Why aren't guns allowed in prisons?

Just being devils advocate since the gun debate is hot; But why dont they allow guns in prisons? Prisons are gun-free zones, and among the most dangerous places in the country. So, if we gave every prisoner a gun, would they not be safer from each other? Would violence not go down?

And I can see not giving everyone a gun, based on mental status and crime type they are in for.

So, why wont the prisons give guns to all non-violent offenders and those who have committed petty crimes and have short sentences? They'd be safer, and the prisons would be much safer. Right?

There is a profound difference between playing devil's advocate and just plain being a retard. You my son are the latter, not the former.

Just being devils advocate since the gun debate is hot; But why dont they allow guns in prisons? Prisons are gun-free zones, and among the most dangerous places in the country. So, if we gave every prisoner a gun, would they not be safer from each other? Would violence not go down?

And I can see not giving everyone a gun, based on mental status and crime type they are in for.

So, why wont the prisons give guns to all non-violent offenders and those who have committed petty crimes and have short sentences? They'd be safer, and the prisons would be much safer. Right?

This is an excellent analogy, and makes a cunning point. It does seem like the authoritarians pushing for more control (gun and otherwise) really do see us as prisoners. Good catch.

Thats part of it. But the right wingers mostly just went ballistic with blind rage and couldnt think about it for a moment.

Oh snap! You guys are so right! I forgot!!

Ok. We'll give the guards guns too. Yep. More guns the better.

So, guns for all the guards, and guns for all the non-violent and short-term prisoners to protect themselves from the bad ones.

That'll reduce the violence in prison, right?

Nope. Weld the damned doors shut and move the guards out of the building. Arm them with sniper rifles and let them shoot anything that comes over the wall.

THats how China and Russia do it. Fucking commie.

I'm just being as absurd as you were in your OP and suddenly I'm a commie according to you and slow according to your sycophant.

I am starting to warm up to this idea. If the prisoners all shoot each other, we will not need a prison industrial complex....there is a seed of logic here...

Nope. Weld the damned doors shut and move the guards out of the building. Arm them with sniper rifles and let them shoot anything that comes over the wall.

I'm just being as absurd as you were in your OP and suddenly I'm a commie according to you and slow according to your sycophant.

Im pro-gun. I set you idiots up with a perfect example. You failed.

Thats part of it. But the right wingers mostly just went ballistic with blind rage and couldnt think about it for a moment.

If you are in prison........you are a felon and can't lawfully possess a firearm.

Your premise, aside from being retarded, is skewed.

There is a profound difference between playing devil's advocate and just plain being a retard. You my son are the latter, not the former.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InwMfeT2FdY]Such a Fine Line... | This Is Spinal Tap | Classic Clips - YouTube[/ame]

I am starting to warm up to this idea. If the prisoners all shoot each other, we will not need a prison industrial complex....there is a seed of logic here...

See, if we gave guns to only the non-violent, low risk prisoners, they'd be safe from the bad ones. But...eventually, some bad ones would steal the guns from the good ones. And "Oh shit" the bad guys who aren't supposed to have guns have guns. Which is what our US cities have.

However, even without the guns, a prison is one of the most violent and dangerous places in America.

So, both points are proven correct.

Which means neither gun control or gun rights will change the fact that violent people will be violent people.

Sadly, a lot of retards read that analogy in the OP, and failed to get past their own bumper sticker talking points and think for a God damn minute.

See, if we gave guns to only the non-violent, low risk prisoners, they'd be safe from the bad ones. But...eventually, some bad ones would steal the guns from the good ones. And "Oh shit" the bad guys who aren't supposed to have guns have guns. Which is what our US cities have.

However, even without the guns, a prison is one of the most violent and dangerous places in America.

Which means neither gun control or gun rights will change the fact that violent people will be violent people.

Sadly, a lot of retards read that analogy in the OP, and failed to get past their own bumper sticker talking points and think for a God damn minute.

come on bugs, that was the name of the game.

lie in the bed you made. it has potential.

Im pro-gun. I set you idiots up with a perfect example. You failed.

No, you set us up with an incredibly stupid scenario and we pointed that out.

I only used absurdity to illustrate how idiotic your premise was.

Yup really. It would take some time and smell really bad in there, but eventually they would off each other.

and then those places would be safe for the new prisoners how?

Don't you get it silly?

Each and every crime would be a death penalty.

and correct me if I'm wrong, I believe that would be a violation of the 8th Amendment of the very same document that they scream protects their 2nd Amendment rights. LOL

Fairness would dictate that all prisoners should have guns. Otherwise the ACLU would object. Maybe we could give them water pistols or airsoft guns instead.

Forum List

Back