Why aren't guns allowed in prisons?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Just being devils advocate since the gun debate is hot; But why dont they allow guns in prisons? Prisons are gun-free zones, and among the most dangerous places in the country. So, if we gave every prisoner a gun, would they not be safer from each other? Would violence not go down?

And I can see not giving everyone a gun, based on mental status and crime type they are in for.

So, why wont the prisons give guns to all non-violent offenders and those who have committed petty crimes and have short sentences? They'd be safer, and the prisons would be much safer. Right?

Are you serious? Would the guards be safe, why put them in prison if you want to give them something they can use to break out or murder a guard with?

Oh snap! You guys are so right! I forgot!!

Ok. We'll give the guards guns too. Yep. More guns the better.

So, guns for all the guards, and guns for all the non-violent and short-term prisoners to protect themselves from the bad ones.

That'll reduce the violence in prison, right?

Just being devils advocate since the gun debate is hot; But why dont they allow guns in prisons? Prisons are gun-free zones, and among the most dangerous places in the country. So, if we gave every prisoner a gun, would they not be safer from each other? Would violence not go down?

And I can see not giving everyone a gun, based on mental status and crime type they are in for.

So, why wont the prisons give guns to all non-violent offenders and those who have committed petty crimes and have short sentences? They'd be safer, and the prisons would be much safer. Right?

Actually, prisons would eventually become very safe places if all the inmates were armed, but no one on the right actually says we should arm criminals.

You moron right wingers are so stupid. See...I support the 2nd amendment, strongly. Always have. And had you taken the time to actually read and consider my OP, you'd see that it is an argument against gun control.

I said prisons are among the most violent places in the nation. One of the last places I'd ever feel safe. And they are GUN FREE. Yep. The most gun free zone in the country, and happens to be among the most dangerous places in the country. Without one single gun.

But you idiots are so butt-hurt from November and blind with rage you couldnt even see it.

Toying with you morons can be outright fun sometimes.

Actually, prisons would eventually become very safe places if all the inmates were armed, but no one on the right actually says we should arm criminals.

Wait a minute...you're actually arguing that giving all the prisoners guns would make the prisons safer? Really?

So, guns for all the guards, and guns for all the non-violent and short-term prisoners to protect themselves from the bad ones.

Nope. Weld the damned doors shut and move the guards out of the building. Arm them with sniper rifles and let them shoot anything that comes over the wall.

Wait a minute...you're actually arguing that giving all the prisoners guns would make the prisons safer? Really?

that is indeed a sobering statement. on the other hand, i already knew that ernie was slow.

Well, it would certainly cut down on the cost of building new prisons.

Yup really. It would take some time and smell really bad in there, but eventually they would off each other.

This is an excellent analogy, and makes a cunning point. It does seem like the authoritarians pushing for more control (gun and otherwise) really do see us as prisoners. Good catch.

Last edited:

Yup really. It would take some time and smell really bad in there, but eventually they would off each other.

and then those places would be safe for the new prisoners how?

Nope. Weld the damned doors shut and move the guards out of the building. Arm them with sniper rifles and let them shoot anything that comes over the wall.

THats how China and Russia do it. Fucking commie.

that is indeed a sobering statement. on the other hand, i already knew that ernie was slow.

I'm surprised a guy as bright as you didn't figure out where I was going with that.

Forum List

Back