Why are some so Anti GW?

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Many people are rabidly fixated on being anti Globull Warming.

I personally believe Globull Warming is happening.
And I believe we are contributing to it.
I do not believe in Cap and charade.
Just Cap if we are going to do anything.

Can't you be against Cap and Charade and still believe Globull Warming exists?

I don't think people are rabidly against global warming----they are rabidly against the hysteria generated by those who will profit from it.

There is no sound scientific evidence that points to any long term rising of temperatures. Further the amount that it has risen is well within norms for every century going back for several.

I don't think people are rabidly against global warming----they are rabidly against the hysteria generated by those who will profit from it.

In the long term we will all profit by being greener and more saving with our energy.

Are you against economic recovery for the same reason? Many will profit from it.

Just my personal opinion on the matter here, but I like to believe that most people have a love for the environment and don't care much for pollution. However, when it comes to Global Warming, many believe that it has become a marketing tool to enrich those in the so called "green business" rather than as real science to promote good environmental policy. Just look at one of it's biggest champions , the former VP, while he seems passionate on the subject, it doesnt help much that he also owns a carbon credit trading firm at the same time promoting the dangers of global warming, thats called creating a market. The science of Global Warming is also far from settled, and to even suggest that the science is settled is laughable, considering that even some of those on the IPCC were suggesting a Global Ice Age many years ago and there are many examples of hedging data, outright fabrication, and mythical conclusions that this settled science is supposed to rely on. The real sad thing in all this, is that if we wish to be good environmental stewards then perhaps the best way, is to actually apply common sense solutions to matters of energy, transportation, etc. rather than using a data set or marketing term based on junk science to enrich a few at the expense of everyone. If you want wind power, solar power, geo-thermal, nuclear, natural gas etc. then I submit we can do all those and still be good stewards of our environment without having to narrow our minds to this one religion of man made global warming that Dr. Mann's voodoo tree ring science has now placed on us all. If you think , I'm off base then just have a look one day at the companies that support climate change bills like cap and trade and use Global Warming as its mantra for doing so. These people have zero interest in the environment and their only interest is in profits through using a tool to create market, if people resist that tool then they will legislate it into existance.

Why are some so Anti GW?

They have a low tolerance for Al Gore and junk science. And global warming is happening. Even Mars suffers from GW.

Ahh so it is the messenger and not the message that is hated?

I figured this to be a part of it.

The message is suspect also. There is no sound scientific evidence that long term global warming is occurring. No one has the scientific wherewithal or understanding to make such a claim based on the short period that warming did occur.

Warming pretty much stopped in 1998. At least any significant warming. The warming that occurred was a short spike of about 1/3 of a degree in about 15 years.

The Earth functions in cycles. No one has a valid temperature record going back far enough to validate a claim that a long term warming period will occur.

Further with the supposed culprit being CO2 science shows that CO2 follows rising temperatures it does not precede it. And the last few years are evidence that CO2 is not the cause of the short term spike as CO2 continues to rise but temperatures do not.

What is real funny is the insistence all during the short spike that the Sun had nothing to do with it, while we had evidence that every planet we could check temperatures on was also seeing global warming occurring. Now that the warming has stopped and the sun is in decline NOW it IS the suns fault temperatures are not rising anymore. Claimed by the EXACT same people that INSISTED the Sun had nothing to do with it when it was warming.

Why are some so Anti GW?

They have a low tolerance for Al Gore and junk science. And global warming is happening. Even Mars suffers from GW.

Ahh so it is the messenger and not the message that is hated?

I figured this to be a part of it.

No... not the messenger... but the fact that the messenger is twisting things around to cause hysteria and profit from it... not to mention adding more government power because of the hysteria

For the same opposition would be seen from me and many others if it were a prominent republican saying the same type of thing and supporting the same type of MANDATED actions

From what I have gathered we are at a low solar output cycle. That iw why the CO2 is not impacting the temp as it should. Once the solar cycle flops to higher output then you will likely see the CO2's impact on warming. But of course it will be denied and all blamed on the solar cycle.

People have trouble accepting that our world is finite and destroyable by humans.

From what I have gathered we are at a low solar output cycle. That iw why the CO2 is not impacting the temp as it should. Once the solar cycle flops to higher output then you will likely see the CO2's impact on warming. But of course it will be denied and all blamed on the solar cycle.

