Why are some people Racists?

The question that comes up for me reading this thread, is why can't we even talk about racism and acknowledge it's existence? People are racist. Racism is an attitude. Attitudes are learned. If you're racist, you can change.

It's pretty fucking crazy to suggest that we 'can't even talk about racism' when it's the one thing we talk about ad nauseum. Only, it's a one-way conversation: it's always whites who are bad, and everyone else who's good.

Nonsense...therer is tons of anti-White racism in this world. Nobody I know who is a thinking liberal doubts that for one moment.

How could we? We've all experienced it personally, William.

The thing we can't talk aobut is how WHITES feel about race relations. No matter what they say, it's the wrong thing.

You mean how you feel about racism? Yeah, you take a fair amount of crap for speaking honestly about how you feel, no doubt.

[/quote]'Racism' is pretty poorly defined for many. Often it just means, "something we liberals don't like."[/quote]

Yeah, stupid liberals define it that way, no doubt.

Smarts ones don't.

Last edited:
That last bit is just common sense. Like having "up", means there's a "down"... big means there must be a small, etc.
Thank you for demonstrating the liberal inability to understand modern economics.

So... tell me how you can have rich without poor.
Or any comparative term without its opposing flipside.
Increased productivity brings the cost of widgets down from 8 man hours each, say, to one hour. Now more people can afford widgets, even the man who works for the factory that makes them.

Is that really so hard to understand?

Because people always want to feel like they are better than someone else.

I might be poor, but at least i'm not black, or hispanic, or whatever.

Its a way to fool broke white voters into voting Republican, when they would probably be better off voting with poor blacks. The things that poor black community wants, so do the poor white communities. Better schools, police, fire and ambulance, roads, jobs, etc.

Or do poor whites feel like they have more in common with rich whites than they do with poor blacks?

Its a way to fool broke white voters into voting Republican, when they would probably be better off voting with poor blacks. The things that poor black community wants, so do the poor white communities. Better schools, police, fire and ambulance, roads, jobs, etc.

Or do poor whites feel like they have more in common with rich whites than they do with poor blacks?
Since you've committed this logical fallacy so perfectly and so consistent with the published example I've quoted it in its entirety.
Non Sequitur ("It does not follow"). This is the simple fallacy of stating, as a conclusion, something that does not strictly follow from the premises. For example, "Racism is wrong. Therefore, we need affirmative action." Obviously, there is at least one missing step in this argument, because the wrongness of racism does not imply a need for affirmative action without some additional support (such as, "Racism is common," "Affirmative action would reduce racism," "There are no superior alternatives to affirmative action," etc.)
. Logical Fallacies and the Art of Debate

:lol:

CaféAuLait;1087450 said:
You resent that black people voted for Obama? Plenty of people, black and white, voted for and elected Barack Obama as President.

How did you extrapolate that? I said those voting for Obama based on the color of his skin was racism pure and simple.

You have no proof that anyone voted for Obama based solely on the color of his skin.

I'd love to hear the answer to that. I suspect whites feel they have more in common with other whites regardless of socioeconomic status.

Unless, they have been politicized otherwise.

I'd love to hear the answer to that. I suspect whites feel they have more in common with other whites regardless of socioeconomic status.

Do you believe black people are any different in this respect?

Racism comes from a feeling of superiority ... and blacks feel it as much as whites ... even us Jews feel it from time to time (but we are superior in every way anyway *ducks*) ... ahem ... anyhow back to the seriousness ... the problem isn't from racism, it's only when the laws restrict access based on race, religion, lifestyle, etc. that this is a real issue. Just by bringing it up you prove you are racists ... just by noticing "hey, they are different than me" you are showing racism. Though not all stereotypes are true they are often based on personal experience. I know that most the black people I pass are decent people, just like most the white people I pass. This is because I haven't been hurt by any more of one than the other, not because I am not racist. However anyone who looks like they are junkies or who acts like one I would sooner kick their teeth in before giving them the time of day regardless of skin color, gender, etc. because I have seen nothing but bile come from most them.

