Why aren't there multiple threads on the Patriot Act?

The potential for our loss of liberty in the PA was blunted on the front line when Librarians all over America stood arm in arm and defied Bush&Co in their effort to imprison Americans who read seditious materials or watched videos with anti-Republican messages. The BusyCheney effort to establish a ministry of truth failed; we have Librarians to thank.
r
That is the biggest fucking lie I have ever heard. Most of the violations came in the form of weeding out terrorist not the stuff you just mentioned. Perhaps you can find some examples of people being imprisoned for watching anti-Bush stuff. Do you have any?

Is a "biggest fucking lie" bigger than a fucking lie? Well, I digress. I know from your posts you're not very bright, but please, don't add more proof to the perception that conservatives are up tight self righteous anal retentives. The post was a wry remark, meant to inject a little levity into the up tight, self righteous shit filled post of the OP.

I find it interesting that those who origionally supported the PA are now blaming the other side for it.
I was always against the PA.
Still am.

I still support the USA PATRIOT Act as amended and as originally passed.

I find it rather interesting that so many liberal Democratics in Congress still manage to support it despite the flamingly intolerant rhetoric of liberoidal kooks (like the uber libs on this site) and even some non-libs.

It almost serves to support a belief that, just maybe, these Congresscritters have been made privy to the information about what intel has been gleaned by resorting to the Patriot Act.

I get the fact that lots of people, honest thinking libs and honest thinking conservatives and libertarians included, have serious reservations about the Patriot Act. And their concerns do warrant that it be used in a way that entails oversight. But, a court ordered wiretap can be abused too. So the fact that there are risks associated with the tools we grant to government simply doesn't satisfy as a basis to deny them such tools.

Why did it pass, again, and by such large numbers, given the political party composition of the Congress?

It almost serves to support a belief that, just maybe, these Congresscritters have been made privy to the information about what intel has been gleaned by resorting to the Patriot Act.

I think you answered your own question my friend. I'm glad they did this and I'm glad they understand how effective it can be.

Freedom and "Civil Liberties" is sooo 2008 for the disingenuous Left Wingers. Do these people really think that others don't notice their astounding dishonesty & hypocrisy on this and many other issues? I think people do notice. Make 2010 count people.

They were for it before they were against it and now they're for it again. Seriously,how can anyone believe anything a Left Winger says at this point? Yikes!

Forum List

Back