Why are some threads closed without explanation?

BuckToothMoron

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2016
i posted in 2 threads today that have since been closed. Was it arbitrary, or how does one find why particular threads are closed?

i posted in 2 threads today that have since been closed. Was it arbitrary, or how does one find why particular threads are closed?
They think boards still work the way they did 20 years ago. Don't want to post in a thread that has 300 replies so you post in the new one?
Mods:
ezgif-3-7dd2ed45aba1.gif

Threads are usually closed when the OP asks for them to be closed. It could also be that there are other threads on the subject, but the person that started it did NOT bother to check first. Threads also get closed for being off-topic.

Threads are usually closed when the OP asks for them to be closed. It could also be that there are other threads on the subject, but the person that started it did NOT bother to check first. Threads also get closed for being off-topic.

Why do you close threads without explanation? If your kid screwed up would you punish them with out telling them why? Give a damn reason so people know and hopefully don’t repeat the mistake.

Why do you close threads without explanation? If your kid screwed up would you punish them with out telling them why? Give a damn reason so people know and hopefully don’t repeat the mistake.
Wow! You’re so brave.

FYI: I post a mod note in the threads I close. I can't comment for those that don't do that.

Discussing mod actions is a good way to get a post, or even a thread, closed.

Notes are usually inserted, or the person is contacted via PM, as to the reason

Wow! You’re so brave.

You never miss an opportunity to make an ass out of yourself, do ya?

Forum List

Back