Why are Tea Partiers opposed to having a safety net?

In other words, why do you think you'll never need to be supported through rough times? Our economy is rapidly changing - moving towards a knowledge based system. Outsourcing to third world countries is killing our manufacturing base and thanks to trade agreements, no one profits from that except the multinational corporations. Illegal immigrants fill the niche for unskilled labor. Few people have enough land or have sufficient water rights to produce their own food. And most middle class Americans are drowning in a sea of mortgage and credit card debt.

When Republicans say they want to stop loafers from getting free money, they are really talking about blacks or browns. I remember that video of the white guy from Mississippi who was complaining about lazy people getting food stamps. When someone yelled out, "You get food stamps", he said, "Yea, because I don't have a job". Like Craig T. Nelson saying, "I've been unemployed, I've gotten food stamps and welfare. Anyone help me out? No!".

GTFO Deany. You racist asswipe. They mean nothing of the sort.

And that is what is known as your PERSONAL CHOICE to be that generous to someone or some cause or some situation....

it is NOT a responsibility of citizen X to pay for the responsibilities, debts, wants, needs, loans, or whatever of citizen Y... it is inherently against the concept of personal freedom, private property, and liberty...

You are just too brainwashed and idiotic (or quite frankly just one of the lazy) to accept that with freedoms come positives and negatives... and with your freedom to succeed comes the freedom to fail.. and it is ALL on you.... not everyone else and not a nanny state

Can you make a policy based argument at all or does EVERYTHING come down to pure idealogy for you people? It gets old after a while.

Let me make it a bit clearer to your limited understanding. If those in need can not get the help they need, their children are more likely to grow up to become criminals who can't hold down a job. When someone with no resources is facing death by starvation, they will steal food to live. If they steal it from your house, they will either be successful and you will have your home broken into - or you will shoot them dead and blood leaves a very, very nasty stain and the cops will be all up in your business

Have you ever been out of the country?

Have you ever tried to help the daughter of a Crack Mom? You think you're safety net is gonna guarantee a different outcome? It's the arrogance of the Leftists who ASSUME they're doing God's work simply by writing a bigger tax check that appalls me.

I've chased after a family addict before. It's pretty futile til they hit bottom. Too bad for the kid -- but I don't really like "wards of the state" either. Even after the addict got relatively clean, I've had futile episodes of trying to modify the outcome.. It's NOT ANYTHING like writing a check. IN FACT -- writing a check is one of the WORST things you can do to help.
Correction, my dear: Leftists assume they're doing God's work by forcing others to write a bigger tax check.

Can you make a policy based argument at all or does EVERYTHING come down to pure idealogy for you people? It gets old after a while.

Let me make it a bit clearer to your limited understanding. If those in need can not get the help they need, their children are more likely to grow up to become criminals who can't hold down a job. When someone with no resources is facing death by starvation, they will steal food to live. If they steal it from your house, they will either be successful and you will have your home broken into - or you will shoot them dead and blood leaves a very, very nasty stain and the cops will be all up in your business

Have you ever been out of the country?

Have you ever tried to help the daughter of a Crack Mom? You think you're safety net is gonna guarantee a different outcome? It's the arrogance of the Leftists who ASSUME they're doing God's work simply by writing a bigger tax check that appalls me.

I've chased after a family addict before. It's pretty futile til they hit bottom. Too bad for the kid -- but I don't really like "wards of the state" either. Even after the addict got relatively clean, I've had futile episodes of trying to modify the outcome.. It's NOT ANYTHING like writing a check. IN FACT -- writing a check is one of the WORST things you can do to help.
Correction, my dear: Leftists assume they're doing God's work by forcing others to write a bigger tax check.

And then Claiming JESUS said so.

California is glaring evidence of the catastrophic failure of liberal policy. The most liberal state in the union, lead by idiot liberal politicians for the overwhelming majority of the past 50+ years, the state is failing miserably with a $16 billion deficit. I hope they do raise taxes - because it will cause them to have more businesses leave, higher unemployment, and an even larger deficit. Of course, the idiot liberal will still ignore reality and pretend it's not their policy that is the cause. *But at least the rest of America will see the truth.

"Firms, people, investments, and tax revenues are fleeing California, repelled by the most onerous antigrowth business environment in the United States,” Arthur Laffer writes in City Journal.

“California’s after-tax rate of return for doing business lags so far behind other states… that the exodus shouldn’t surprise anyone. Yet the state’s Democratic leadership is pushing a November ballot measure aimed at raising income and sales taxes in order to make up*for lost revenue,” he adds.

Although Laffer — himself a member of the California exodus — has lobbied for a flat tax in the broken state for years, his efforts have been met with little success. However, now that California’s financial crisis has taken on comical proportions, an embarrassing $16 billion shortfall, maybe — just maybe — state lawmakers will listen to what he has to say.

“California needs is a radical tax overhaul — to be precise, a single, low-rate flat tax. Such a reform would spur a renewal of economic activity and investment while continuing to raise the revenues that the state needs,” Laffer writes, arguing that the idea of taxing oneself into prosperity is absurd.

Why are Tea Partiers opposed to having a safety net?

white-coats.png

'Cause it means they're goin'-back to the happy-house????

:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back