Why aren't the anti-choice people against birth control pills.

That's an extremely valid observation. Most pro-lifers use birth control and have abortions as a byproduct of such usage. Especially the ones using IUD's. All artificial birth control causes abortions, some at higher rates than others, but a woman who is sexually active from 15-45 and is on birth control the entire time, except to have 2 children, will, on average, have 1-5 abortions depending on the pill she's on. If she's using an IUD, the number could easily be in the hundreds.

Also, I don't see much difference between the mentality and rationale behind abortion and birth control usage.

BC pills and other types of BC are not abortifacients... to abort a developing and growing human, you must have implantation in the womb.... a good % (I do not have all the specifics on the exact #) of fertilized eggs never implant and go beyond initial mitosis... your statement that all artificial BC results in abortions is literally absurd

What next, saying anyone who masturbates is a hypocrite if they are anti-abortion?

There is much of a difference between preventing and aborting

So its OK to kill a human being so long as it has not attached to the uterine wall, is that what you are saying?

Or is a fertilized egg not a human being?

There is zero chance for development without uterine implantation... it is not being aborted from something unless it is attached to something... to terminate it has to be in the process of something... there is no process til the process starts, and the process starts with implantation into the womb... otherwise it is simply the passing of a fertilized egg out of the system, as happens pretty frequently in nature

That's an extremely valid observation. Most pro-lifers use birth control and have abortions as a byproduct of such usage. Especially the ones using IUD's. All artificial birth control causes abortions, some at higher rates than others, but a woman who is sexually active from 15-45 and is on birth control the entire time, except to have 2 children, will, on average, have 1-5 abortions depending on the pill she's on. If she's using an IUD, the number could easily be in the hundreds.

Also, I don't see much difference between the mentality and rationale behind abortion and birth control usage.

BC pills and other types of BC are not abortifacients... to abort a developing and growing human, you must have implantation in the womb.... a good % (I do not have all the specifics on the exact #) of fertilized eggs never implant and go beyond initial mitosis... your statement that all artificial BC results in abortions is literally absurd
If you want to change the definition for what an abortion is, or what an abortifacient is, please don't expect anyone else to follow your own personal definition.

All I did was state that statistically, based on breakthrough ovulation rates and the backup method of action inherent to birth control which aids in "preventing" pregnancy, that on average, a woman will have 1-3 abortions in her lifetime from taking birth control. That isn't to say EVERY woman would NECESSARILY have an abortion, just that the average for different formulations falls in the 1-3 range. Some women might have 0, or 1, or 2, or 3, etc.

What next, saying anyone who masturbates is a hypocrite if they are anti-abortion?
No, I wouldn't say that.

There is much of a difference between preventing and aborting
Certainly.

Many pro-lifers are against any form of birth control .. the Catholic Church, for instance.

This is indeed true.. and I don't argue with them on that stance for it is on the stance of protecting life... just as people who are pro-life that also argue for no death penalty, for they are consistent with a 'protect all life' stance.... I do argue, however, with those who support abortion and then are against the death penalty for proven murderers... for IMHO protection of the innocent takes precedence over protection of the vile maniacal murderers
Go figure. I am a registered GOP, a Tea Party participant, pro-choice, and anti-death penalty and am quite confident in my reconciliation of those views.

There is zero chance for development without uterine implantation

So its OK to kill a human being so long as its as helpless as it can possibly be?

there is no process til the process starts, and the process starts with implantation into the womb...

See I always thought it was the anti-choice's stance that life began at conception ... is that not true?

Utter nonsense.

Preventing conception is not abortion.

And when breakthrough ovulation happens and conception does occur, prevention has not been attained. Then the abortifacient aspect of birth control kicks in and prevents implantation.

Thats not birth control but murder in a bottle and if you outlaw all abortion then it will kill the morning after pill at the same time.

Now before you accuse everyone of denying them of their rights then please tell me when an anti-abotion person actually wanted to ban the pill or a condom?

Thats not birth control but murder in a bottle and if you outlaw all abortion then it will kill the morning after pill at the same time.

Now before you accuse everyone of denying them of their rights then please tell me when an anti-abotion person actually wanted to ban the pill or a condom?
If they are anti-abortion for the reason that 'life begins at conception', and value being consistent in that view, they should want the combined oral contraceptive pill banned.

I'd think a person could be in favor of strictly preventive/barrier measures like condoms and spermicides and still be consistent.

You're right anti-abortion people never call for making abortion AND birth control illegal. To not do so is inconsistent.

I'd think a person could be in favor of strictly preventive/barrier measures like condoms and spermicides and still be consistent.

You're right anti-abortion people never call for making abortion AND birth control illegal. To not do so is inconsistent.

Inconsistent with what? I know some people got it in their head that this is christian morality thing but moral decisions that affect the lives of others such as laws against theft everyone should be for but moral decisions that don't affect anyone else is someone's own business such as using contraceptives before conception.

Inconsistent with what? I know some people got it in their head that this is christian morality thing but moral decisions that affect the lives of others such as laws against theft everyone should be for but moral decisions that don't affect anyone else is someone's own business such as using contraceptives before conception.
If you are against abortion because you believe that life begins at conception, then a consistent view would be to be against the Pill as well.

If you are against abortion because you believe that life begins at conception, then a consistent view would be to be against the Pill as well.

Yep. Abstenance works wonders...

The birth control pill can cause an abortion after conception.

The only abortion it can cause is IF you keep taking it after embryonic implantation and THEN it would act as an 'abortion pill'... before implantation, it is not an abortion by definition...

The only abortion it can cause is IF you keep taking it after embryonic implantation and THEN it would act as an 'abortion pill'... before implantation, it is not an abortion by definition...

When did the definition change?

When did the definition change?

It seems that for some peoples' definitions change in order to suit their views or support their argument.

Last edited:
...ah yes, the stinking republican 'pro-lifers'... :rolleyes:

..what fucking liars/fools:..they are frequently found screaming bloody murder about 'big bad government'...yet with respect to the political issue most important to them...they apparently want government officials to execute, jail, harass, etc., hundereds of thousands of women for terminating their pregnancies!..

...all while many of these 'pro-life,' republican, tea-bagging, fucking fools cheerlead/apologize for US miltary murder and terrorism around the planet!..

..STFU, you republicrat dopes..we know what you 'think'...we get teevee and radio too!.. ;)

..the rest of you, have a good day!..

..what fucking liars/fools:..they are frequently found screaming bloody murder about 'big bad government'...yet with respect to the political issue most important to them...they apparently want government officials to execute, jail, harass, etc., hundereds of thousands of women for terminating their pregnancies!..

...all while many of these 'pro-life,' republican, tea-bagging, fucking fools cheerlead/apologize for US miltary murder and terrorism around the planet!..

..STFU, you republicrat dopes..we know what you 'think'...we get teevee and radio too!.. ;)

:wtf:

Nothing but garbage.

...SI dodo, you apparent glenn beck peckerhead..apparently you have a problem with some of my words/assertions..

...focus like a laser beam, dumbass, and critique my words/assertions..

(i suspect stoooooooopid fuck here will soon have a mitt romney lawn sign) ;)

:wtf:

Nothing but garbage.

Garbage in, garbage out. It's a vicious cycle. :lol:

Forum List

Back