Why are well dressed successful people speaking out against video games?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
I think some of the points are valid. In America there is a culture of celebrity narcissism. I don't know if violent video games should be compared to junk food.
uNJ55SX.jpg

7dd8Ens.jpg

EJww5OA.jpg

What would you think of a less violent or even non violent Mass Effect game that is not aimed at the hardcore sci fi fan audience?

A Mass Effect type game meant to give casual and non gamers an optimistic picture of humanity's future. A video game about discovery and first contact.

With many cool looking aliens to meet and befriend!
combat_evolved___engineer_by_sketch_bgi-d9eai2s.png

and even romance!

The player character would have to be heroic, intelligent, and compassionate but not the typical gung ho space marine.
mass_effect_andromeda_ryders_briefing.jpg

The player would need an enemy to demonstrate their heroism and leadership skills. The enemy would probably have to be evil robots so there would be no blood.
5429296-9873076673-44554.jpg

Could such a game be successful? Would it have to be cel shaded or colorful like an Nintendo game?

I think some of the points are valid. In America there is a culture of celebrity narcissism. I don't know if violent video games should be compared to junk food.
uNJ55SX.jpg

7dd8Ens.jpg

EJww5OA.jpg

What would you think of a less violent or even non violent Mass Effect game that is not aimed at the hardcore sci fi fan audience?

A Mass Effect type game meant to give casual and non gamers an optimistic picture of humanity's future. A video game about discovery and first contact.

With many cool looking aliens to meet and befriend!
combat_evolved___engineer_by_sketch_bgi-d9eai2s.png

and even romance!

The player character would have to be heroic, intelligent, and compassionate but not the typical gung ho space marine.
mass_effect_andromeda_ryders_briefing.jpg

The player would need an enemy to demonstrate their heroism and leadership skills. The enemy would probably have to be evil robots so there would be no blood.
5429296-9873076673-44554.jpg

Could such a game be successful? Would it have to be cel shaded or colorful like an Nintendo game?

Hats off to you, Jake, and all the best. That has been a dream of mine for many, many years. Since before Grand Theft Auto, even.
young-woman-bowing-stock-picture-1724313.jpg

^^^ I second what you say. Anything that glamorizes violence should be in the trash.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. A game like Super Mario Brothers would be my only exception because what gets killed in a game like that isn't even a real creation in the first place like a person or animal.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back