Why are we still in Germany and Japan ?

I thought the war was over

Not in Afghanistan and the Middle East it's not. British and American military installations in Germany and elsewhere serve as vital assets in the chains of logistical and medical care in the war on terror. And no matter how much a shadow of its former self Russia may be, keeping a subtle eye on things over there won't do much harm, either. I mean, it's not as though they're oblivious to the fact that we still keep our respective ears to the ground when Russian affairs are concerned. Vice versa, too.

Last edited:
strategic deployment access and a place to fly the wounded to for great medical care without flying them all the way home.

Its a big world

One reason is Status of Forces agreements between nations.

The second is the Military Industrial Complex makes trillions in profits. Our economy exists on the US Dollar being the world reserve currency and the strong military. We got nothing else (but that's for a different thread)

Read Gen. Smedley Butlers' book "War is a Racket". Gen Butler is the only two time recipient of the Medal of Honor. He passed away in 1940 but his lessons on war and the military still apply today. In fact, that book (more of a pamphlet really) reads like it could have been written in the last 10 years.

without the germany bases who have great military medical facilities many US would die on the way home for treatment.

Is that what you want?

without the germany bases who have great military medical facilities many US would die on the way home for treatment.

Is that what you want?

Yeah because Germany has no other airports or hospitals except the ones we pay for.

Our military should be guarding our borders and only our borders. Period.

Last edited:
Doe we really need to station troops in a nation to have a military hostpital there?

No, we don't.

When we brought troops into the Mid East did they go through Germany or Japan"

No they didn't.

Were supplies routed though Germany or Japan?

No they weren't.

So?

Want to try again explaining why we have bases there?

There are bases that could be closed my point is the Germany one is likely not one that should be closed

...to stay in foreign entanglements & play wOrLd cOp, WoRlD CoP, world cop, WORLD COP & have a bazillion bases globally so we can stay entangled in perpetual war! I'm sure there might be a little $$$$$$$$$$ under the table too for the bigger of the shot$!!!

Forum List

Back