Why are younger generations of Americans still so patroitic and religious? ?

Many Christians homeschool to keep their children from false indoctrination of communism / Islam / Catholicism - all three are poison that children should not be exposed to. It's what keeps the Protestant faith strong - although we are seeing a great falling away - (those who are partaking of interfaithism and submitting to the anti- Christ Pope in Rome).

In Germany are about 40% of the people not members of the catholic church or protestant church[es]. So your data are not reliable. There are for sure less than 40% atheists here. Atheism is in most cases a political result of the former communistic dictatorship in the East of Germany. It's easy to destroy the belief in god. I'm myselve for example a Catholic, a bavarian patriot and a german idiot - nevertheless I don't think any serios believer in Germany thinks religion could have something to do with racism. Religions are international.

That is only partially true.

Nice to hear what you like to tell me.

First, atheism can be caused by a political systm, but this is not the case in West Germany.

West Germany? What's that?

For example with me, in Bavaria, German idiot taxpayer. Left the club (of course RK, the EKD is not even a real church :) ) around 1985.

So what?

Second, membership in one of the two churches does not automatically make you a religious person.

Sure someone is able to think the people here are paying money to their christian churches because they are atheists. But how plausible is this?

In the majority of the cases today it is just community coersion, used for marriage and funeral, only a minority really believes the whole thing.
The bootlicking submission to Islam by both churches will do the rest.

Taliban, ISIS, Salafists and Boko Haram are for sure not good for the belief in god. But that's why you're thinking someone should not be a Christian?

You know, I still like the old Italian movies of Don Camillo and Peppone.

Wonderful movies.

And I think you like to have this kind of atmosphere still today in Bavaria, but it is fading day by day.

Oh by the way - do you know what had happened with the Langobards? I miss them since a few hundred years.

The point is, it was, and is in parts still today, kind of a social glue especially in smaller communities, for which we most regrettably don't have a replacement. Even an atheist to the bone can admit that without losing his face.
Maybe we better concentrate on developing that, instead of mourning and raging about the loss of an invisible sky fairy.

Good grieve - it's for me much more easy to understand a Pope from Argentinia than to understand a man in Bavaria who believes not in god. Since Bavarians are existing Bavarians were Christians. Good Christians - bad Christians - who cares? We never tried to force someone to become a Bavarian or to lose the belief in god.

Last edited:
I wonder why the op is neither of those and why it bothers them so much they need to make a thread about it.

If you are asking me, the answer is no. Going to church does not make one religious, nor does going to church make one a Christian. As for me, I am a Christian, not a religious person. Christianity and religion have little in common.

I can understand older Americans being so Patriotic and religious but younger ones too? With all the access to education American patriotism should be non existent among the younger generation and the atheist population should be above 50% like Europe!

We still value Morality, Traditional Values and Decency here in the US; unlike the rest of the world. The US is the last hope for humanity to maintain any worth.

In Europe Patriotism and Nationalism are viewed as racism and bigotry. In Europe multiculturalism is the norm and there is no criticism or opposition to immigration, many Europeans befriend and even have relationships with the immigrants, unlike here in the USA were kids complain about schools full of immigrants.

And as for religion -

UK - 90% Atheist
Ireland - 54% atheist
Portugal - 71% atheist
Spain - 75% atheist
The Netherlands - 90% atheist
Belgium - 64% atheist
Switzerland - 55% atheist
Italy - 52% atheist
Austria - 71% atheist
Germany - 88% atheist
France - 90% atheist
Norway - 97% atheist
Sweden - 99% atheist
Denmark - 98% atheist
Finland - 92% atheist
Iceland - 96% atheist

I can understand older Americans being so Patriotic and religious but younger ones too? With all the access to education American patriotism should be non existent among the younger generation and the atheist population should be above 50% like Europe!
Its going to take some time to convert the bible belters into intelligent human beings. They are the last hold outs. The north northeast northwest west athiest numbers are growing. Any big city. Only the dirty ignorant south is strictly religious.
Actually most are more intelligent than you would think. Did you know Einstein even had to admit there was a god... I don't think atheist numbers growing. I see a new revival in a belief in god. I mean if you really think we are here by chance well please explain. Science cant prove Darwin's theory of evolution.. What they are starting to prove is the existence of God. Check out vortex based mathematics and The Frequency and Sound of God = 528 Hertz. Call me a bible belter all you want. I don't lack intelligence whatsoever. I just refuse to follow in the footsteps of the ignorance being taught.

We still value Morality, Traditional Values and Decency here in the US; unlike the rest of the world. The US is the last hope for humanity to maintain any worth.
Actually that last hope is God. Although the US is trying to play God anymore.