People have trouble accepting that our world is finite and destroyable by humans.

Yet the same solar cycle is warming Mars.. with practically no atmosphere...

The funny thing is that none of these theories have even come close to being proven... yet the global warming 'chicken littles' have no problems stating the theories as true and trying to force them down everyone else's throats... and trying to force their industry and freedom control agendas down everyone else's throats as well

So let me get this right? The sun has nothing to do with WARMING cycles but does have something to do with cooling cycles?

Another little scientific fact. CO2 has a diminishing effect on heat as it increases in the atmosphere.

This globull Worming thing is so full full of bull and cherry picking by both sides the truth is totally obscured if it exists. Of course that could be the goal...

The peer-reviewed science in incontrovertable. Climate change is happening and human activity is contributing to it.
The only serious scientific debate is on the degree (pardon the pun) to which human activity is contributing.
There has not been a single piece of peer-reviewed scientific research that has challenged this premise. Oh yes, there have been op-ed pieces by "scientists" who refuse to submit their "work" for rigorous scientific review.

The scientific debate is no debate.

The political debate rages because of the messenger issue you raise which is also undeniable. But it also rages because of the profit motive that has been raised. One one hand those who are profiteering by polluting want to protect their golden egg - those who hope to profit from new, cleaner energy sources would of course like to see regulations give their industry (and their pocketbooks) a boost.

The science does not appear to support the extremist chicken little argument that some have made in an effort to scare people into supporting regulation. It also doesn't support the "there is no real proof this is happening" argument that the extremists on the other side claim in order to protect their golden eggs.

As usual, the truth lies in between the caterwalling of the extremists.

Last edited:
Nodog.
So many are just willing tools of those profiting brom BAU that contributes to globull worming?

The peer-reviewed science in incontrovertable. Climate change is happening and human activity is contributing to it.
The only serious scientific debate is on the degree (pardon the pun) to which human activity is contributing.
There has not been a single piece of peer-reviewed scientific research that has challenged this premise. Oh yes, there have been op-ed pieces by "scientists" who refuse to submit their "work" for rigorous scientific review.

The scientific debate is no debate.
The political debate rages because of the messenger issue you raise which is also undeniable. But it also rages because of the profit motive that has been raised. One one hand those who are profiteering by polluting want to protect their golden egg - those who hope to profit from new, cleaner energy sources would of course like to see regulations give their industry (and their pocketbooks) a boost.

The science does not appear to support the extremist chicken little argument that some have made in an effort to scare people into supporting regulation. It also doesn't support the "there is no real proof this is happening" argument that the extremists on the other side claim in order to protect their golden eggs.

As usual, the truth lies in between the caterwalling of the extremists.

Your asserting your belief does not make it true.... but nice try... the scientific debate is definitely debatable on all aspects of the assertions.. including the man-made aspect if somewhere PROOF is actually given that we are out of a normal cycle that the earth has never seen, and also including so actual PROOF that this is indeed an abnormal cycle (which has not been shown at all)

Here is a real example of "Global Warming" and because there are no human beings there to contribute to it does seem that perhaps "Global Warming" might just be a natural process that this planet goes through.

The temperature of the uppermost layer of Venus's clouds averages about 55 degrees F (13 degrees C). However, the temperature of the planet's surface is about 870 degrees F (465 degrees C), higher than that of any other planet and hotter than most ovens.

The plants and animals that live on the Earth could not live on the surface of Venus, because of the high temperature. Astronomers do not know whether any form of life exists on Venus, but they doubt that it does.

Most astronomers believe that Venus's high surface temperature can be explained by what is known as the greenhouse effect. A greenhouse lets in radiant energy from the sun, but it prevents much of the heat from escaping. The thick clouds and dense atmosphere of Venus work in much the same way. The sun's radiant energy readily filters into the planet's atmosphere. But the large droplets of sulfuric acid present in Venus's clouds -- and the great quantity of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere -- seem to trap much of the solar energy at the planet's surface.
NASA - Venus

The sun make a GREAT contribution to this so called greehouse effect i.e. global warming and to dismiss the Sun as the engine that drives any rise in global temps. its just as outlandish as creating a hockey stick graph and omitting temp. data to favor the results.

Forum List

Back