly die out in that country. People will reject it in favor of law and order much like they have done in the past. Terrorism will still continue however the terrorists will have a much more difficult time operating in Iraq if the country is a stable democracy and Iraqi's dont want terrorists in their country. Terrorism is effective only in countries that cannot or will not combat it, simply because their leaders lack the desire or ability to do so. In a democracy it is my hope and the hope of many people in America, the people decide what is in their best intersest. Hopefully once Iraq becomes democratic the people will decide that terrorism is not in their best intersts. We have to have faith that they will.

By the way dont construe the comments about france made by some of the people in these posts. There are people who are anti french and anti american and some are very radical in their hatred. Those people can only be ignored because they do have the right to their belifes however much you dislike those belifes. I read your profile to see if you were a European after I looked at your first post,mostly because of your atrocious spelling,(joking) and I noticed your age. I am glad that you are so optimistic about the situation with the insurgents because it shows me that you are optimistic in general. Thats a good quality to have at your age because I am 19 and hopelessly jaded especially when it comes to politics. This is something I can use against my dad since he thinks all Europeans are jaded. Ha. Anyway dont get to worked up about what people in america think about France or the French anyways. I guarantee you most americans dont care about the anti american crowd anyways. Hopefully in the future their can be better dialogue between our too nations. I certainly hope you dont come away thinking that americans are pigs or jerks. Many people in the United States of America (me included) think this country is great, that does not mean however that we think the U.S can or should do whatever it pleases, in other words we wont be invading France.

By the way I would seriously like to know what you found intriguing about farenheit 9/11

After a very rough start, most of us have made peace with PE. He's a nice guy most of the time. :thup:

Said1 said:
After a very rough start, most of us have made peace with PE. He's a nice guy most of the time. :thup:

Well, more or less. :laugh:

Forum List

Back