Why Aren't Liberals Screaming to Have the World Cup Moved from Gay-Hating, Women-Oppressing Qatar?

I guess we're only supposed to care about the treatment of women and gays and apostates and non-believers and infidels and others if the issue being discussed is interesting enough to Americans.

If it isn't, we just don't care one way or the other. Fuck 'em.

If this were a major American sport, then hey, we'd care about those people. We really would.

Holy crap. Are we not supposed to notice how obvious and transparent this is?

Mac, I just can't jump up and down and scream this early in the morning. Any post that starts off with why aren't liberals blah, blah, blah is insane.

Had the author been serious then we would be discussing Qatar financing terrorism. No? Not the topic? Not a good enough topic to goad a response?
It can be difficult to determine sincerity here, that's for sure. Much easier in real life, where you can read faces, too.

But the fact remains, the same behaviors are seen over and over on this issue. And frankly, I think it's a legitimate question.

Taking anything seriously here requires ignoring the noise and getting to the heart.

A legitimate question such as, how can you defend Muslims or Qatar and LGTBQ?

Wouldn't it be more forthright to ask how someone might be able rectify what appear to be two opposing views?
Well, that's the question. Ask it, though, the primary response you'll get is ISLAMOPHOBE AAAUUUGHHH
I guess we're only supposed to care about the treatment of women and gays and apostates and non-believers and infidels and others if the issue being discussed is interesting enough to Americans.

If this were a major American sport, then hey, we'd care about those people. We really would.

Mac, I just can't jump up and down and scream this early in the morning. Any post that starts off with why aren't liberals blah, blah, blah is insane.

Had the author been serious then we would be discussing Qatar financing terrorism. No? Not the topic? Not a good enough topic to goad a response?
It can be difficult to determine sincerity here, that's for sure. Much easier in real life, where you can read faces, too.

But the fact remains, the same behaviors are seen over and over on this issue. And frankly, I think it's a legitimate question.

Taking anything seriously here requires ignoring the noise and getting to the heart.

Wouldn't it be more forthright to ask how someone might be able rectify what appear to be two opposing views?
Well, that's the question. Ask it, though, the primary response you'll get is ISLAMOPHOBE AAAUUUGHHH

By some and it is absolutely guaranteed if asked as it was in the OP. May as well have just started a letter saying: Dear Joe, be a class A jerk on this thread.

I think it's a fair question and I think that you can get what you're after. Solidarity is a whole 'nother thing.
Well, the fact that they immediately deflect and attack pretty much answers my question.

They're liars and hypocrites.

Why does our President support Saudi Arabia even when they murder and dismember someone?

Why does our President support Saudi Arabia even when they murder and dismember someone?

For the same reason they all do................oil. Although, it was looking kind of sketchy for a minute and looking like Saudi Arabia was about to become a whole 'nother shitfest for a minute. Still might happen if you get the right persons in power.

All countries that claim to be for women’s and gay’s rights should decline on principle. That’s assuming any country had principles.

All countries that claim to be for women’s and gay’s rights should decline on principle. That’s assuming any country had principles.

And what good will that do?

Frankly, the way you get a country like that to advance is to engage it, have interactions, let their people see women and gays having equal rights.

But since this is about Muslim-bashing by the usual suspects, we won't talk about that.

Forum List

Back