Why Bush Bypassed the Geneva Convention

Dubbyuh bypassed the Geneva conventions because, despite his rhetoric, he cares not one whit for the rule of law. He considers himself and his cabal to be above the law.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Dubbyuh bypassed the Geneva conventions because, despite his rhetoric, he cares not one whit for the rule of law. He considers himself and his cabal to be above the law.

This is coming from a guy who wanted Al Gores illegal hijack attempt of the Florida election to be the valid results.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
This is coming from a guy who wanted Al Gores illegal hijack attempt of the Florida election to be the valid results.

I think you need to check your facts...It was Dubbyuh that hijacked the election.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
I think you need to check your facts...It was Dubbyuh that hijacked the election.

Bully this has been hashed out dozens of times. The fact is Demos had lawyers on the ground filing petitions the minute the polls closed and there were dozens of official and independent recounts and Bush won every single one of them. Is it his fault that people in Florida aren't smart enough to punch a chad? The actual truth of the matter is Gore tried to steal an election and singlehandedly dragged the country through the mud like his former boss. Find me proof that it didn't happen this way.

Originally posted by NewGuy
For what its worth, that may have the opposite effect of what you intend and here is why:

Anyone with a spiritual belief of any kind would believ you cannot seperate it from the interworkings of politics or any other area of life because a religious belief is at the heart of all of our actions. It shapes our world view. It creates our association with how we interact with others. It filters our eyes to what we see, and our mouths to how we speak.

Bush, Clinton, Hitler, Stalin.......You cannot seperate a persons views regarding religion from their behavior nor can you seperate it from their discussions.

You also face the freedom of speech issue.

My reccommendation is that you restrict threads to topic and actively moderate it that way because anything else would get kinda hairy. It requires effort, but that is the only way to achieve what you are looking for I think.

-And I am not exactly for the idea, but I am merely trying to help. :)

I would agree, and I don't think Sir Evil is suggesting that. I think that there are many interpretations of religion that people do not agree with, even amongst similar denominations. As such, a forum like that I think is an excellent idea.

Let me make this clear, I do not, by any respects, will you to necessarily dissociate your beliefs with your politics while posting. I am here on this board to try to understand others. I do not agree with you in some, perhaps many, cases. Nonetheless, I always wish you speak your view. That is democracy and that is what I believe this forum is for.

Forum List

Back