Why Barack Obama Will Lose (Badly) in November

And it just keeps getting better for Romney.

I'm just jumping with glee, and it's really hard to wait until November. Riling up the already suicidal libroids over their boi king messiah's defeat is going to be SWEET.

Im optimistic too, but we shouldn't count our chickens before they hatch. We need to get the ground game to work.

"My oh my...........I so want to join this 007 fella in his glee.....but I know better. I know Mitt is in deep shit.......but I could NEVER say that. No....no.....no.....no. Instead, I will offer a calm voice......suggesting that we don"t get too confident and make sure we work the ground game right up to election night"

Ha ha ha.........ha ha.

kevin-bacon-all-is-well-remain-calm-300x273.jpg

I thought it was going to be tight.

But it looks as if Obama going to do much better against Romney then he did against McCain. Remember McCain? He beat Romney too.

Dream on.

Just out of curiosity, why do you guys think it's going to be so easy for Obama? Last time I checked his record sucks and it amazes me that you somehow think he's a great leader.
He's been a good President. Not a Great President.

The record speaks for itself.

The reason it is going to be so easy for the President is because of both his record as well as the incredibly weak opponent that the Republicans nominated.

I will say this though, the Electoral College is the only reason that the Democrats are able to win Presidential elections. If it were a straight popular vote; there would be no President Obama.

? He won the popular vote in 2008.

Pretty handily at that.

Dream on.

Just out of curiosity, why do you guys think it's going to be so easy for Obama? Last time I checked his record sucks and it amazes me that you somehow think he's a great leader.

The reason it is going to be so easy for the President is because of both his record as well as the incredibly weak opponent that the Republicans nominated.

I will say this though, the Electoral College is the only reason that the Democrats are able to win Presidential elections. If it were a straight popular vote; there would be no President Obama.

Actually given the scope of the financial calamity..he's been a great President.

It's just not something that going to be understood by most people for a good amount of time.

SEE: Clinton.

:eusa_whistle:

Yes and you honestly feel--be honest--that the #1 priority was Healthcare given that financial turd left by Bush?

I liked the health care act too but it wasn't the #1 problem facing the nation.

Now that being said, I think the President looked at it this way: Financial reform can be done by reasoning with people--best idea wins. Healthcare takes a leap of faith and he had the votes for it. I can see where he looked at the landscape and decided to go with healthcare first as a problem solver. But he should have looked at the #1 problem and went with the economy and got something done there.

Exactly what? Well, thats what he, the Fed, the Secretary of the Treasury, Budget Director and Secretary of Commerce get paid for.

Actually given the scope of the financial calamity..he's been a great President.

It's just not something that going to be understood by most people for a good amount of time.

Yes and you honestly feel--be honest--that the #1 priority was Healthcare given that financial turd left by Bush?

Now that being said, I think the President looked at it this way: Financial reform can be done by reasoning with people--best idea wins. Healthcare takes a leap of faith and he had the votes for it. I can see where he looked at the landscape and decided to go with healthcare first as a problem solver. But he should have looked at the #1 problem and went with the economy and got something done there.

Exactly what? Well, thats what he, the Fed, the Secretary of the Treasury, Budget Director and Secretary of Commerce get paid for.

I thought that was a mistake as well. I think he knew he had to ramp it while he had a democrat congress. In credit to him, he could have let it drop and then waited until he lost the congress in two years before making an attempt.

Who's on Fantasy Island?

If you think this isn't the real BO, wait till he doesn't have voters to answer to:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3SFXQfE4kk]Obama Kicks Door Open - YouTube[/ame]

Who's on Fantasy Island?

If you think this isn't the real BO, wait till he doesn't have voters to answer to:

Obama Kicks Door Open - YouTube

You think that is real?

Holy shit, you are gullible.

P.S.: The Tonight Show created that clip. Hence the laugh track.

Imagine..... If stuff like this is why you hate Obama.... How much of your mindset is based on total bullshit? I'll bet you are a talk radio listener too, huh?

Last edited:
Dream on.

Pretty handily at that.

Yeah but you have to understand that a great many people do not vote because they know their state is Red or Blue or what have you. Turnout would be higher without the winner-take-all electoral college.

A lot of California Republicans stay home because they know they'll never win. A lot of Texas Democrats stay home because they know they'll never win. I think the republicans in blue states would out vote the democrats in red states.

Nine million was his swing last time. I think there are more than 9 million non-voters who would show up to vote for McCain. Romney? I'm not so sure.

Pretty handily at that.

Yeah but you have to understand that a great many people do not vote because they know their state is Red or Blue or what have you. Turnout would be higher without the winner-take-all electoral college.

A lot of California Republicans stay home because they know they'll never win. A lot of Texas Democrats stay home because they know they'll never win. I think the republicans in blue states would out vote the democrats in red states.

Nine million was his swing last time. I think there are more than 9 million non-voters who would show up to vote for McCain. Romney? I'm not so sure.

Oh, okay. That is a more nuanced position.

Thanks for expanding.

Pretty handily at that.

i think your prediction is backwards. It's probably trite to point out at this point that higher turnout tends to be better for Democrats, but the reality is that if election day results looked more like the preference of the total universe of registered voters instead of, as they do now, reflecting some subset of that universe--"likely voters"--that results from some registered voters staying home, it would very, very difficult for a Republican to get elected.

