Why Are Theists Afraid of Agnostics?

Co.man, if you want proof, produce it yourself. Tell me something that is going to happen in the future. People that read the Bible knew a day would come when the European nations would unite. A preacher in the sixties was called a heretic for saying so, by a Catholic Bishop, because the bishop said the Nations in Europe would NEVER give up their sovereignty. I hope he lived long enough to see the formation of the EU. That prophesy was predicted 2,000 years ago.

Tell me who will be the President of the USA in 2085.............

Agnosticism is worse than atheism. It says to God, Prove yourself to my satisfaction. Christ has given us everything we need to formulate an opinion, and because of that he was able to add this: "You are either for me or against me."
Considering the sacrifice He suffered to provide us with eternal life, those that are neither hot or cold, make Him puke.

Rev. 3:16
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth.

Do yourself a favor, and either s**t or get off the pot. ;)

Last edited:
Co.man, if you want proof, produce it yourself. Tell me something that is going to happen in the future. People that read the Bible knew a day would come when the European nations would unite. A preacher in the sixties was called a heretic for saying so, by a Catholic Bishop, because the bishop said the Nations in Europe would NEVER give up their sovereignty. I hope he lived long enough to see the formation of the EU. That prophesy was predicted 2,000 years ago.

If you want even more amazing predictions of the various bibles, the Endtimes Ministries is the place to look.

The all-seeing, all-knowing bibles contain everything you need to know.

U.S. Discovered In The Bible Endtime Ministries with Irvin Baxter

Did you know that the bibles predicted that the bibles would predict the prediction you mentioned?

I know that you can open the bible and turn on the news and see the same thing. And that you can't even tell me what will happen tomorrow.

About your insistence that the Bible has be redone by one man after another, did you know that the Dead Sea Scrolls would prove that the Bible we read today is the same as what was discovered in the scrolls, written from 200 B.C. to 68 A.D.? The Bible has been translated into other languages, but the NKJ has never been rewritten in the process. If a Bible has been altered, burn it.
I can pick up my Bible and read the same thing in Isaiah that the Jews read in the Torah, and the same thing that was in the scrolls, which weren't found until 1946. No one has touch their content for thousands of years, and what they say is the same as what I read.

If you pick up a bibles and they don't say the same thing in Isaiah that the Scrolls/Torah/NKJ burn it so it doesn't corrupt someone else. And right on prophecy cue, there are several companies that are now producing Bibles that have completely removed any mention of Christ, that any god is the right god, that Allah and God are the same, and says you can work your way to heaven, spit on those and then burn them.

And about that, you don't need any Bible to have a relationship with Christ. If you don't trust the Bible, trust in Him. Say His name. Let Him in. Let Him help. If you want to hear Him, listen.

I know that you can open the bible and turn on the news and see the same thing. And that you can't even tell me what will happen tomorrow.

About your insistence that the Bible has be redone by one man after another, did you know that the Dead Sea Scrolls would prove that the Bible we read today is the same as what was discovered in the scrolls, written from 200 B.C. to 68 A.D.? The Bible has been translated into other languages, but the NKJ has never been rewritten in the process. If a Bible has been altered, burn it.
I can pick up my Bible and read the same thing in Isaiah that the Jews read in the Torah, and the same thing that was in the scrolls, which weren't found until 1946. No one has touch their content for thousands of years, and what they say is the same as what I read.

If you pick up a bibles and they don't say the same thing in Isaiah that the Scrolls/Torah/NKJ burn it so it doesn't corrupt someone else. And right on prophecy cue, there are several companies that are now producing Bibles that have completely removed any mention of Christ, that any god is the right god, that Allah and God are the same, and says you can work your way to heaven, spit on those and then burn them.

And about that, you don't need any Bible to have a relationship with Christ. If you don't trust the Bible, trust in Him. Say His name. Let Him in. Let Him help. If you want to hear him, listen.
There's an awful lot of book worship and book burning with you christian extremists.

Have the Westboro Baptists been on a recruitment drive?

Agnosticism is worse than atheism. It says to God, Prove yourself to my satisfaction. Christ has given us everything we need to formulate an opinion, and because of that he was able to add this: "You are either for me or against me."
Considering the sacrifice He suffered to provide us with eternal life, those that are neither hot or cold, make Him puke.

Rev. 3:16
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth.

Do yourself a favor, and either s**t or get off the pot. ;)

The predictions of the bible are just as valid as Jules Verne predicting the submarine. Was Jules Verne a prophet? Other holy books have made predictions which are just as vague as those in the Bible and just as easily perceived to have come true.

What's wrong with asking God to show Himself to me? Many believers have done just that and come to be his faithful. Is it just that convincing me requires a standard of evidence that God is unwilling to provide? Were He only to show Himself to me through means that do not erase doubt and leave room for refutation why then would He be disappointed when I remain unconvinced? What's wrong with skepticism? Shouldn't God know the ways in which to convince me? If so, why doesn't He show Himself to me? I have been asked "Is there a God?" all my life. Why doesn't He answer?

What favor am I doing myself by sh*tting or getting off the pot when I do not have all the information needed to make a sound decision one way or the other?

I would guess what is wrong with asking God to show Himself to you is arrogance. There is a difference between seeking Him and giving Him an ultimatum. To the former, He says,
seek and you shall find me.
To the latter He says,
an evil and adulterous generation wants a sign, but no sign will be given to it ....

