Why are the R lynching Michael Steele?

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
They want to try to chase away a great asset to their party. Look being black is a huge asset, but I respect him more for his intelligence and good fiscal conservative principles!

Why the hell do they choose to embrace Palin? Palin turned out to be a meat-head! The D would lick their lips if she was the choosen one in 2012. They embrace uncharismatic Bobby Jindal, but I can't seem him beating the highly charismatic Big O in a debate.

And Steele said the right thing on abortion! Its should be left up to the states to decide! Look the more the Republicans push an agenda that appears to like the religious right the more elections they will lose! America typically likes right leaning moderates and not far right leaning religious freaks!

Huckabee, I love that you are a fair tax man, but you can take your non-belief in evolution and your non-belief that the dinosaurs never existed and stick it up your ass!

The CNN Wire - Latest updates on top stories - CNN.com Blogs
RNC chairman feeling heat
Posted: 02:48 PM ET
By Alexander Mooney
CNN
(CNN) — A chorus of leading conservatives continued to criticize Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele on Thursday over the GOP leader’s comments on abortion in an interview with GQ magazine.

Former presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, arguably the highest profile conservative to weigh in on the matter, said Steele’s subsequent clarification “doesn’t explain why he would ever say what he did in the first place.”

“For Chairman Steele to even infer that taking a life is totally left up to the individual is not only a reversal of Republican policy and principle, but it’s a violation of the most basic of human rights — the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness,” Huckabee wrote in an entry on his Web site.

In the GQ interview, Steele called abortion an “individual choice” and said the matter should be left up to the states to decide. He later issued a statement saying he has always been against abortion

I think it had something to do with him saying Limbaugh's thoughts were ugly.

We can't have Steele talking that way about the leader of the GOP.

It might be the right thing to say to you, GHook, but that interview must have pissed on the fundies in the religious right and unfortunately they are part of the GOP.

In an exchange with reporter Lisa de Paulo, transcribed and posted Wednesday night on the GQ Web site, the new Republican National Committee chairman described his background as an adopted child as showing him "the power of life ... and the power of choice."

"The choice issue cuts two ways. You can choose life, or you can choose abortion. You know, my mother chose life. So, you know, I think the power of the argument of choice boils down to stating a case for one or the other," Mr. Steele said.

The exchange then went as follows, starting with GQ: "Are you saying you think women have the right to choose abortion?" "Yeah. I mean, again, I think that's an individual choice." "You do?" "Yeah. Absolutely."

Mr. Steele then elaborated that he thought "Roe v. Wade — as a legal matter, Roe v. Wade was a wrongly decided matter," which prompted Miss DePaulo to ask: "But if you overturn Roe v. Wade, how do women have the choice you just said they should have?"

Mr. Steele responded. "The states should make that choice. That's what the choice is. The individual choice rests in the states. Let them decide."

Washington Times - Abortion a 'choice,' Steele tells GQ

And he is RIGHT to attack Rush. Rush is an elistist who parades around from his ivory tower like papa knows best! Rush is far worse for the fiscal conservative movement than anyone! Why? Because he drives more people away from fiscal conservativism than he brings to it!

And he is RIGHT to attack Rush. Rush is an elistist who parades around from his ivory tower like papa knows best! Rush is far worse for the fiscal conservative movement than anyone! Why? Because he drives more people away from fiscal conservativism than he brings to it!

I wish Steele hadn't apologized and made excuses for what he said. Rush is just another wingnut embarrassment. I don't know why congress doesn't put him in his place.

Oh well, it's their party.

Lynching?

You are a race baiter! And, a liar!

I might be race baiting, but I am not a liar! What can I say I am a fan of Steele and would actually like to case my vote this time instead of voting for the lesser evil! I was excited when Steele became the chairman, because I thought he would use it as a launching pad to run in 2012!

He has might vote, that is if Mitt Romney isn't running!

Rush speaks for most conversatives. The man has 20 million listerners for a reason.

most people who listen to rush know he's an entertainer. anyone who takes him seriously deserves what they get.

steele should never have apologized to him. made him look silly.

but the religious right must have lost their minds when he told chris matthews that abortion is a choice.

