Why aren't there criminal background checks for driving a car??

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
We have such checks for guns. Even a 20 year old drug possession felony or tax evasion felony that had nothing to do with guns or even violence means you can't have a gun.

How about anyone with a DUI conviction banned from ever driving a car? That would unquestionably save thousands of lives a year. Why do you libs oppose that?

• Banned
Anyone caught doing over 100 mph should also be forever banned from driving a car. Why aren't libs demanding background checks for that.? Think of how many kid's lives that would save.

Well....its illegal to drive a car without a license. And you cant get a license..without the DMV running your info to ensure you aren't wanted or suspended for some reason from driving. AND, you have to carry insurance on the car, or you cant drive it. You'll go to jail. And you must register the car, or you lose your license.

HEY!!! I know! Have a mandatory gun registration, and license, OH and make the owner carry persona liability insurance for the gun, so if you accidentally hurt someone, you pay!!!

See, we have more checks and safety guards on owning and driving a car than we do on a fucking gun. Brilliant, right?

Anyone caught doing over 100 mph should also be forever banned from driving a car. Why aren't libs demanding background checks for that.? Think of how many kid's lives that would save.

Lets have a background check for buying a house, too. Because you could burn down the house and claim on insurance, and a background check would save the insurance companies millions!

We have such checks for guns. Even a 20 year old drug possession felony or tax evasion felony that had nothing to do with guns or even violence means you can't have a gun.

How about anyone with a DUI conviction banned from ever driving a car? That would unquestionably save thousands of lives a year. Why do you libs oppose that?

Driving is a privilege, not a right, such as gun ownership; consequently the state may impose greater limitations, restrictions, or revoke a license altogether.

You’re comparing two completely unrelated issues.

• Banned
See, we have more checks and safety guards on owning and driving a car than we do on a fucking gun. Brilliant, right?

There is no criminal background check for cars. That's what matters and that's what this thread is about. That other stuff you mentioned is mickey mouse.

• Banned
Driving is a privilege, not a right, such as gun ownership; consequently the state may impose greater limitations, restrictions, or revoke a license altogether.

No they're not unrelated. In fact gun ownership and car ownership are near the same thing. Only real difference is gun rights are in the constitution.

Says who? YOU? The government? We once rode horses, and needed no permission. I can ride a bicycle, without permission from anyone. I can rollerblade or skateboard, without government permission. I can jog.

So, why is it I can use all those forms of transportation, and even use a bike or jog on a public road without permission.........but I must have the governments permission to operate something I bought on a road I paid for?

What gives you, or the government, the power to grant me the priviledge of transportation, whereas we once didn't need permission to travel?

OH I KNOW WHY NOW!!!

Because cars are fucking dangerous!!!! And jogging, riding bikes, or horses in the old days, were not dangerous to others, but cars are. So the govt decided to make sure a person was fit to operate a car in public before allowing it.

Yet, we cant do the same for an AK47?

You folks see why people see a problem with this now?

We once rode horses, and needed no permission. I can ride a bicycle, without permission from anyone. I can rollerblade or skateboard, without government permission. I can jog.

OMG. You really think joggers are as dangerous as a 6000 pound SUV doing 70 mph? Get help please.

Forum List

Back