Last edited:
In Europe Patriotism and Nationalism are viewed as racism and bigotry. In Europe multiculturalism is the norm and there is no criticism or opposition to immigration, many Europeans befriend and even have relationships with the immigrants, unlike here in the USA were kids complain about schools full of immigrants.

And as for religion -

UK - 90% Atheist
Ireland - 54% atheist
Portugal - 71% atheist
Spain - 75% atheist
Belgium - 64% atheist
Italy - 52% atheist
Austria - 71% atheist
Germany - 88% atheist
France - 90% atheist
Norway - 97% atheist
Sweden - 99% atheist
Denmark - 98% atheist
Finland - 92% atheist
Iceland - 96% atheist

Its going to take some time to convert the bible belters into intelligent human beings. They are the last hold outs. The north northeast northwest west athiest numbers are growing. Any big city. Only the dirty ignorant south is strictly religious.
Actually most are more intelligent than you would think. Did you know Einstein even had to admit there was a god... I don't think atheist numbers growing. I see a new revival in a belief in god. I mean if you really think we are here by chance well please explain. Science cant prove Darwin's theory of evolution.. What they are starting to prove is the existence of God. Check out vortex based mathematics and The Frequency and Sound of God = 528 Hertz. Call me a bible belter all you want. I don't lack intelligence whatsoever. I just refuse to follow in the footsteps of the ignorance being taught.
Dont live in the bible belt and try to tell us what you think is happening outside of it.

All they need to do to recruit you rednecks is create a holy war in the middle east. But heres the problem. The Muslim theists dont attract people to christianity. All they do is point out how dumb religion is.

Einstein lived in a time you couldn't admit you didn't believe in god so who knows what he thought. And even if he did he's only human who is wishful thinking. Cognitive dissonance.

To the OP: Speaking of Europe not opposing immigration, how's that working out? In America, LEGAL immigration is always supported by the majority, our issue is with ILLEGAL immigration. Still, ask France how that mass immigration thing is working out. "No Go Zones?" Seriously?

And Einstein didn't know what we know today. Hard to learn why there is no god before the internet. Did they put atheists on TV to debate or explain why there is no god? No

And Einstein didn't know what we know today. Hard to learn why there is no god before the internet. Did they put atheists on TV to debate or explain why there is no god? No
No but Einstein is one of the main reasons we know what we do today.. If not for people like him and Tesla we would not be where we are at.

How does the internet prove there is no God? All the internet does is spread bias opinions that people blindly follow.

No they don't because there is nothing to debate. There is no belief whatsoever so what is there to debate or defend?

And as for religion -

UK - 90% Atheist
Ireland - 54% atheist
Portugal - 71% atheist
Spain - 75% atheist
Belgium - 64% atheist
Italy - 52% atheist
Austria - 71% atheist
Germany - 88% atheist
France - 90% atheist
Norway - 97% atheist
Sweden - 99% atheist
Denmark - 98% atheist
Finland - 92% atheist
Iceland - 96% atheist

Did you know someone would have figured out the theory of relativity 2000 years before Einstein if it wasn't for religion?

And as for religion -

UK - 90% Atheist
Ireland - 54% atheist
Portugal - 71% atheist
Spain - 75% atheist
Belgium - 64% atheist
Italy - 52% atheist
Austria - 71% atheist
Germany - 88% atheist
France - 90% atheist
Norway - 97% atheist
Sweden - 99% atheist
Denmark - 98% atheist
Finland - 92% atheist
Iceland - 96% atheist

Dont live in the bible belt and try to tell us what you think is happening outside of it.

All they need to do to recruit you rednecks is create a holy war in the middle east. But heres the problem. The Muslim theists dont attract people to christianity. All they do is point out how dumb religion is.

Einstein lived in a time you couldn't admit you didn't believe in god so who knows what he thought. And even if he did he's only human who is wishful thinking. Cognitive dissonance.
I don't live in the bible belt and do more studying about the world than I do God simply because I know he exists so I can use my time wisely.

That they do... And that is the problem.. Believing in God isn't about religion. It is about simply acknowledging there is one. Religion is corrupt anymore as well. People are not true Christians and religion is not what it once was. So I know why it is so easy to disbelieve. I was there for a long time...

Einstein never believed until his later years even with being in a time where most people knew there was one so we do know what he really thought.

Why do right wingers think hate and racism are patriotic and religious?

And as for religion -

UK - 90% Atheist
Ireland - 54% atheist
Portugal - 71% atheist
Spain - 75% atheist
Belgium - 64% atheist
Italy - 52% atheist
Austria - 71% atheist
Germany - 88% atheist
France - 90% atheist
Norway - 97% atheist
Sweden - 99% atheist
Denmark - 98% atheist
Finland - 92% atheist
Iceland - 96% atheist

Did you know someone would have figured out the theory of relativity 2000 years before Einstein if it wasn't for religion?
They knew the earth was round and the size.

Forum List

Back