Why aren't liberals protesting the NFL?

Do you have the cell phone number of your Congressman?

If not......then you are not rich

I dont have his number.

And rich is a relative term.

I live comfortably, have very little debt (only debt that makes sense rate wise)....and my money will outlive me.

Not sure what else anyone would need to be deemed rich.

There is rich as in money and rich as in power

There are many Americans, myself included, who have accumulated enough wealth to live comfortably

The 1% are beyond comfortable and have the power and influence to change policy.

Thats how society has worked for most of human history. You think thats gonna change?

Some shape or form of survival of the fittest will ALWAYS exist in human society. The powerful were once the best fighters or hunters. Now, its the ones who can accumulate the most wealth.

If Obama's ideology keeps pushing into our society, then who knows, 20 years from now the best fighters may again be society's most powerful.

Bottom line: IF a given city builds a sports stadium for a given team, then obviously the city has made a decision that it's in its financial best interest to do so rather than lose the team to another city. That's just business, and has nothing to do with left/right politics.

Bottom line: IF a given city builds a sports stadium for a given team, then obviously the city has made a decision that it's in its financial best interest to do so rather than lose the team to another city. That's just business, and has nothing to do with left/right politics.

The NFL has a good product. A city with an NFL team is considered an elite city. It raises civic pride and prestige

As a finite product, the NFL can play one city against another. If a city doesn't want to cough up the dough, there are many other cities willing to do so

The NFL has a good product. A city with an NFL team is considered an elite city. It raises civic pride and prestige

As a finite product, the NFL can play one city against another. If a city doesn't want to cough up the dough, there are many other cities willing to do so

Great analysis. Thanks.

Although some of us wish that the product were better than others *laughs*. In the case of the Vikings however, they know that the NFL has long wanted a team in L.A. , heck it's huge media market and as such hold a lot of appeal. Knowing this, it becomes a source of local "pride" in wanting a team or not. I did happen to suggest that the Vikings franchise would be better off going to San Antonio rather than L.A. because of the apathy factor there. You are correct though in your statement and for every city there are many standing in line wanting one and willing to do what it takes to get one. On a side note, I do see Jacksonville sort of in the same boat as the Vikings when it comes to this and have heard rumors the Rams are also dealing with a stadium issue and some noise about them moving to back to L.A. as well.

However, the NFL often strong arms cities over this. I laugh that Los Angeles has managed to survive without one NFL team for quite a long time. More power to them, IMO.

They contribute over 90% of the revenue to your beloved governments. They fund most of the corporations in this nation, that provide us so many jobs and products and entertainment. What more do you want them to "contribute"?

Oh, thats right, you all want them to pay for your housing, healthcare, education, transportation and anything else you WANT but dont want to pay for.

So, would you tell Seattle residents to stop whining about Boeing relocating a lot of it's jobs to Charleston, SC, because it was economically better for Boeing? Because Obama Inc filed a lawsuit over that one, and Seattle liberals were irate and there were hateful cartoons in the Seattle media mocking the people of SC over it.

You control 90% of the wealth.....don't complain if you pay 90% of the taxes
I just don't see why we should continue policies that enable you to accumulate more wealth

I didn't give a shit if Boeing moved or not
Just like I dont care if the Vikings move. Minnesota has a piece of shit stadium. If they dont want to cough up the money for a modern facility...don't bitch if someone else does

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

I swear on my life you don't understand the first part of economics...

You're one of the dumbest motherfuckers I have ever encountered in my life...

It is simply amazing how an individual could be so fucking dumb.... Oh, and I absolutely believe every word I'm typing, and have typed....

It is mind-boggling how you have not managed to piss on the 3rd-rail yet...

So...you were tasked with an autobiographical post?

However, the NFL often strong arms cities over this. I laugh that Los Angeles has managed to survive without one NFL team for quite a long time. More power to them, IMO.

LA got the finger from the NFL also. They tried to pawn off the 70 year old Colossium and Anaheim as NFL quality. The fan base was apathetic. They thought....We are LA, they will never pull out

Currently, the Minnesota Vikings are trying to force the people of the city/state of MN to pay for a new stadium. If not, they may move the team to LA. A major economic booster for the city, the Vikings leaving could hurt them.

So, as much as the left hates rich people, we have the Minnesota Vikings, owned by rich people, a team played and coached by millionaires, demanding ordinary people of Minny pay for their new sandbox???

This happens all around the NFL, with teams owned by billionaires, played by millionaires, demanding "99%ers" pay for their stadiums.

Why isn't the left protesting and demonizing the NFL?:eusa_whistle:

Not following your logic..

How, in your convoluted mind, does this become a left/right issue?

I asked that question when George Bush got a baseball stadium built with taxpayers money in Arlington,Texas.

Currently, the Minnesota Vikings are trying to force the people of the city/state of MN to pay for a new stadium. If not, they may move the team to LA. A major economic booster for the city, the Vikings leaving could hurt them.

So, as much as the left hates rich people, we have the Minnesota Vikings, owned by rich people, a team played and coached by millionaires, demanding ordinary people of Minny pay for their new sandbox???

This happens all around the NFL, with teams owned by billionaires, played by millionaires, demanding "99%ers" pay for their stadiums.

There have been protests in the past. You must have missed it, defending them against big government "looters".

Fine...goodbye.

They are trying blackmail here in San Diego too. Adios.

I'm with you on this one. all cities who host these scumbag should stand together and not be blackmailed

Fine...goodbye.

They are trying blackmail here in San Diego too. Adios.

I'm with you on this one. all cities who host these scumbag should stand together and not be blackmailed

Aren't the NFL players unionized?

Sure they are...

You need information to prove that some liberals are opposed to municipally-financed stadium deals?

Really?

I dont see them outside stadiums protesting. If Bank of America was forcing locals to pay for a new high-rise, Occupiers would be throwing maltov cocktails at it.

But Minnesota liberal 99%'ers aren't raising hell that a bunch of rich sports folks are forcing them to pay for a new playbox.

Why do you keep using the term "playbox"?

Forum List

Back