Why Arlen Spector is holding up Eric Holder

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
I just heard that back when Ashcroft was in the hospital, Bush sent Alberto Gonzales to him to get him to sign on to the warrentless wiretapping. Of course Ashcroft refused because it was illegal, so instead Bush signed it.

Well that was illegal.

But the statute of limitations ends in March. So Spector is stalling, hoping that he can delay any investigation into the matter.

Bush did a lot of illegal stuff. A lot of it he is going to get away with.

But that doesn't mean he didn't break the law over and over again.

Bush shouldn't have only been impeached, he should have gotten the same treatment Saddam got.

I just heard that back when Ashcroft was in the hospital, Bush sent Alberto Gonzales to him to get him to sign on to the warrentless wiretapping. Of course Ashcroft refused because it was illegal, so instead Bush signed it.

Well that was illegal.

But the statute of limitations ends in March. So Spector is stalling, hoping that he can delay any investigation into the matter.

Bush shouldn't have only been impeached, he should have gotten the same treatment Saddam got.

How long are you gonna whine about this shit, bobo ? Write Obama or are you afraid he will ignore your request too ?

Well that was illegal.

Arlen Spector is a good man and a good Senator. This is not the reason he is holding up Holder.

If Obama wanted the Justice Department to initiate an investigation into the warrantless wiretapping program, which he probably doesn't, he could do so regardless of Holder's confirmation. I don't see how the statute of limitations (and I am not sure whether you are talking civil or criminal here or who the party that is supposed to benefit from this would be) would have any bearing on this.

Arlen Spector is a good man and a good Senator. This is not the reason he is holding up Holder.

If Obama wanted the Justice Department to initiate an investigation into the warrantless wiretapping program, which he probably doesn't, he could do so regardless of Holder's confirmation. I don't see how the statute of limitations (and I am not sure whether you are talking civil or criminal here or who the party that is supposed to benefit from this would be) would have any bearing on this.

After March, Bush can't be tried for what he did because the time limit is up.

PS. This is why I put this in conspiracy theories. Just a thought.

So why did Spector postpone Holders appointment for a week? We know Holder will get the job. What is Spector trying to do?

Didn't Obama say it is time to stop playing the childish games?

After March, Bush can't be tried for what he did because the time limit is up.

PS. This is why I put this in conspiracy theories. Just a thought.

So why did Spector postpone Holders appointment for a week? We know Holder will get the job. What is Spector trying to do?

Didn't Obama say it is time to stop playing the childish games?

Fair enough. It is in the conspiracy section.

My guess is that Spector is flexing the muscle of the party out of power in practicing legislative oversight. Neither Holder nor Clinton were ever in serious danger of not getting confirmed in this Congress, but the Republicans want to demonstrate that they are not asleep at the wheel just because they are in the minority.

a good man? thats like saying Hitler was a good man.Arlen specter is a corrupt evil bastard just as Bush is.That bastard concocted worst like in the century of mankind-the lone gunman theory that oswald was the lone assassin that killed kennedy.At that time it was the most disgusting lie ever shoved down the american peoples throats.May Arlern Spector rot in hell for that propaganda that the government still propagates today.

Forum List

Back