Lynching?

You are a race baiter! And, a liar!

I might be race baiting, but I am not a liar! What can I say I am a fan of Steele and would actually like to case my vote this time instead of voting for the lesser evil! I was excited when Steele became the chairman, because I thought he would use it as a launching pad to run in 2012!

He has might vote, that is if Mitt Romney isn't running!

Provide proof that Steele has been lynched. or you are a liar.

I was astounded when I heard that Steele had the stones to say what he said.

There's hope for the GOP, yet.

I wonder, I seriously wonder, what's happening in the shadows in the corridors of powwer, right now.

Could this be a serious coupe d' etat of the East coast Republican bluebloods to take back the GOP from the religious right which are, I think, really based on the American South and Southwest?

Is power poltical power shifting back to the NorthEast for the Rs and Northern Midwest for the Ds, or is this and Obama's winning the Ds just coincidence?

I cannot believe that a man like Steele accidently started a firestorm in the GOP.

And let's face it, the East Coast moderate Republicans must be sick to death of taking marching orders from the newbies (from their perspecitive) that seem to have taken over the R party in the last thirty years or so.

Last edited:

I wonder, I seriously wonder, what's happening in the shadows in the corridors of powwer, right now.

Could this be a serious coupe d' etat of the East coast Republican bluebloods to take back the GOP from the religious right which are, I think, really based on the American South and Southwest?

Is power poltical power shifting back to the NorthEast for the Rs and Northern Midwest for the Ds, or is this and Obama's winning the Ds just coincidence?

I cannot believe that a man like Steele accidently started a firestorm in the GOP.

And let's face it, the East Coast moderate Republicans must be sick to death of taking marching orders from the newbies (from their perspecitive) that seem to have taken over the R party in the last thirty years or so.

Steele also said homosexuals can no more stop being homosexual than he can stop being black. the equation of sexuality and race goes against everything the GOP has espoused for years.

Interesting analysis of yours, though. I suspect the eastern intellectual repubs ARE going to try to get the party back and re-create it in the image of people like rockefeller and javits or maybe even goldwater, etc. Whether they can do that is an entirely different question since, if you look at the repubs who kept their seats in the last election, they are the far right, southern, religious right republicans.

Steele is either brilliant or hugely stupid and about to be tossed on his keester.

If the GOP cleans house I'll come home.

but the religious right must have lost their minds when he told chris matthews that abortion is a choice.

Ahhhh...Chris Matthews...now there is a commentator for the masses! Right? I mean come'on!!! The guy gets a tingling sensation running up and down his leg at the mention of BO!

I'd guess that a lot of Repubs weren't real happy with Steele for even appearing on Hard Ball. Matthews is as bad for the left as Rush is for the right. Only difference is, Rush actually has a very large audience. Followers? To an extent, yes. Which is the reason why so many on the left dislike him so much. He is the voice of that 20 million. He says what they are thinking. And that scares the bejesus out of the left.

Steele is very deftly portraying some rebellion within the party - that is the image that must be undertaken. Voters need to believe there has been a substantial shakeup in the status quo - Americans like the idea of change even as they detest actual change.

That being said, I do believe the Christian Right leadership is being told to tone it down. Republicans will always carry a majority of the "moral" vote - where they have failed to accomplish fuller support is the all-important leadership vote.

The east coast bluebloods know this well, and are asserting some more dominance within the party - it will be a much-needed balancing act between the two significant groups that has not been done successfully since the Reagan administration. Reagan had the benefit of appealing to both groups (though the old guard Republicans sometimes viewed him as a simpleton, though that had more to do with Reagan's humble Midwest background and lack of Ivy League pedigree...)

So for now I say Steels is doing what needs to be done to give the Republicans some "shakeup" press coverage. From there the party will move to a more focused agenda, and a serious (and quite possible) run at making gains in 2010.

If the GOP cleans house I'll come home.

Please don't

New Topics

Forum List

Back