Why aren't the war on terror and border security intertwined?

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
Simple hypothetical here, I want everyone to tell me how difficult this would be to pull off.

1.) Some high ranking Al-Qaeda recruit 10 young (too young to have criminal records) jihadists to attack America. They give them each a few thousands dollars.

2.) They use the money to get a plane ticket to Mexico, once there, they buy AK's off the black market.

3.) They either sneak across the border, or buy fake id's to get across (studies have shown that this works 19 out of 20 times.)

4.) They each go to a different school/mall/sporting event and unload a clip into the crowd. They hid the gun under a coat or sweater.

This could easily kill hundreds if not thousands of people, all with just a few thousand bucks spent.

This leads me to believe that the entire war on terror is a joke or we actually have amazing border security and no one could ever get across.

So please in your response, answer the original question I led off with.

Thanks

Simple hypothetical here, I want everyone to tell me how difficult this would be to pull off.

1.) Some high ranking Al-Qaeda recruit 10 young (too young to have criminal records) jihadists to attack America. They give them each a few thousands dollars.

2.) They use the money to get a plane ticket to Mexico, once there, they buy AK's off the black market.

3.) They either sneak across the border, or buy fake id's to get across (studies have shown that this works 19 out of 20 times.)

4.) They each go to a different school/mall/sporting event and unload a clip into the crowd. They hid the gun under a coat or sweater.

This could easily kill hundreds if not thousands of people, all with just a few thousand bucks spent.

This leads me to believe that the entire war on terror is a joke or we actually have amazing border security and no one could ever get across.

Thanks

When I hear someone talking about the threat at home I often look to our southern border and wonder if there is such a threat why aren't their suicide bombers blowing themselves up in major metropolitan areas. During peak hours they could literally kill hundreds in one whack.

I hear ya, man.

What war on terror or do you mean wars of terror?

First offif these so called terrorists were as good as our Governments keep telling us where are they, where are all the terrorist events. In the UK we had 30 years of terrorism every day of the week. Yet the might Al Qaeda has scored twice in the US/UK and I say that very loosly as no real investigation has been ever carried out to find out who was really responsible for either crime.

No. it is all to easy for the perps to generate their own terrorists just to push their own agenda. With very little proof ofered by said governments we are told this group or that did whatever. Well it does not wash, there is nothing new in crearing your own terrorists to attack you own people or anyone elses especially when theres lots of power anmd money to be had.

Want to find the terrorists, start by looking at your own Government, security forces etc. When you have done that examine in fine detail the so called terrorist attacks. Just one example. The day afetr 9/11 Buffoon Blair said Al Qaeda were responsible for the act and there was going to be a war on terror. How did he know anything? Whilst the American Government were running around like headless chickens not knowing allegedly who was to blame there was Emperor Blair telling the World who was responsible and what was going to happen next.

Why did Bush and co keep dropping the names Sadam and Iraq on his rally tour after 9/11. Neither had anything to do with 9/11 but the perps needed an excuse to invade Iraq so the perps worked their puppets. Sometimes things are not what they seem.

Agreed with the tactic bit. Terrorists will always find a way to terrorize. You can't preemptively defend against every imaginable type of attack. You can put reasonable safeguards in place though. Which brings me to my question... What do you think is the best solution for our porous border? Build a wall? Electrical fence? Station the army all along our border? Something else?

What about the illegal immigrants themselves? How do you stop them from wanting to immigrate illegally? (That's the only way the problem will really go away.)

Agreed with the tactic bit. Terrorists will always find a way to terrorize. You can't preemptively defend against every imaginable type of attack. You can put reasonable safeguards in place though. Which brings me to my question... What do you think is the best solution for our porous border? Build a wall? Electrical fence? Station the army all along our border? Something else?

What about the illegal immigrants themselves? How do you stop them from wanting to immigrate illegally? (That's the only way the problem will really go away.)

I'm not a big wall guy, I was furious when Bush pulled every single national guard from the border a couple years ago. Just have a good amount of national guardsmen along with the border patrol and make sure these people are armed with the best defense suits and weapons we can give them.

I don't mind amnesty at this point, rounding them all up and shipping them out isn't possible so you kind've have to just give in on that front. I'm fairly open borders as far as who we let in, just do a background check if they pass let them in, if not, don't.

