Why are there no calls to drag Facebook executives before Congress

Mr.Blonde

Gold Member
Feb 12, 2017
If any other founder or executive bragged that they knowingly made a product that harmed people they would be dragged before Congress except if you are Mark Zuckerberg.

I don't believe the government should do anything, but just find it funny that Congress did it with tobacco and hell with the MLB with doping.

Sean Parker: Facebook exploits vulnerability in human psychology

I got off Facebook in the beginning of the year because it wrecked a relationship with a few family members and if was doing the same thing with my wife and it is doing the same thing with most of my mother in-law's relationships.

They would have to drag every company that uses manipulative advertising before Congress.

They would have to drag every company that uses manipulative advertising before Congress.

Facebook isn't an advertisement firm. Companies use it to advertise, but it isn't itself an advertisement firm.

I am just pointing out the double standard.

I am not too worried because I think that Facebook will go the way of MySpace

I also laugh that liberals are always crying about how evil big corporations are and they need to be tightly regulated. Except for a few even when one of the founders admit that they are knowingly hurting people.

I also laugh that liberals are always crying about how evil big corporations are and they need to be tightly regulated. Except for a few even when one of the founders admit that they are knowingly hurting people.
Who can remember Bummy saying " too big to fail?"

What "harm" did Facebook impose?
Didn't the blind twits bare their own souls?
Go howl at the night sky snowflakes.

What "harm" did Facebook impose?
Didn't the blind twits bare their own souls?
Go howl at the night sky snowflakes.

What Sean Parker said:

"'It literally changes your relationship with society, with each other," he said in an interview published Wednesday night by Axios. "It probably interferes with productivity in weird ways. God only knows what it's doing to our children's brains.'

Parker on Wednesday drilled into the addictive nature of Facebook that keeps so many of us coming back. He said it's all by design, because receiving a "like" or a comment on your post gives you a little hit of dopamine.

'It's a social-validation feedback loop ... exactly the kind of thing that a hacker like myself would come up with, because you're exploiting a vulnerability in human psychology.'

'The inventors, creators ... understood this consciously," he said. "And we did it anyway.'"

I agree with you about it was their choice just like it is your choice to smoke.

People liking and commenting on my stuff had the exact opposite effect on me it used to make me mad because if the annoying notifications I got on my phone. That is one of the reasons why I got off.

Forum List

Back