Why Are Walmart Prices So Cheap?

I'm sorry too, sorry you were raised that way. No one get to where they are all by themselves. And half the human beings that victims of poverty really are victims. They are children, elderly and disabled. We live in a society, not a jungle.

1. The way I was raised is neither relevant nor up for discussion. You'll do well to keep my (or anyone's) upbringing out of discussion, as it's more or less an attack on family.

2. I did not get where I am by myself. I had help from my family. They chose to help me. They were not forced. You want to force me to help people that I feel are not deserving of my help. I choose to help whom I feel is trying to help themselves.

3. If only "half" are victims, the other half aren't. In school, 50% is failing.

4. We live in a society, and in a society, we are supposed to work for the greater good of that society. Bottom feeders that don't (notice I said don't, not can't) contribute are not worthy of being a part of that society.

4. We live in a society, and in a society, we are supposed to work for the greater good of that society. Bottom feeders that don't (notice I said don't, not can't) contribute are not worthy of being a part of that society.

I agree with all of your points except for this one.

Our purpose in life is not to work for the Greater Good of the Society. That is the dangerous meme that supports Totalitarian Systems.

The purpose of a Healthy Society is to support a climate so that individuals are free pursue their own lives unmolested by the state or others.

I agree with some of your premise, but not many of your solutions. I find it ironic that the conservatives are the first to label someone a 'welfare queens' but they oppose sex education, making condoms & other preventative devises available, yet they 'claim' they are pro life. It doesn't pass the smell test.

Ah, another one of those "us vs. them" liberals.

How's this? I am neither: a conservative, opposed to sex education, or opposed to making condoms available (they are free at clinics already anyway). Yet, I still label people welfare queens, as I call things as I see them. I know, I know, I don't fit into your predetermined mold, so I'm sure you'll either not respond or respond with something irrelevant. You're good at that.

I'm sorry too, sorry you were raised that way. No one get to where they are all by themselves. And half the human beings that victims of poverty really are victims. They are children, elderly and disabled. We live in a society, not a jungle.

The very old, the very young and the infirm get a pass on my gravy train. As a member of society, we have a responsibility to each other to maintain the fabric od society, but the recognition of who is and who is not incapable is a slippery slope.

Morons like Octomom are a completely separate issue. If a gal has a second child on welfare, it's time for sterilization. Seriously! I know, I know. It's about the children.

Duomom or Octomom both have a problem that really should not be encouraged. Encouraging morons to pursue behavior that's injurious to her family and to society at large is about the children, too.

Pycho guy who likes to drink and get tattoos and sleep late and look scary is good at those things. That line of work doesn't pay much, but it's the career he's chosen. Good for him.

The guy who feels bad because his boss didn't tell him daily that he's the best employee just quit because he doesn't need to take that kind of stuff. Do I need to buy his ticket, too?

I need stuff. When I recognize this, I work to find a way to get it. Needing stuff does not entitle me to take it from you. It entitles me to find a way to pay for it. Drawing breath is the proof that I am capable, not the proof that I am deserving.

I agree with some of your premise, but not many of your solutions. I find it ironic that the conservatives are the first to label someone a 'welfare queens' but they oppose sex education, making condoms & other preventative devises available, yet they 'claim' they are pro life. It doesn't pass the smell test.
It is also ironic that since our founding, the term "entitlement" referred to aristocrats. Aristocrats had titles, and they thought that they were thereby entitled to various things, particularly the deference of the common people. But conservative rhetors have been working at remapping of language over the last 20 years.

I don't fit inot your definition. I do support all the means needed to stop the procreation of the unwanted children. This is not a morality based decision on my part, but rather one of pragmatice expediancy. I am not willing to step up to care for the unwanted child.

Obviously the parents of these children are either unwilling to step up to the same responsibility or incapable of doing so.

Our schools are filled with children who refuse to learn and are doomed to a life of illiterate limitations to their potential. Our jails are filled with adults who are the grown up versions of these same children.

A Roman Emperor, Basil, wanted to cripple the ability of an opponent to wage war on Rome. To do this, he put the eyes out of 9 of 10 of the opponent's army and instructed the tenth of this group to lead the other nine home. The blinded 90% of this number served to not only be incapable of serving in any future army but also as a weight on the aspirations of the society that had to support them.

While I am pro-life in principle, the real world practice is no different than Basil's Blinding technique of revenge and control.

Our purpose in life is not to work for the Greater Good of the Society. That is the dangerous meme that supports Totalitarian Systems.

The purpose of a Healthy Society is to support a climate so that individuals are free pursue their own lives unmolested by the state or others.

You'd make a terrible ant.

