Why aren't rockets flying over the fence from the West Bank?

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
Is it only the Israeli occupation of the West Bank with all the road blocks and check points that make it nearly impossible for militants to set up rocket launchers and the many daily arrests of militants that keep them from getting organized? Is this what Israel will have to do in Gaza to stop the rocket attacks?

Last edited:
Originally posted by toomuchtime
Why aren't rockets flying over the fence from the West Bank?
Don't be so impatient, give them time : )

I see many people here saying things like "People in the West Bank chose peace instead of war".

I have a question for them:

Do you mean the same people who started the second Intifada 8 years ago?

Eventually, the palestinian armed struggle will give way to a non-violent struggle for equality, freedom and unmitigated justice in Palestine.

But due to the unwillingness of both parties involved to take the first step, this time hasn't come yet.

José;971957 said:
Don't be so impatient, give them time : )

I see many people here saying things like "People in the West Bank chose peace instead of war".

I have a question for them:

Eventually, the palestinian armed struggle will give way to a non-violent struggle for equality, freedom and unmitigated justice in Palestine.

But due to the unwillingness of both parties involved to take the first step, this time hasn't come yet.
what world do you live in?
it sure isnt this one

Originally posted by DiveCon
what world do you live in?
it sure isnt this one

I know it's weird to talk about non-violent struggle in the middle of a war, Diver, but I'm talking long term here.

The end of the palestinian armed struggle and Israel's transition from a jewish state to a state of citizens will take decades and probably won't even happen in our lifetime.

José;971957 said:

That was Yasser Arafat.

He is now dead.

I hope he and Hitler share the same room in Hell.

José;972400 said:
I know it's weird to talk about non-violent struggle in the middle of a war, Diver, but I'm talking long term here.

The end of the palestinian armed struggle and Israel's transition from a jewish state to a state of citizens will take decades and probably won't even happen in our lifetime.

or this reality. perhaps in a different reality or zone... like the twighlight zone.

Jordan doesn't allow the rockets to pass through it's borders the way Egypt does.

---------------------------------------------------------------

True, but some of the rockets that have been fired from Gaza have been homemade, so, without the very tight Israeli occupation of the West Bank, it is probable that the West Bank militants could make and fire them, too. That means that the road blocks and check points and arrest raids that some of Israel's critics say should be ended because of the hardships they impose on the Palestinians are what is preventing rockets from the West Bank from raining down on Israeli civilians.

Forum List

Back