Why Arizona law makes you unsafe

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
He did the right thing; now he faces deportation - Immigration: A Nation Divided- msnbc.com

Moreno, 29, of Charlotte made the call Dec. 29 because, he alleged, a Charlotte police officer was trying to fondle his girlfriend after a traffic stop. The officer ordered Moreno to drop the call and arrested him and his girlfriend for resisting arrest.

Several things then happened. Five other women came forward to allege that the officer, identified as Marcus Jackson, now 26, had tried to molest them, too. Moreno was released after investigators debunked the resisting arrest charge. So was his girlfriend.

When you make a class of people in your country affraid of the police you create a class of people for whom reporting a crime becomes a threat.

You increase the dangers for police officers and give officers like this asshole a whole class of people to abuse with very little fear of retribution.

It creates an atmosphere of free crime zones.

This is one of the many reasons the right wings knee jerk reaction of "just round them all up" wont work.

There is also the UNDOABLE cost of such a program would come with.

Last edited:
He did the right thing; now he faces deportation - Immigration: A Nation Divided- msnbc.com

Moreno, 29, of Charlotte made the call Dec. 29 because, he alleged, a Charlotte police officer was trying to fondle his girlfriend after a traffic stop. The officer ordered Moreno to drop the call and arrested him and his girlfriend for resisting arrest.

Several things then happened. Five other women came forward to allege that the officer, identified as Marcus Jackson, now 26, had tried to molest them, too. Moreno was released after investigators debunked the resisting arrest charge. So was his girlfriend.

When you make a class of people in your country affraid of the police you create a class of people for whom reporting a crime becomes a threat.

You increase the dangers for police officers and give officers like this asshole a whole class of people to abuse with very little fear of retribution.

This is one of the many reasons the right wings knee jerk reaction of "just round them all up" wont work.

Two things about your post TM:

1 - He didnt' do the right thing to begin with, he is an illegal alien! If he was in a legal immigration status and this had happend then nothing would have occured other than the cop being fired.

2 - The cop is a bad cop! A bad cop always feels that he is going to get away with whatever he is mixed up in.

There is nothing about this story that relates to the Arizona Immigration law. Good try though!

Wahh wahh wahh

To legally allow my mother to immigrate here from Brasil my Dad had to post a bond with the US State department, and last year aunt came to visit from Italy and she left the day her visa was up.

Follow the fucking law

Two things about your post TM:

1 - He didnt' do the right thing to begin with, he is an illegal alien! If he was in a legal immigration status and this had happend then nothing would have occured other than the cop being fired.

2 - The cop is a bad cop! A bad cop always feels that he is going to get away with whatever he is mixed up in.

There is nothing about this story that relates to the Arizona Immigration law. Good try though!

Also, with this;

Moreno’s attorney, Rob Heroy, said he was confident Moreno would eventually be granted a so-called U visa, which allows illegal immigrants who are victims or witnesses in criminal investigations to stay in the country for up to four years. But only 10,000 such visas are available in any year, and while that process works its way through the system, Moreno remains in limbo

Is a great incentive to not stay close lipped on crimes against the illegals...

• Banned
Did you note the limit on the numbers who can stay to go to court?

This is a big part of the problem.

We give these peopel no real legal way to get here in the numbers our businesses want to employ them.

Comprehensive immigration reform should adress this as well as allow the ones already here and acting like good people to get in line to become citizens.

You can pretend that they can all be rounded up and sent home without tearing up families of American citzens as well as costing trillions to do.

AZ doesn't make us unsafe.

A Federal government with no respect for the law does make us unsafe.

We give these peopel no real legal way to get here in the numbers our businesses want to employ them.

Comprehensive immigration reform should adress this as well as allow the ones already here and acting like good people to get in line to become citizens.

You can pretend that they can all be rounded up and sent home without tearing up families of American citzens as well as costing trillions to do.

You have managed to point out another problem. US companies that want to hire illegal, uneducated, unskilled and cheap labor. Once the Mexican resident becomes a legal immigrant in this country he will no longer be in the "cheap" labor catagory. He will rate benefits and minimum wage. The employer only wants illegal aliens to save money. The employer as well as the illegal alien should both be put in jail!

Quit with the political bs of, "comprehensive immigration reform". Yes, maybe there are some changes that could be made in order to help immigrants get processed more effeciently, but the amnesty is not an option. Its an option if you are a political party after votes, but it is not an option if you are a law abiding citizen.

The notion that we could hurd all of the illegal aliens together and ship them off is a fairy tale. But as you catch them, they should be processed and deported. Its the law. If a naturalized American citizen came here through the proper legal channels, why would he/she recommend to his family members to come over illegally. Doesn't sound very smart, considereing harboring and abetting an illegal alien can get your citizenship revoked. So, if you are legal and you break the law and your family gets split up, then I guess you should have followed the law to begin with. That's like a man convicted of murder and sent to prison complaining that he has been split up from his family. :cuckoo:

TM, thanks for playing. Would you like to take bogus arguments for $500?:lol:

The only "class of people" SB 1070 makes afraid of police officers are CRIMINALS, and I think THEY are SUPPOSED to be afraid of cops. I'm pretty sure I'M not interested in laws that make them LESS afraid.

Dimwit.

Try selling that bull shit to the people of Arizona, who are living with the cost of illegal immigration and the lives taken by illegal aliens crime. Crime committed by anchor babies have been over looked. Our children are victims of some of those crime.

Oh, horrors! We give these people no way to continue flouting our laws/be rewarded for flouting our laws! How evil of us!

Who was pretending we could do it cheaply? I was pretending I don't care. Oh, wait. I wasn't pretending at all.

You are stupid as hell.

Tell me how much it would cost and how the fuck we are going to pay for it?

How about we freeze federal spending and repeal ObamaCare?

Those two things would save $Ts.

You are stupid as hell.

I would think that all the money we save by not having to teach the kids of illegals in our public schools and ending the free emergency room care for illegals would more than cover the costs

You are stupid as hell.

I've yet to see you (or any liberal) come up with a solution to illegal immigration. If Arizona's law is so bad, why can't anyone from your side of the aisle come up with a viable solution.

Notice, I said viable. That does not include amnesty. Amnesty is not a solution, it is going to do nothing to solve the problem.

Arizona is working to solve their problem, and if the federal authorities would get a clue and enforce the laws already on the books it would go a long way to solving the illegal immigration problem.

You can't tell me that if we as a country were enforcing our immigration laws that illegal immigration wouldn't slow down. Sounds like a solution to me.

Rick

Kudos for him, but maybe he should have immigrated legally, first, before. Think? Not sure how this proves a damned thing. An illegal alien exposes a dirty cop. In North Carolina, to boot. What does that have to do with Arizona laws? Wow, I live almost a thousand miles from the Mexican border, not in Arizona. Those “immigrants” violate my human and civil rights all the time, and it doesn’t mean a damned thing, they seem to be held to a different standard. Why is that?

once again....Truthhasnobearingonwhatiamsaying.....gets her FAR-Leftist ass handed to her....you would think Rdean would have kicked her out of his club by now....or at least tell her to shut up.....:lol:....she gives guys like Dean a bad name....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back