The total potential electorate tends to be more Democratic than the real electorate that shows up at the polls, which is why likely voter screens generally shift polling results in the direction of Republican candidates.

And it just keeps getting better for Romney.

I'm just jumping with glee, and it's really hard to wait until November. Riling up the already suicidal libroids over their boi king messiah's defeat is going to be SWEET.

Im optimistic too, but we shouldn't count our chickens before they hatch. We need to get the ground game to work.

"My oh my...........I so want to join this 007 fella in his glee.....but I know better. I know Mitt is in deep shit.......but I could NEVER say that. No....no.....no.....no. Instead, I will offer a calm voice......suggesting that we don"t get too confident and make sure we work the ground game right up to election night"

Ha ha ha.........ha ha.

No. Actually, I know Mitt's going to win easily. Im just encouraging us to not be cocky about it so we don't become our own worst enemy.

I thought it was going to be tight.

But it looks as if Obama going to do much better against Romney then he did against McCain. Remember McCain? He beat Romney too.

Dream on.

Check again. This time, do so objectively.

That's why we think his record sucks. We did look at it objectively. We dont have our heads up his rear end.:)

Dream on.

Check again. This time, do so objectively.

That's why we think his record sucks. We did look at it objectively. We dont have our heads up his rear end.:)

Nope. You are not intelligent enough to be objective. It isn't your fault.

Pretty handily at that.

i think your prediction is backwards. It's probably trite to point out at this point that higher turnout tends to be better for Democrats, but the reality is that if election day results looked more like the preference of the total universe of registered voters instead of, as they do now, reflecting some subset of that universe--"likely voters"--that results from some registered voters staying home, it would very, very difficult for a Republican to get elected.

The total potential electorate tends to be more Democratic than the real electorate that shows up at the polls, which is why likely voter screens generally shift polling results in the direction of Republican candidates.

It is an interesting question however, lets look at 08 California:

According to Wikipedia, Obama won by 3.2 million votes.

8.2 to 5.0 M.

13 million voted out of a state that has 37 million. So that is 24 million that didn't vote or so.

If you subscribe to the theory that Dems are more energized since they know it will be a blue state when said and done; you would have to subscribe to the reciprocal theory that of that 24 million, the plurality of non-voters would be republican.

This door swings both ways but the larger population states are blue so the theory holds that you'll see more GOP voters coming out of the woodwork than others.

In my opinion- This will not be a blow-out election. This is going to be a very close election. I still believe that Romney will win, but it will not be easy. I think the momentum will start to swing in his favor in the coming weeks. Especially after the debates

Romney should get a nice bump from the debates. Why? Here are 2 good reasons.
Firstly, Obama's actual record is so weak on foreign policy, the economy, and leadership that all Mitt really needs to do is not screw up too badly and keep the focus on Obama actual record.
Secondly, expectations for Romney are so low that he should have no problem meeting or exceeding them- the media palace guards have done such a great job besmirching Romney that it will not backfire on them.

Obama, by contrast, is hailed by his slobbering sycophants as the second coming of Daniel Webster!! A master debater! A gifted, luscious orator that melts audiences with the sheer power and magic of his words!!! The bar has been set very high for Obama and he's going to be asked some hard questions....unfortunately for him his teleprompter won't be there to help him. ......:popcorn:

40 days......:clap2:

What a difference a month and 47% make, huh? Throw a stupid remark about Libya in there and sprinkle a little talking chair and you have a recipe for DISASTER...

Long term? Yeah it was. Still is. The ACA is essentially a stop gap measure that's going to need work. But at least it is a starting point. Secondly..yeah..the financial calamity was really..really..really bad. Lehman brothers was basically a demonstration of how really fucked up the whole industry was. It took a great deal of money and effort to re-capitalize the markets. People don't seem to remember that it was between 6 and 7K when Obama entered office. There was a huge fire sale going on..meaning the whole thing was in freefall. Had nothing been done the failure and the cascading effects of it to other industries would have seen massive losses and huge unemployment. The Depression would have been seen as mild by comparison.

One other thing about Household Income going down is if Obama is re-elected absolutely nothing will be done about the greatest tax increase the world has ever seen will take its first bite out of the Middle Class Obama promised he would "save" from higher taxes.

What a crock. I think it amounts to something around a 10% hike to everyone.

What a thing to postpone it until after the election is over and safely into the New Year.

Heating bills are higher, automobile gasoline is higher, food is already 10% higher, and now, taxes will match the other hikes Obama has inserted, not to mention he has been spending us into oblivion.

How are people going to pay all that extra money for Health care when insurance was cheaper than 10% of their paycheck? How are they going to support their children with no money in their pockets?

The National debt clock tonight says we are $16,060,629,000,000.00 (Sixteen trillion, sixty billion, 629 million+) Obama is overseeing a government that overspends by three billion dollars a day.

It's just crazy.

We have to elect someone who will cut costs, see to it a budget is agreed to and passed, and a Congress to help out that is willing to do what needs to be done in order to have a sustainable government.

There is an unsustainable government or two in the world. Somalia and Greece come to mind, but there are others. Countries you wouldn't believe are in big trouble because they will not tighten the belt.

Elect Mitt Romney. He will be the man to fix it.

Forum List

Back