It's the difference between, "Lord if you're there please come into my heart so I can know you.", and "Prove it, if you want MY soul, dude!"

And unlike Jules Vern, or other books, 1/4 of the Bible is prophetic. And they are not vague. What is vague about, "Israel will become a Nation in one day."? Vague would read, "Israel will become a nation some day", or, "sooner or later". And then to go on and calculate the day and year? Prophecy in the Bible is precise. The Bible says the anti-christ will suffer a mortal head wound and appear to survive. What is vague about that?

Any one can see a bird fly and wonder how man might accomplish the same. Or see lightening and think how can that be harnessed to produce light in a bulb, or what if we had something that would let us stay under water for longer than a breath...
That is visionary, not prophetic.

And about that, you don't need any Bible to have a relationship with Christ. If you don't trust the Bible, trust in Him. Say His name. Let Him in. Let Him help. If you want to hear him, listen.

There's an awful lot of book worship and book burning with you christian extremists.

Not a member or proponent of that particular Baptist church. To imply that all Christians are, is to say that there is no difference between you and Lizzy Borden. :splat:

Your post is more deflecting garbage to avoid the fact that the Dead Sea Scrolls provide proof that the Bible remains true to it's content.

Last edited:
Co. man, Maybe He wants you to look at what He has already proven. That God was the author of Bible is proven by the fact that man can't duplicate the code it was written in. Take Matthew. Every vowel, every consonant, every #, the amount of nouns, every letter revolves around 7. Not only that, but the content still made sense. If you tried to put together a paragraph under the same conditions, even without the content being cohesive, you can't do it.

Not a member or proponent of that particular Baptist church. To imply that all Christians are, is to say that there is no difference between you and Lizzy Borden.

Your post is more deflecting garbage to avoid the fact that the Dead Sea Scrolls provide proof that the Bible remains true to it's content.
That's an analogy only a fundamentalist would make.

Not a member or proponent of that particular Baptist church. To imply that all Christians are, is to say that there is no difference between you and Lizzy Borden. :splat:

My, but you fundies are angry.

Of course, you are mistaken that the Dead Sea Scrolls provide proof that the Bible remains true to it's content. "Content" would suggest that the material is accurate and demonstrable. There's nothing to suggest that any of the various bibles is materially accurate and demonstrable.

To the contrary, nothing has ever been unearthed to prove the Bible anything but valid. From the House of David, to the other Kings mentioned in you know, Kings. Pick a King and then research Him for proof He was one and when He was one.
That the material is accurate is not the same as trying to recreate the material under the circumstances that Matthew wrote.
It is accurate, and in a code that man can't duplicate.

You aren't effective enough to produce anger. Who riles at funndy fundy funnnnnndy. It's so middle school.......

Who knows, she might enjoy the same aptitude as her own. They make about the same sense...
Hollie, you looking for Noah's ark? I hear you can find it in the Qur'an. :tomato:
Nope. I see the ill effects of religious extremism as exampled by your compatriots at Westboro baptist. Why would I subject myself to the dangers of christian fundamentalism.

I know, but human history usually covers communities or nations. Do you mean individual history, or are you thinking human history as a whole?

Human history. Both individual and organized accomplishments, with both positive and negative outcomes. Taken as a whole, our story is much more easily justified by considering Evolution on a dog-eat-dog world than by considering a loving Creator trying desperately to pull the heart strings of individuals and weeping over mans inhumanity to man.

The evidence of our history doesn't necessarily lead to the conclusion that God's not possible, but it does infer that, if God is, He cares nothing for human suffering and/or drama, either individual or organized, and religion of any kind is a waste of Time.

Alright, the title is sensationalistic but it got you to click my thread, right?

However, there is some truth to it. Theists almost always label all unbelievers as atheists, either not understanding that agnostics also don't believe in their God or purposely or unconsciously leaving that designation out because agnosticism is unassailable.

Theists won't debate a self-proclaimed agnostic. I think for the same reason.

Theists typically define atheists as those who believe there is no God. Atheists define themselves as either believing there is no God or not convinced there is a God. I think theists like to define atheists as making the positive claim that there is no God because that is a weaker position than the position that theists' claims are not convincing.

It's very telling. The weaker position relies on an unsubstantiated claim - really a claim that can not be rationally supported at all. A faith-based claim, if you will.

We've all heard that counter from the faithful that atheism requires more faith than theism. That doesn't work with agnosticism.

It seems as though we all recognize wherher consciously or unconsciously that agnosticism is the only rational position: that belief is irrelevant to the big questions of existence. That believing there is no God is just a irrational as believing there is. Well, not AS irrational.

There is no evidence for the existence of God, and, although theists would never admit it, lack of evidence IS evidence that supports that no God exists. It doesn't PROVE it, but it supports it.

Agnosticism is a refrain from belief. It isn't fence sitting. It isn't cowardice. Its an inability to be convinced by irrational arguments, unsubstantiated claims, and insufficient evidence. Its simply not finding convincing arguments for making a decision. Perhaps that requires a leap of faith. But truth doesn't require faith or belief - truth is truth whether one believes it or not. But to convince others of truth requires definitive evidence and to convince others to believe requires a desire to subjugate rationality for a misdirected attempt to substantiate your own beliefs.

This agnostic will wait for the evidence. Until then, I can't believe.

The ONLY thing I am afraid of is ME. I can't fuck up. My life is up to me.

Forum List

Back