Why are the cops...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Why are the cops so fond of doughnuts? I could never figure this out. Out of all the possible snack foods, why doughnuts? I mean, why couldn't they be overly fond of hot dogs, or anything from Taco Bell? Maybe even pan cakes. Why doughnuts? Does anybody know why?

Why are the cops so fond of doughnuts? I could never figure this out. Out of all the possible snack foods, why doughnuts? I mean, why couldn't they be overly fond of hot dogs, or anything from Taco Bell? Maybe even pan cakes. Why doughnuts? Does anybody know why?

Coffee, Donuts.... 24/7. ;) Easy to deal with on the run.

Last edited:

I think its more about the coffee then the doughnuts. They hang out at starbucks now.

I think its more about the coffee then the doughnuts. They hang out at starbucks now.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Only the one's that can afford to. ;)

It's simple:

1. Donuts are relatively inexpensive, so they can be discarded with little guilt, in case of a hot call in the middle of a snack break.

2. In many areas, the donut shop is the only place open 24 hours.

3. Donuts have sugar and carbohydrates, which allow for quick energy. Donuts, coupled with the ever present cup of coffee, help keep the officers awake and alert.

4. Donut shops are usually located in centralized areas, which can be used as a meeting place for briefings between Officers of different agencies or shifts.

5. Donuts are TASTY! Can you think of anyone who DOESN'T like donuts?

It's simple:

1. Donuts are relatively inexpensive, so they can be discarded with little guilt, in case of a hot call in the middle of a snack break.

2. In many areas, the donut shop is the only place open 24 hours.

3. Donuts have sugar and carbohydrates, which allow for quick energy. Donuts, coupled with the ever present cup of coffee, help keep the officers awake and alert.

4. Donut shops are usually located in centralized areas, which can be used as a meeting place for briefings between Officers of different agencies or shifts.

5. Donuts are TASTY! Can you think of anyone who DOESN'T like donuts?

The up side for Donut Shop's is when is the last time you heard of one being robbed?????

Ever had a Krispy Kreme doughnut? I rest my case... :eusa_drool:

krispykreme.jpg

Cops eating donuts is just another incorrect sterotype, like blacks commiting crime.

Cops eating donuts is just another incorrect sterotype, like blacks commiting crime.

Correct, it is no longer a valid stereotype especially with other multiple 24/7 establishments now available besides a lot of donut shops are no longer 24 hour operations.

New Topics

Forum List

Back