why arent liberals going after china , they are worse on global warming

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
They are polluting the planet at a rate equal to or greater then the u.s. but I dont hear the u.s. media or any liberals going after them.

http://itsgettinghotinhere.org/2007...es-as-largest-annual-global-warming-polluter/

This article is from the gaurdian uk

Eye On China: China Passes United States as Largest Annual Global Warming Polluter

Published by jessejenkins, June 22nd, 2007 global warming , United States , Asia

China’s annual greenhouse gas emissions seem to have passed the United States’. The U.S. will long remain largest cumulative contributor to global warming though.

China has overtaken the United States as the world’s biggest producer of carbon dioxide, the chief greenhouse gas, according to this Guardian (UK) article.

The Guardian writes:

The announcement will increase anxiety about China’s growing role in driving man-made global warming and will pile pressure onto world politicians to agree a new global agreement on climate change that includes the booming Chinese economy. China’s emissions had not been expected to overtake those from the US, formerly the world’s biggest polluter, for several years, although some reports predicted it could happen as early as next year [see previous post].

But according to the Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency, soaring demand for coal to generate electricity and a surge in cement production have helped to push China’s recorded emissions for 2006 beyond those from the US already. It says China produced 6,200m tonnes of CO2 last year, compared with 5,800m tonnes from the US. Britain produced about 600m tonnes.

If China has now passed the United States as the largest annual global warming polluter, it does nothing to absolve the United States of the moral and pragmatic responsibility to act swiftly and decisively to rein in our greenhouse gas emissions.

We in the U.S. will still be the second largest global warming polluter in the world, not exactly a comfortable position; and we will long remain the largest single contributor to climate change, as cumulative greenhouse gas emissions drive climate change, not annual emissions, and we will long remain the largest cumulative emitter.

To me, China’s now larger role in global CO2 emissions simply highlights the urgency of taking a leadership position in the United States - enacting real reforms to rein in our greenhouse gas emissions in the United States and do our share to solve this global crisis - so that we may turn to addressing the global community, particularly China and India, in a global solution.

Contrary to President Bush’s usual line of argument, pointing at China’s growing emissions does nothing to absolve the United States of it’s responsibility act to solve the climate crisis; rather it points to the urgent need to both enact smart domestic policies and lead a global response to this global crisis, and time is clearly running out.

As James Hansen (among other reputable climate scientists) has repeatedly warned (see here for the latest example), the Earth stands perilously close to tipping points that could send the climate crisis spinning beyond our control. For now, for better or for worse, humans and their activities are solidly in the driver’s seat of the global climate. But perhaps as little as 5 or 10 years of continued business-as-usual could push the climate crisis beyond our ability to change course - we’ll be rudely kicked out of the driver’s seat before we can turn this car around

You aren't looking hard enough.

Besides the fact that considering we have been condemning China for years for its atrocious record on human rights, I don't think trying to get them on global warming will do much...in fact it hasn't.

Besides the fact that the US puts out vastly more pollutants per person than China does. They are just now passing us...and they have 3 times the people that we do.

You have an excellent point, I just think we should still protest them, as the evil government that they are.

Besides the fact that considering we have been condemning China for years for its atrocious record on human rights, I don't think trying to get them on global warming will do much...in fact it hasn't.

Besides the fact that the US puts out vastly more pollutants per person than China does. They are just now passing us...and they have 3 times the people that we do.

To the enviro wackos, America is to blame for everything. We are the economic superpower, and the myth of global waming is an excuse used to attack capitalism

So we are supposed to make another sovern nation clean up their mess before we even clean up ours ?

Oh, that is right. Libs believe Republicans want to poison the air and water - kill millions of people - and then run for re election

To the enviro wackos, America is to blame for everything. We are the economic superpower, and the myth of global waming is an excuse used to attack capitalism

Who pollutes the most per capita, rsr? By a huge, massive, margin?

Libs never miss a chance to shit on their own country

So you take insult "libs", but you let a racial slur go by? Nice. Its interesting to see you are more interested in tackling "libs" that you know absolutely nothing about, than racists.

Right.

Yellows polluting = so what

Whites polluting = evil

Or maybe it's because as United States Taxpayers and citizens, "libs" feel they are in the best position to change the policies of their own government.

How come you bastards aren't marching about abortion, in China? Who the fuck knows, but maybe it's because you don't live, in, fucking China.

Who pollutes the most per capita, rsr? By a huge, massive, margin?

So you take insult "libs", but you let a racial slur go by? Nice. Its interesting to see you are more interested in tackling "libs" that you know absolutely nothing about, than racists.

and who is the worlds economic superpower and feed the world with food, and technology

libs use this crap as a way to attack capitaslism and the US

and who is the worlds economic superpower and feed the world with food, and technology

The US is the worlds economic superpower. Most of those benefits stay inside the US.

Feed the world with food and technology? What an arrogant assumption. No, the US does not "feed the world". Per capita our donations are atrociously low. Considering the amount of people starving around the world, if we are trying to feed the world, we are failing at it, miserably.

You are a fucking idiot. This "crap" is used to try and get the US to change, not just so "libs" can run around and gloat about how the US is doing some things incorrectly.

They hate Amercia more

Libs never miss a chance to shit on their own country

the streak running down the backs of liberals?

Oh, that is right. Libs believe Republicans want to poison the air and water - kill millions of people - and then run for re election

Libs should unite and protest you polluting this board with your useless comments.

You have nothing to add, and nothing new to say.

Ever.

Now you can go ahead and drop another assinine comment about Liberals and their loving tolerance.

But I will rail against you, until you have something useful to add.

You ruin threads.

Libs should unite and protest you polluting this board with your useless comments.

You have nothing to add, and nothing new to say.

Ever.

Now you can go ahead and drop another assinine comment about Liberals and their loving tolerance.

But I will rail against you, until you have something useful to add.

You ruin threads.

I know what you mean. What I find interesting is that when you challenge him on these generalities, he will not back it up with any statistical proof. Oh. He might search the Internet and find a rare comment made by an extreme leftist in the heat of a debate and pull it out of context, ignore any apologies or retractions that such an individual makes, and treat it as the official stance of the Democrat Party. That is the extent of the proof that he will provide to back up such asinine comments of his, as “Libs never miss a chance to shit on their own country”. His baseless gross generalities do get old and tiresome.

I know what you mean. What I find interesting is that when you challenge him on these generalities, he will not back it up with any statistical proof. Oh. He might search the Internet and find a rare comment made by an extreme leftist in the heat of a debate and pull it out of context, ignore any apologies or retractions that such an individual makes, and treat it as the official stance of the Democrat Party. That is the extent of the proof that he will provide to back up such asinine comments of his, as “Libs never miss a chance to shit on their own country”. His baseless gross generalities do get old and tiresome.

Seriously. He is a prime reason why we should make college education free and a very good example for those who would wish to practice eugenics.

Forum List

Back