Adopting stereotypes from other people is wrong, but for one important reason, it prevents you from experiencing your own life. Treating people based only on stereotypes is also wrong but unavoidable. As I have said, if you are white go to Indianapolis with nothing but the clothes on your back and try to get somewhere, you will see racism on the other foot, but that is on city, most cities this is not a problem on either side. For example in Seattle, if one business decides not to hire as many black people it wouldn't matter, there are some businesses who won't hire many white people as well, but the laws force their hands and often instead of creating equality they are forcing us consumers to have to deal with idiots just because they are black, female, hispanic, or even Jewish. Seriously ... the ACLU needs to be shut down and their supporters need to get a life.

Racism comes from a feeling of superiority ... and blacks feel it as much as whites ... even us Jews feel it from time to time (but we are superior in every way anyway *ducks*) ... ahem ... anyhow back to the seriousness ... the problem isn't from racism, it's only when the laws restrict access based on race, religion, lifestyle, etc. that this is a real issue. Just by bringing it up you prove you are racists ... just by noticing "hey, they are different than me" you are showing racism. Though not all stereotypes are true they are often based on personal experience. I know that most the black people I pass are decent people, just like most the white people I pass. This is because I haven't been hurt by any more of one than the other, not because I am not racist. However anyone who looks like they are junkies or who acts like one I would sooner kick their teeth in before giving them the time of day regardless of skin color, gender, etc. because I have seen nothing but bile come from most them.

Adopting stereotypes from other people is wrong, but for one important reason, it prevents you from experiencing your own life. Treating people based only on stereotypes is also wrong but unavoidable. As I have said, if you are white go to Indianapolis with nothing but the clothes on your back and try to get somewhere, you will see racism on the other foot, but that is on city, most cities this is not a problem on either side. For example in Seattle, if one business decides not to hire as many black people it wouldn't matter, there are some businesses who won't hire many white people as well, but the laws force their hands and often instead of creating equality they are forcing us consumers to have to deal with idiots just because they are black, female, hispanic, or even Jewish. Seriously ... the ACLU needs to be shut down and their supporters need to get a life.

Agreed.

You have no proof that anyone voted for Obama based solely on the color of his skin.
Sure we do- just look at the percent of each race who voted for him in the primary v Hillary. Their policies were basically the same. If any is over 50%, then that amount over 50 are racists. *shrug*

Hillary and Obama's policies were basically the same? Did you even pay attention to them?

The notion that every black voter for Obama sat there and went through his policy proposals with a fine-tooth comb, comparing them to McCain's, and decided based on THAT to vote for Obama is...

insane.

I sure did.

You must not have ...

... McCain and Hillary had almost the exact same answers on everything dealing with the war and economy, while Obama was just giving empty promises with unrealistic plans. Hillary also opposed almost half of Obamas points, not completely opposite but somewhere between Obama and McCain.

So no, you weren't paying attention, you just noted which part they were in.

Do you believe black people are any different in this respect?

Did I say that?

I happen to belong to the white race. My people are responsible for every technological, and scientific advancement in modern history. We took many of the people who now call us names out of caves and trees - we civilized them. We let them live amonst us in relative peace, we treat them as equals.

I can't help it. I must say though I'm glad I was born WASP.

You must not have ...

... McCain and Hillary had almost the exact same answers on everything dealing with the war and economy, while Obama was just giving empty promises with unrealistic plans. Hillary also opposed almost half of Obamas points, not completely opposite but somewhere between Obama and McCain.

I think you're full of shit on this one. I'm much more interested in politics than most people, so understand the difference in candidates more so than the average voter. The obvious, and much more likely, conclusion is that Democrats, especially black Democrats, chose based on race.

You must not have ...

I think you're full of shit on this one. I'm much more interested in politics than most people, so understand the difference in candidates more so than the average voter. The obvious, and much more likely, conclusion is that Democrats, especially black Democrats, chose based on race.

Well duh, of course they voted black. Everyone knows that. Some people pretend like that ist the case, but cmon, is anyone here under the impression it was just blind luck that made 95% of all black votes go to the black candidate? Can we at least be honest here?

There really is no such thing as a racist in the USA, only people who disagree with Israel and those who feel Affirmative Action is wrong.

Forum List

Back