Why are the Bush tax cuts bad?

No, dumbass, you don't want to know. It's been explained many times on this board - complete with charts and graphs.

Its not that the Bush tax cuts are bad. Its the theory of supply side economic that these tax cuts adhere to.

In theory tax cuts allow more money to accumulate in peoples hands. These monies are supposed to allow a "trickle down" effect as to where wealth moves from those who have it to people who work for a living.

this theory has not panned out at all, never have, never will. If it did, Bush's last term and Obama's first term would have seen some job growth. We all know, this never happened.

You can find numbers backing these facts up if you like.

Keep in mind, after Reagen used similar tax cuts he had to raise taxes to offset the growing debt. Clinton also raised taxes and we know what sort of growth we had under Clinton

Can you explain to me why the Bush tax cuts are bad? I wish to try to understand this. I thought they focused on the middle income and upwards.

The poor also benefited from the Bush tax cuts, through an increase in "refundable" child tax and earned income (welfare) credits. Also, the lowest tax brackets were expanded.

And, tax cuts for the poor have continued to increase. Refundable education credits have been added and the earned income tax credit has been expanded to three (six children between two unmarried parents), since the Bush tax cuts.

Can you explain to me why the Bush tax cuts are bad? I wish to try to understand this. I thought they focused on the middle income and upwards.

Thanks.

They were sold to the public as a means to create jobs which they have not. They added trillions to the deficit.

I hate to differ sir the salespeople have jobs should this not count as job creation

Its not that the Bush tax cuts are bad. Its the theory of supply side economic that these tax cuts adhere to.

In theory tax cuts allow more money to accumulate in peoples hands. These monies are supposed to allow a "trickle down" effect as to where wealth moves from those who have it to people who work for a living.

this theory has not panned out at all, never have, never will. If it did, Bush's last term and Obama's first term would have seen some job growth. We all know, this never happened.

Keep in mind, after Reagen used similar tax cuts he had to raise taxes to offset the growing debt. Clinton also raised taxes and we know what sort of growth we had under Clinton

What's worse is America funded two expensive wars during the Bush tax cuts which meant the money to fund these wars had to be taken from elsewhere, like building and maintaning America's infrastructure. Iraq is screwed, the American people were screwed. Haliburton was the only winner here. Coincidence?

Exactly why Americans need to think twice when casting their vote in November. Romney has not furthered himself from similar Bush polices at all, or not yet anyways.

Amnesia seems to have struck many on the right however, I trust smart, educated Americans will remember the last time the GOP was in charge, and it sucked donkey balls.

No, idiot. You clearly do not understand what "supply side" means.
If it were as yo say, then why has Obama pushed the payroll tax reduction all this time, despite it being an obvious failure?
Bush's tax cuts were a policy success. They were enacted in the year or two after 9/11 and restored the economy. Obama's tax policy is a gross failure, ushering in the weakest economic performance on record.

Exactly why Americans need to think twice when casting their vote in November. Romney has not furthered himself from similar Bush polices at all, or not yet anyways.

Amnesia seems to have struck many on the right however, I trust smart, educated Americans will remember the last time the GOP was in charge, and it sucked donkey balls.

They only need to see how the Obama policies have panned out after 3 years. It didnt just suck elephant balls. It swallowed as well.

If it were as yo say, then why has Obama pushed the payroll tax reduction all this time, despite it being an obvious failure?
Bush's tax cuts were a policy success. They were enacted in the year or two after 9/11 and restored the economy. Obama's tax policy is a gross failure, ushering in the weakest economic performance on record.
Is a payroll tax cut ''trickle down, voodoo economics, supply side economics''? hmmmmm, that's news to me....

so you think the Bush tax cuts 'restored' the economy and the fake housing BUBBLE had nothing to do with the economy doing well....until of course...it Burst?:eusa_hand:

The economic realities are not making the ouster of President Obama easy enough for these nutters. The Bush tax cuts were a political maneuver. They resulted in upward wealth redistribution and increased debt.

Thanks.

They are bad because they prevent tax revenues from paying for the amount of government spending the People's representatives are voting to spend while they are voting for the tax cuts.

You have to make the People pay for the government they get, when they get it. That is the only way to maintain fiscal balance.

Is a payroll tax cut ''trickle down, voodoo economics, supply side economics''? hmmmmm, that's news to me....

so you think the Bush tax cuts 'restored' the economy and the fake housing BUBBLE had nothing to do with the economy doing well....until of course...it Burst?:eusa_hand:

It's news to you that the payroll tax cut has been a gross failure? You need to get out more.
You think that the economy was in recession until the housing bubble, 3 years later?
Arguing with you is futile. Your base of knowledge is so poor and your ability to state arguments and defend them virtually nil.

Thanks.

They were sold to the public as a means to create jobs which they have not. They added trillions to the deficit.

I hate to differ sir the salespeople have jobs should this not count as job creation

Real funny .... So funny I forgot to laugh...

OH! now I remember... :lol:

Forum List

Back