Why Are Today's Children So FU'ed.........?

FifthColumn

Rookie
Jan 11, 2011
Here's a site that has all the answers...............maybe:

Why Students Drop Out + BoostUp.org

Dropout Reasons

There’s no single reason.

Students drop out of school for a number of different reasons—and it’s typically a combination of many issues. Here are some of the top reasons students give for leaving school:
  • Becoming a parent
  • Classes aren’t interesting
  • Failing in school
  • Family responsibilities (work, caring for siblings, etc.)
  • Parents/family/adults have low expectations
  • Poor attendance
  • Too much freedom

Warning Signs

What to watch for. There are specific factors to watch for in students who are likely to drop out of school. If you see one or more of these signs, get involved! You can give these students the Boost they need to stay in school.
  • Their peers or siblings have dropped out of school.
  • They believe their parents are too controlling and they want to rebel.
  • They don’t feel challenged in school.
  • They don’t feel high educational expectations from either their family or school.
  • They feel like they don’t fit in or have friends at school.
  • They have drug, alcohol or mental health problems.
  • They have poor learning conditions at school—such as overcrowding, high levels of violence and excessive absenteeism.
  • They have trouble with schoolwork or feel like they are not as smart as other students.
  • They regularly miss school or are frequently tardy.
  • They struggle with problems at home, including physical or verbal abuse.

Now listen to the man with all the answers:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZfFf0wOjrs&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

--------------------------------------------------------

Why not begin to make parents responsible for their own children.

Start billing parents for the days children don't show up at class.

Start bringing in the parents when children get bad grades and instruct parents how to tudor their children in various subjects.

Remove sports from schools. It is a waste of time and money and is only in schools today because sporting good companies give free equipment to schools to indoctrinate children into American's national religion: Sports!

Last edited:
I couldn't have said it better, where are the parents. They need to look in the mirror when their kids get caught behaving badly to see what the problem is. It is easier to blame the teacher, the police, their peers and the list goes on. I love the old "commit the crime do the time" why to parents not get it.

PFFT

If I could do it all over again I would have dropped out of school at 16 so I could get my GED get a degree and start a career a few years ahead of the sheep.

• Banned
PFFT

If I could do it all over again I would have dropped out of school at 16 so I could get my GED get a degree and start a career a few years ahead of the sheep.

But you still have to "know somebody" to get a good job.

Jesus already told us what was going to happen - it won't get better, it'll get worse, and worse...

Matthew 10:21
“Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22 You will be hated by everyone because of Me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

It's called sin and because of it the love of most will grow cold. (See Matthew, Chapter 24 of the Bible) Matthew 24 - PassageLookup - New International Version, ©2010 - BibleGateway.com

Particularily -
Matthew 24:12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Ch09figure6.jpg

I couldn't have said it better, where are the parents. They need to look in the mirror when their kids get caught behaving badly to see what the problem is. It is easier to blame the teacher, the police, their peers and the list goes on. I love the old "commit the crime do the time" why to parents not get it.

50+ years of people being told to let the government handle it tends to make people neglect their responsibilities.

It's not an excuse, just the truth of the matter.

The main reasons:

*Tyrannical parents (either in perception or reality)
*Domestic Violence/Abuse
*Lack of purpose/direction (people enter school and they can't find any career there they want)
*Lack of money (many people can't afford it)

Bad teaching though is the main one as some lecturers just sitting around showing notes off boards/power points and don't teach their students anything beyond the textbook leading to poor attendance and poor grades save for the most dedicated students. This thing makes me feel education has become far too commercialized, it's not really about teaching people so they can get jobs (or become good members of the workforce) but instead to make money for teachers and the educational institution.

I could be wrong but is it any surprise that students are dropping out when people fail to help them find their calling and them dump them by the roadside like debt ridden waste ($100-200 thousand) they have raped all the money from? :eusa_eh:

I can't wait to get out of university/college myself, and clean out my debts....maybe that's the main reason people drop out just there.

Last edited:
Families are under constant strain as their puchasing power erodes.

The kids are naturally going to suffer all the effects that stem from such a state of affairs.

There's damned little that schools can do to mitigate that problem.

Jesus already told us what was going to happen - it won't get better, it'll get worse, and worse...

Matthew 10:21
“Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22 You will be hated by everyone because of Me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

It's called sin and because of it the love of most will grow cold. (See Matthew, Chapter 24 of the Bible) Matthew 24 - PassageLookup - New International Version, ©2010 - BibleGateway.com

Particularily -
Matthew 24:12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

These passages could have been applied to any one of a thousand time frames in history. The woeld didnt end then, it wont now, no matter what the Mayans thought.

Forum List

Back