Why aren't the anti-choice people against birth control pills.

Funny thing is, one of the mechanisms of action of the Pill is its changing the endometrium which inhibits implantation of the fertilized egg (yup, the 'baby').

You've totally lost me now. As far as I'm concerned a pro-lifer/anti-choicer or whatever you want to call them are all the same. They all think abortion should be illegal.

They aren't all the same. A pro-lifer favors life. An anti-choicer is against women's rights.

Use of vague language does you no favors. Neither does inventing your own titles for other people.

LOL! So the anti-choicers get to come up with labels for me - but I can't do the same. OK!

Women's rights to what? To eat, not be beaten? You're derailing your own thread. lol

To her own womb.

Funny thing is, one of the mechanisms of action of the Pill is its changing the endometrium which inhibits implantation of the fertilized egg (yup, the 'baby').

Intelligent people know that. Pity there aren't many in this thread. It's the hysterical left again. Lord, they're on a roll today! They must have received new instructions from the ObamaNation.

Intelligent people know that. Pity there aren't many in this thread. It's the hysterical left again.
Lord, they're on a roll today! They must have received new instructions from the ObamaNation.

I'm actually the one who first pointed it out at the beginning of the thread.

You've got to be one of the stupidest posters on here.

Are yo anti-choice? If so, why are you not against getting rid of the pill?

That's an extremely valid observation. Most pro-lifers use birth control and have abortions as a byproduct of such usage. Especially the ones using IUD's. All artificial birth control causes abortions, some at higher rates than others, but a woman who is sexually active from 15-45 and is on birth control the entire time, except to have 2 children, will, on average, have 1-5 abortions depending on the pill she's on. If she's using an IUD, the number could easily be in the hundreds.

Also, I don't see much difference between the mentality and rationale behind abortion and birth control usage.

BC pills and other types of BC are not abortifacients... to abort a developing and growing human, you must have implantation in the womb.... a good % (I do not have all the specifics on the exact #) of fertilized eggs never implant and go beyond initial mitosis... your statement that all artificial BC results in abortions is literally absurd

What next, saying anyone who masturbates is a hypocrite if they are anti-abortion?

There is much of a difference between preventing and aborting

I don't know what an "anti-choicer" would be. I guess if I am against murder then I am for restricting the choice of people to go out and waste innocent people. Shame on me, big hypocrite.
It's a difference between intending to do something and not intending. No one taking the pill intends to have an abortion in the process. It is a failure of the normal process. Someone going to a clinic to have an abortion intends on killing the baby. That isn't a failure. Failure would be if the baby lives.
It's grand to use the term "murder" when talking about abortion, isn't it? What do you call it when the fertilization clinic cleans out its freezer? Mass murder?

"Murder"! The next to last refuge of a scoundrel. When that bit of hyperbole fails, you can always fall back on "patriotism".

It is an accurate although uncomfortable term. The baby is certainly alive in a way that someone's spleen is not.
In any case, if I hit a woman with my car and she miscarries I will be charged with murder (manslaughter might be more accurate). If I miss her and she goes on her way to the abortion clinic and "terminates the pregnancy" (so both sides engage in creative use of language) then that is constitutionally protected.
That makes sense why?

I don't know what an "anti-choicer" would be. I guess if I am against murder then I am for restricting the choice of people to go out and waste innocent people. Shame on me, big hypocrite.
It's a difference between intending to do something and not intending. No one taking the pill intends to have an abortion in the process. It is a failure of the normal process. Someone going to a clinic to have an abortion intends on killing the baby. That isn't a failure. Failure would be if the baby lives.

This is like saying you didn't mean to kill anyone when you were shooting into that crowd.

No, it isn't remotely the same.

That's an extremely valid observation. Most pro-lifers use birth control and have abortions as a byproduct of such usage. Especially the ones using IUD's. All artificial birth control causes abortions, some at higher rates than others, but a woman who is sexually active from 15-45 and is on birth control the entire time, except to have 2 children, will, on average, have 1-5 abortions depending on the pill she's on. If she's using an IUD, the number could easily be in the hundreds.

Also, I don't see much difference between the mentality and rationale behind abortion and birth control usage.

BC pills and other types of BC are not abortifacients... to abort a developing and growing human, you must have implantation in the womb.... a good % (I do not have all the specifics on the exact #) of fertilized eggs never implant and go beyond initial mitosis... your statement that all artificial BC results in abortions is literally absurd

What next, saying anyone who masturbates is a hypocrite if they are anti-abortion?

[Emphasis mine] Actually, that is exactly one of the mechanisms of action of the combined oral contraceptive pill (most oral contraceptives are of the combined type).

They aren't all the same. A pro-lifer favors life. An anti-choicer is against women's rights.

Use of vague language does you no favors. Neither does inventing your own titles for other people.

LOL! So the anti-choicers get to come up with labels for me - but I can't do the same. OK!
It's never really a great idea, but when it begins to make communication difficult it should just be avoided.

Women's rights to what? To eat, not be beaten? You're derailing your own thread. lol

To her own womb.

Women didn't have the right to a womb until Roe v. Wade? Just say a legal right to have an abortion. Not that I think 'rights' language has any business in this topic, but at least that is understandable.

So its OK to kill a human being so long as it has not attached to the uterine wall, is that what you are saying?

Or is a fertilized egg not a human being?

Utter nonsense.

Preventing conception is not abortion.

It's never really a great idea, but when it begins to make communication difficult it should just be avoided.

To her own womb.

Women didn't have the right to a womb until Roe v. Wade? Just say a legal right to have an abortion. Not that I think 'rights' language has any business in this topic, but at least that is understandable.

Actually women did have the right, it just wasn't protected in all states. Sort of like how slaves had a right to be free - the government just chose to not protect that right.

I fail to see how calling those who are against the right to choose "anti-choice" makes communication difficult.

Utter nonsense.

Preventing conception is not abortion.

???? You didn't even read the first post idiot.

Many pro-lifers are against any form of birth control .. the Catholic Church, for instance.

This is indeed true.. and I don't argue with them on that stance for it is on the stance of protecting life... just as people who are pro-life that also argue for no death penalty, for they are consistent with a 'protect all life' stance.... I do argue, however, with those who support abortion and then are against the death penalty for proven murderers... for IMHO protection of the innocent takes precedence over protection of the vile maniacal murderers

It's grand to use the term "murder" when talking about abortion, isn't it? What do you call it when the fertilization clinic cleans out its freezer? Mass murder?

"Murder"! The next to last refuge of a scoundrel. When that bit of hyperbole fails, you can always fall back on "patriotism".

It is an accurate although uncomfortable term. The baby is certainly alive in a way that someone's spleen is not.
In any case, if I hit a woman with my car and she miscarries I will be charged with murder (manslaughter might be more accurate). If I miss her and she goes on her way to the abortion clinic and "terminates the pregnancy" (so both sides engage in creative use of language) then that is constitutionally protected.
That makes sense why?
That's where that sticky concept of 'choice' and reproductive 'freedom' kicks in.

Forum List

Back