Why Black Voters Should Hate The Democrat Party

I don't drink and I am not your "buddy". I wanna barf at the thought. You make things up and are completely out of touch.

Please explain how I am making up the fact that Blacks vote for Democrats overwhelmingly. Your alleged moral superiority is making it hard for me not to heave.

You are playing games. I was responding to the comment you made above. Highlighted in pink. No, that didn't happen. You're just making it up. Like I said in the response that you tried to pretend was for a different post. :frown:

Democrats have not pursued the black community's votes, promising and enacting programs primarily directed at "inner city" populations? These programs have demonstrably weakened the Black community economically and socially?
Is there something there that is untrue? Do you have something to refute it? Do Democrats not count on Black votes? Does the Democratic Black Caucus not consist primarily, maybe exclusively of Democrats? Was JC Watts not excluded from this caucus because he was a Republican?
You keep saying no no but the facts say yes yes.

Please explain how I am making up the fact that Blacks vote for Democrats overwhelmingly. Your alleged moral superiority is making it hard for me not to heave.

You are playing games. I was responding to the comment you made above. Highlighted in pink. No, that didn't happen. You're just making it up. Like I said in the response that you tried to pretend was for a different post. :frown:

Democrats have not pursued the black community's votes, promising and enacting programs primarily directed at "inner city" populations? These programs have demonstrably weakened the Black community economically and socially?
Is there something there that is untrue? Do you have something to refute it? Do Democrats not count on Black votes? Does the Democratic Black Caucus not consist primarily, maybe exclusively of Democrats? Was JC Watts not excluded from this caucus because he was a Republican?
The Democrat party has claimed to be the 'one' that made civil rights possible. They lied. However, the GOP never claimed loudly that without them, the legislation would not have passed. They'd lost so many by going against Jim Crow, they didn't want to lose more. Shame on them.

It is what it is. Problem for Dems, blacks aren't as ignorant as assumed by said party. There will come a time, sooner than later.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
You would think after some time someone in the organized Black community would wake up and say, ya know. We've been trying this same thing for 30 years and we're worse off now than before. Time to change plans.
But it hasn't happened yet. Maybe some day.

If a Republican issued these words, instead of Democrat Harry Reid there would be hell:

as a "light-skinned" African-American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."

Many Democrats opposed the abolition of slavery, and not just the one's in the South either:
The Copperheads were a vocal group of Democrats in the Northern United States (see also Union (American Civil War)) who opposed the American Civil War, wanting an immediate peace settlement with the Confederates. Republicans started calling antiwar Democrats "copperheads", likening them to the poisonous snake. The Peace Democrats accepted the label, but for them the copper "head" was the likeness of Liberty, which they cut from copper pennies proudly wore as badges. [1]

The Copperheads had numerous important newspapers, but the editors never formed an alliance. In Chicago, Wilbur F. Storey made the Chicago Times into Lincoln's most vituperative enemy. The New York Journal of Commerce, originally abolitionist, was sold to owners who became Copperheads, giving them an important voice in the largest city. A typical editor was Edward G. Roddy, owner of the Uniontown, Pennsylvania Genius of Liberty. He was an intensely partisan Democrat who saw black people as an inferior race and Abraham Lincoln as a despot and dunce. Although he supported the war effort in 1861, he blamed abolitionists for prolonging the war and denounced the government as increasingly despotic. By 1864 he was calling for peace at any price.

Hell, look at the overwhelming percentage of Democrats compared to Republicans who opposed the Civil Rights Act:
The original House version:

* Southern Democrats: 7-87 (7%-93%)
* Southern Republicans: 0-10 (0%-100%)

* Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%-6%)
* Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%-15%)

The Senate version:

* Southern Democrats: 1-20 (5%-95%) (only Senator Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
* Southern Republicans: 0-1 (0%-100%) (this was Senator John Tower of Texas)
* Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%-2%) (only Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia opposed the measure)
* Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%-16%) (Senators Barry Goldwater of Arizona, Bourke Hickenlooper of Iowa, Edwin L. Mechem of New Mexico, Milward L. Simpson of Wyoming, and Norris H. Cotton of New Hampshire opposed the measure)

Responding to allegations that Martin Luther King, Jr. was a communist, the Kennedy administration agreed to let the Federal Bureau of Investigation wiretap private individuals, including Martin Luther King, Jr. This continued under Democrat Lyndon Johnson by the way.

Some day, when everyone has an opportunity to read and learn history, and realize today who the Democrats are, they will agree that Democrats are the Party of racism against blacks, bar none.

Always have been, always will be...........

Maybe you don't know that our two major parties positions on issues aren't set in stone. Just because Lincoln freed the slaves, does not mean the GOP today are not the racist party. Check out the Southern Strategy. The GOP used racism to win over the southern states. Times have changed.

