CDZ Why bother to bring it up?

Is there really a good reason to let this information out?

Possibly.. As a PSA for all inhabitants of 90210 ?? After all, apparently, it's a hazard of living in that area. Maybe amplified by working in "a particular industry".. Fathers don't let your sons grow up to be actors? Maybe the same for Moms??

In this case, the "disease" might have been hereditary to some extent..

Anthropologists found coca and tobacco in the mummified remains of the pharaohs of Egypt.

:eusa_shhh:

The Egyptologists don't like folks to know that though, b/c it must mean that there was a trade route to south America long before the Europeans ever went there.

Also, it means coke is a thing of luxury not necessarily just a crutch. It has always been used by humanity.

Possibly.. As a PSA for all inhabitants of 90210 ?? After all, apparently, it's a hazard of living in that area. Maybe amplified by working in "a particular industry".. Fathers don't let your sons grow up to be actors? Maybe the same for Moms??

What does that have to do with addiction? And, "hereditary"? Are you saying her mother was an addict? Her father?

You cannot possibly think that the epidemic of addiction is because of or limited to Hollywood.

The "why bother" is obvious. A lot of people care, both about her and about what drugs are doing to the US as well as the world.

What does that have to do with addiction? And, "hereditary"? Are you saying her mother was an addict? Her father?

You cannot possibly think that the epidemic of addiction is because of or limited to Hollywood.

The "why bother" is obvious. A lot of people care, both about her and about what drugs are doing to the US as well as the world.

The HAZARD is being raised in Hollywood. Born of 2 of America's most famous stars. I THOUGHT you'd get that.

It's a life style issue.. Same results when it happens elsewhere, but in that Zip Code, there seems to be a special kind of "normal" and unlimited funding and access to high society that promotes unhealthy judgments in life..

The HAZARD is being raised in Hollywood. Born of 2 of America's most famous stars. I THOUGHT you'd get that.

It's a life style issue.. Same results when it happens elsewhere, but in that Zip Code, there seems to be a special kind of "normal" and unlimited funding and access to high society that promotes unhealthy judgments in life..

Put in those terms, yes, I do see what you meant and I agree. BUT, you could say almost the same thing about very poor areas in the south where darn near everyone is an addict.

The zip code, the life style, the lack of income, lack of hope and more all promote unhealthy judgements and it has become "normal".

BTW, watching MSNBC special report, says epicenter of opiod drug addiction is Ohio. Amazingly, its possible for a drug to cause death just by touching it.

In any event, I don't want to derail this thread so that's it for me.

Coroner: Cocaine among drugs found in Carrie Fisher's system

Cocaine in her system?
From 3 days before?

Ecstasy? Heroin?
No idea when it was ingested?

The woman is DEAD,

she had problems, with life, with family,

and yes, with DRUGS.

When Star Wars came out, I was an adult, but Princess Leia was my hero anyway. Put my hair in french braids for years. I'm sorry they've released this. She was open about her addiction and she fought it for years. Hard row to hoe; RIP Princess.

Coroner: Cocaine among drugs found in Carrie Fisher's system

Cocaine in her system?
From 3 days before?

Ecstasy? Heroin?
No idea when it was ingested?

The woman is DEAD,

she had problems, with life, with family,

and yes, with DRUGS.

Most pertinently Carrie Fisher was pretty open about her problems. I see no reason to think she would suddenly change her wishes.

Second, this country is too politically correct. We need more debate and CIVIL disagreement. I will take every chance I get to "show the kids" the results of different paths.

Forum List

Back