Hmm well how did Wally World sell cheaper back before offshoring was a major problem?
I recall when they emphasized Made in America sold there.

Could it be that they just did what the other retailers were doing but better?
And are still doing the same thing?

According to Iamwhatiseem, WalMart redesigns and reengineers all of the products that they sell using their world wide research and developement and world wide manufacturing and distribution systems.

According to Iamwhatiseem, WalMart is the largest design and manufacturing conglomerate on the planet. Walmart is to manufactured products what God is to Creation.

Wow...I look like a chipmunk with all the words you put in my mouth, is this your style of debate? To take what people say and blow it up into the most extreme thought you can manage to think of?

Here is what you said:

"Of course they did.
The effect of Walmart is felt even in industries that have nothing to do with them. In fact, WalMart affects industries that do not sell to them, more than those that do.
How Walmart deals with large vendors is extraordinary. So far beyond how any other business has ever done in the history of markets.
Walmart conducts business with vendors in this way:

1) Here is the price we want to sell your item for.
2) Here is what we will pay for it.
3) We understand that this is 20% below what you can sell it for and make a profit, but we want YOUR product on our shelves.
To make this happen, WalMart will...
a) provide all of the transportation costs, we will pick your product up at your factory, and we will distribute it all over the nation.
What you need to do...
a) You are buying your raw materials from Company X. We located a manufacturer in Indonesia that can provide these materials for 15% less. You will need to buy those materials from them in order to meet our price.
b) Unfortunately your assembly plant in Georgia costs $2.00 per unit to assemble. In order for us to be able to sell your product for the above price, that has to be no more than $1.20 per unit. We would like for you to be able to find a way to do that in Georgia, if not we have taken the liberty of discussing your product with Company Y in Guan Mexico. They have agreed to assemble your product for $1.15.
c) We will assume that $.05 savings, we will sell the item for $.03 less and will keep the other $.02.

Any questions?"
End Quote.

How does this differ from my charchterization of your words?

To do what you suggest WalMart is doing would require that they redesign and re-engineer every one of the roughly 50,000 products that they sell. This seems unlikely to me.

Still waiting for the link.

Yes I would make a terrible component of a hive with a caste system of slaves.

1. The way I was raised is neither relevant nor up for discussion. You'll do well to keep my (or anyone's) upbringing out of discussion, as it's more or less an attack on family.

2. I did not get where I am by myself. I had help from my family. They chose to help me. They were not forced. You want to force me to help people that I feel are not deserving of my help. I choose to help whom I feel is trying to help themselves.

3. If only "half" are victims, the other half aren't. In school, 50% is failing.

Your family wasn't the only ones who helped you. There were others like teachers, coaches and crossing guards that taught you, prodded you and made sure your dumb little ass didn't get run over by a truck.

Just for your information, those human beings you cynically refer to as 'bottom feeders' are WORKING citizens. Why don't you try to educate yourself on what has changed for the middle class in this country?

Your family wasn't the only ones who helped you. There were others like teachers, coaches and crossing guards that taught you, prodded you and made sure your dumb little ass didn't get run over by a truck.

Again, people who chose to help me. Pay attention.

Just for your information, those human beings you cynically refer to as 'bottom feeders' are WORKING citizens. Why don't you try to educate yourself on what has changed for the middle class in this country?

Actually, they aren't. When I refer to "bottom feeders" I mean those that live on welfare, food stamps, and other government programs while not working. But sure, you can make your own assumptions.

Yes I would make a terrible component of a hive with a caste system of slaves.

actually you make a wonderful component of a hive. Soldier ants, worker ants and breeding pairs all tightly regimented in caste roles. Just like mankind. Only with exoskeletons.

Apparently your commitment to being a moron is even more complete.

How's this? I am neither: a conservative, opposed to sex education, or opposed to making condoms available (they are free at clinics already anyway). Yet, I still label people welfare queens, as I call things as I see them. I know, I know, I don't fit into your predetermined mold, so I'm sure you'll either not respond or respond with something irrelevant. You're good at that.

You can call them whatever you wish. It only reflects on you.

You can call them whatever you wish. It only reflects on you.

:eusa_eh:

BigFern's, "I'm rubber and You're Glue" retort is always impressive.

:lol::lol::lol:

So Sony is an American company now?

No...did I say they was?
I tried to get a photo of RCA and G.E. plants in Mexico - but they are obviously hard to get.
Sony built the plant in Baja to keep manufacturing low to provide the cheap TV's we want.
Perot was right about NAFTA.

You should never have free trade agreements with nations on dissimilar regulation laws and standards of living.

Ever.

Till we return to a sane trade policy and kill the globalism drive in this nation, we are doomed to continue this pain.

Forum List

Back