Why Are The 2012 GOP Contenders Such Duds?

O would probably have a difficult time beating Carter right now. He's pretty much done. If Christie/Rubio ran, it would be a major woodshed beating for the Rs.

Both know better than to run against Obama. They will lay low until 2016.

Republicans will put up a sacrificial lamb in 2012. Palin would be fun

Know better? O would be smashed against those two. But yeah, they're not running in 12. O could probably still get enough to the polls for a squeaker against McCaIn. I'm not too interested in theatre for the next election though. We've got major problems that need to be fixed.

Last edited:
I would actually rather have someone good like Christie or Rubio in 2016, and let Obama serve 4 years with a GOP Congress, than have one of these mediocre turds block Christie or Rubio from running in 2016.

Why would I even care....Whoever they put up against Obama will be who I would vote for.I would even vote for ravi or rightwinger.

I'm not too interested in theatre for the next election though

there's no chance of that lbt, less they change the hollywood sign to sarahwood. or... don't say it.... bollywood, that's for the op

O would probably have a difficult time beating Carter right now. He's pretty much done. If Christie/Rubio ran, it would be a major woodshed beating for the Rs.

Know better? O would be smashed against those two. But yeah, they're not running in 12. O could probably still get enough to the polls for a squeaker against McCaIn. I'm not too interested in theatre for the next election though. We've got major problems that need to be fixed.

You only get one bite of the apple in running for president. You run in the general election and lose ......you are done. Republicans with a future including Scott Brown, Rubio and Christie will stand in the background and pay their dues....while letting someone else take their lumps against Obama.

I'm with swingvoter...none of the prospects send a thrill up my leg either.

Newt is a smart guy.

I like Palin, but she shot herself in the foot when she quit her job as Governor. VP? Maybe.

T-Paw...I don't think so.

Mitt...John Kerry II. Last on my list.

Huckabee is at the top of my list of viable candidates, I supported him over McCain in 2008. He damn near won the Missouri Republican primary in 2008, and had Mitt dropped out before, instead of after, I think he would have taken it.

..............Candidate .........Votes........ Percentage..... Counties[4]
............---------------------------------------------------------
.............John McCain
...194,053 ........32.96% ...........32
.............Mike Huckabee ..185,642 .........31.53% ............72
.............Mitt Romney .....172,329 .........29.27% ............12

Last edited:

You only get one bite of the apple in running for president. You run in the general election and lose ......you are done. Republicans with a future including Scott Brown, Rubio and Christie will stand in the background and pay their dues....while letting someone else take their lumps against Obama.

tell that to grover cleveland... well... you can't now... maybe obama will be another cleveland, of course he up and quit the senate like that...

Last edited:

tell that to grover cleveland... well... you can't now... maybe obama will be another cleveland, of course he up and quit the senate like that...

Yes Grover Cleveland, Nixon ...hasn't happened in over 40 years. Can be done...but if you are going to run, you better win. That is why they will wait

Getting a major promotion is not quitting

Yes Grover Cleveland, Nixon ...hasn't happened in over 40 years. Can be done...but if you are going to run, you better win. That is why they will wait

you think christie's interested ? i think rubio is marked with aspiration, someday

There's Tim Pawlenty, who wants to be known as "T-Paw", in a really pathetic attempt to appeal to younger voters and distinguish himself from Mitt Romney, who is afraid of offending anyone and would never do anything distinctive like call himself "M-Rom". And if you took McCain, but made him 30 years younger and three shades darker, you'd get Bobby Jindal, another uninspiring candidate who fits the GOP's current strategy of focusing on how ethnic and multicultural they are, not what new ideas they have. Now if you want someone with some interesting ideas, you can turn to Newt Gingrich, who liked being in politics so much, he left the profession so he could spend more time signing books at the Paramus Park Mall Barnes & Noble.

Palin's the only one who's got any balls, maybe because the others have had theirs squeezed away by the TSA.

Hate to say it, but at this rate, I might be voting again for the best President Jakarta has ever produced.

Maybe the past 2 years have demonstrated what happens when you elect someone with no executive experience?

you think christie's interested ? i think rubio is marked with aspiration, someday

Of course he is interested......but he will wait

I would put money on Rubio being POTUS. He's certainly looking like a great future candidate.

btw have we even bothered defining what makes a contender a dud and what makes them good?

I'm with swingvoter...none of the prospects send a thrill up my leg either.

Newt is a smart guy.

I like Palin, but she shot herself in the foot when she quit her job as Governor. VP? Maybe.

T-Paw...I don't think so.

Mitt...John Kerry II. Last on my list.

Huckabee is at the top of my list of viable candidates, I supported him over McCain in 2008. He damn near won the Missouri Republican primary in 2008, and had Mitt dropped out before, instead of after, I think he would have taken it.

Huckabee can't win the nomination if Palin gets in the race and stays with it.

You GOP types please keep up the whining over your lack of a contender for the 2012 Pres. race. It makes for good reading. Actually, it doesn't matter who the GOP wants, because you are going to get Palin, either as your Republican nominee or as the Tea Party nominee. By 2012, she will be the most recognized name in the GOP field. What with her TV show and the many public appearances. Yup, she will be yours...:lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back