Everyone would be for amnesty if we had a gov't that knew how to handle the economy. Which is, do nothing, other than getting rid of everyone's income taxes and dropping the corporate tax rate to somewhere in the 10-15% range.

Thanks

Obama ended the war on terror :( sorry bro

Barack Obama adviser rejects 'global war on terror'

Thanks

Because it's a Joke on Terra. Look what the dunces put us all through at the Airport? Surely if we were all in such danger, The borders would have been closed on 9/12. It was All for more power over Individual Liberty. ~BH

The reality is that there are probably tons of people sympathetic to terrorist groups already in the US, legally... they're often doctors or engineers, not some random camel merchant from the backwaters of a small town in Saudi Arabia... so I dunno... it's really hard to defend against an enemy that is so willing to blow the shit out of himself

I'm not a big wall guy, I was furious when Bush pulled every single national guard from the border a couple years ago. Just have a good amount of national guardsmen along with the border patrol and make sure these people are armed with the best defense suits and weapons we can give them.

I don't mind amnesty at this point, rounding them all up and shipping them out isn't possible so you kind've have to just give in on that front. I'm fairly open borders as far as who we let in, just do a background check if they pass let them in, if not, don't.

Everyone would be for amnesty if we had a gov't that knew how to handle the economy. Which is, do nothing, other than getting rid of everyone's income taxes and dropping the corporate tax rate to somewhere in the 10-15% range.
you have a source for this?
i never heard of Bush doing any such thing since we dont have the national guard on the borders and i havent heard of them being put there

Haven't you guys figgered it out yet? Your security isn't as important as any business' ability to exploit illegal alien slave labor.

I used to think just Republicans thought that way but have you seen Barry do anything on the border? Nope.

Your security means nothing to most elected officials in Washington.

I'll try Dr. Drock. 1) Suicide bombers are brainwashed into believing they will die a martyr. Maybe some families will be compensated; 2) Untrue; 3) Untrue. Visas can be obtained to gain entry into the U.S.; 4) That's really stretching the imagination.
The War on Al-Queda/Taliban Terror is bogus! Public Protector & Mad Scientist is in the right direction; but, Bolshevik Hunter is right on!

In comparison to the WTC, how much attention was there to the Oklahoma City Bombing? How many memorials were erected for both? Also, is Al-Queda a real threat? Or, the U.S. Government?

i never heard of Bush doing any such thing since we dont have the national guard on the borders and i havent heard of them being put there

The site won't let me post a URL cuz I have under 15 posts. w w w . azcentral . com/news/articles/2008/06/12/20080612/jumpstart0612.html

Delete those first few spaces to go to the site.

One of my main goals in life is to expose these parties to people, to show that they're EXACTLY the same on every single issue. We're as much a democracy as Russia had in the 30's and 40's.

'Why aren't the war on terror and border security intertwined?'

Because the USA is so damned focused on NOT insulting our neighbor to the south that they would much rather put the USA pop at risk! It's that simple. If they were to intertwine both of these issues, that woud mean that they consider Mexico, Central/SoAmerica terrorist countries. Oh my God! Can you believe that??? This would mean calling narcos terrorists and when all they do is maime, torture, behead, mutilate their 'enemies'??? Go figure.

The site won't let me post a URL cuz I have under 15 posts. www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/06/12/20080612/jumpstart0612.html

Delete those first few spaces to go to the site.

One of my main goals in life is to expose these parties to people, to show that they're EXACTLY the same on every single issue. We're as much a democracy as Russia had in the 30's and 40's.

fixed that for ya

well, the link just goes to a site map, not a story
maybe they took the story down

Last edited:

Thanks

because the so called war on terrorism and illegal immigrants serve the new world order agenda and are beneficial to achieving their objective of limiting our constitutional rights and our sovereignty

We will not have border security until we have immigration reform, and both parties oppose that. Dems want cheap voters when naturalized, and Pubs want cheap workers, period. Thus, open borders and our security remains threatened.

That will continue until We the People wise up.

they smuggle drugs by the ton into our country,if paid enough they could smuggle the mahdi army into the us in a few months

on some sections of the border they catch 500 illegals in 24 hours

think about how many make it through....

Forum List

Back