Why aren't the war on terror and border security intertwined?

Here's an example of how unsecure our cities are:

Two weeks ago, I was in an unnamed East Coast city located just west of Long Island. I was attending a conference and took a commuter train into said city.

Without any difficulty, I boarded the train with a bag filled with a combustable substance (papers).

Now, it would have been just as easy to have carried some anthrax or plutoneum or sarin along with my papers, however, I had no need for these substances at my conference.

But I could have...and that was scary.

Simple hypothetical here, I want everyone to tell me how difficult this would be to pull off.

1.) Some high ranking Al-Qaeda recruit 10 young (too young to have criminal records) jihadists to attack America. They give them each a few thousands dollars.

2.) They use the money to get a plane ticket to Mexico, once there, they buy AK's off the black market.

3.) They either sneak across the border, or buy fake id's to get across (studies have shown that this works 19 out of 20 times.)

4.) They each go to a different school/mall/sporting event and unload a clip into the crowd. They hid the gun under a coat or sweater.

This could easily kill hundreds if not thousands of people, all with just a few thousand bucks spent.

This leads me to believe that the entire war on terror is a joke or we actually have amazing border security and no one could ever get across.

So please in your response, answer the original question I led off with.

Thanks

Personal opinion: they do not want to stand on a street (or in a building) in America, the reason: to many people in this country pack, and not too many would feel bad about eliminating vermin that were just here to take lives.

New Topics

Forum List

Back