Always have been and always will be? That's an ignorant statement, seeing as how politicians flip flop on issues as much as they do. Just look how the GOP were the party that didn't nation build and all of the sudden, they were nation building.

In fact, Lincoln didn't free the slaves because it was the moral thing to do, and he certainly didn't invision that black people would live among whites. They even debated what to do if slavery was abolished. They considered deporting the blacks. He abolished slavery because labor up north could not compete with slave labor, just like we can't compete with illegals today.

A long time ago, the deep racist south wasn't all Republican. The southern strategy won over the south/racist voters.

In other words, times have changed. Wiki the Great Mississippi Flood. It was a major event like Katrina in the 1920's and the way Hoover/the GOP dealt with black people back then was a major turning point when black voters started supporting the Democratic party.

Sharpton said it best. Republicans act like black people have Democrat in their DNA. They act like black people blindly vote Democratic. They don't. They take a good hard look at both parties and they vote for the party that is best for them.

To suggest otherwise is to suggest that black voters are ignorant. They aren't. And they aren't buying your bullshit.

Anyone who isn't a multi millionaire should vote Democratic. The GOP only work for the rich. But thats not set in stone either. If you stupid middle class Republicans would stop voting for the GOP a couple of elections, they would change and start working for you, not just the rich.

The Democrat party has claimed to be the 'one' that made civil rights possible. They lied. However, the GOP never claimed loudly that without them, the legislation would not have passed. They'd lost so many by going against Jim Crow, they didn't want to lose more. Shame on them.

It is what it is. Problem for Dems, blacks aren't as ignorant as assumed by said party. There will come a time, sooner than later.

If the GOP start producing good results, then I too will start supporting them.

But after 8 years of Bush and 6 years of the GOP controlling both houses, the GOP did jack shit for any of us. Savings went down, home values plummitted, gas prices and healthcare costs skyrocketed, doubled the debt.

But the GOP won't change. They'll just wait for the Dems to screw up and the same corrupt GOP'ers will replace them and NOTHING will change.

We did great under Clinton.

And Obama so far is doing a lot of good. Its not easy fixing all the shit the GOP broke the last 8 years.

I'm ok with a GOP house or Senate or President. Just not all 3 at the same time. That's how they really fucked us.

But after 8 years of Bush and 6 years of the GOP controlling both houses, the GOP did jack shit for any of us. Savings went down, home values plummitted, gas prices and healthcare costs skyrocketed, doubled the debt.

But the GOP won't change. They'll just wait for the Dems to screw up and the same corrupt GOP'ers will replace them and NOTHING will change.

And Obama so far is doing a lot of good. Its not easy fixing all the shit the GOP broke the last 8 years.

I'm ok with a GOP house or Senate or President. Just not all 3 at the same time. That's how they really fucked us.
Right. Change topic.

Right. Change topic.

it's called having a conversation.

Democrats have not pursued the black community's votes, promising and enacting programs primarily directed at "inner city" populations? These programs have demonstrably weakened the Black community economically and socially?Is there something there that is untrue? Do you have something to refute it? Do Democrats not count on Black votes? Does the Democratic Black Caucus not consist primarily, maybe exclusively of Democrats? Was JC Watts not excluded from this caucus because he was a Republican?

Where is your reference?? What are you basing these comments on??? Like I said, I think you just make things up.

You're joking, right? If not you are the most pathetically uninformed moron on this board. And that's an accomplishment.

You're joking, right? If not you are the most pathetically uninformed moron on this board. And that's an accomplishment.

I assume that you do not feel that blacks are all stupid and lazy and shiftless.

If that IS the case, can you PLEASE explain to me why 90% of them vote for a party that pursues policies that "demonstrably weaken the Black community economically and socially?"

Could it POSSIBLY be that your OPINION as to the motives of the democratic party is not shared by the overwhelming majority of black americans?

Or is my initial assumption incorrect?

I assume that you do not feel that blacks are all stupid and lazy and shiftless.

If that IS the case, can you PLEASE explain to me why 90% of them vote for a party that pursues policies that "demonstrably weaken the Black community economically and socially?"

Could it POSSIBLY be that your OPINION as to the motives of the democratic party is not shared by the overwhelming majority of black americans?

Or is my initial assumption incorrect?

I am asking that very question and getting no response, other than attacks.
It is not only possible, it is likely that the overwhelming majority of Black Americans do not understand that policies foisted on them by Democrats are having a deleterious effect on their economic and social well being. That is not surprising, any more than it is not surprising that the obese man cannot understand that his diet his killing him. It all looks so good. It all tastes so good. How can it possibly be bad for him? But it is.

Forum List

Back