Why are some people Racists?

It is far easier (and lazy) to just assume things, and slap a label on them.

I get this all the time from people I know that are liberals. I get called a racist and a homophobe pretty regularly.

I'm sure you know this, but if a liberal calls you that it means nothing. Liberals are intolerant and racist by default. Their opinion of you is worthless.

I love satire - well said.

What is their major malfunction?
Some believe that they have to have someone lower them them in order to get ahead. Its the same "zero sum game" that liberals believe about the economy, that in order to be rich, there must be poor.

That last bit is just common sense. Like having "up", means there's a "down"... big means there must be a small, etc.

"Racism isn't born, folks, it's taught. I have a two-year-old son. You know what he hates? Naps!" Dennis Leary

Racism is learned in the same way we learn differences about all things. I am better than you. You think you are better than me. We don't know each other so we stay in our fog. So someone tells you I am an XYZ. Hmm, and XYZs are not good. Hmm, why, because someone has to be bad and XYZs are bad. But I think ABCs are bad, notice they look different, or dress different, or their culture is different. Ah but my XYZ culture is the better culture. And your XYZ culture is diluting my culture and soon the neighborhood will be full of ABCs. And I knew an XYZ who was lazy, aren't all XYZs lazy. ABCs aren't lazy. But I know an ABC who is lazy, aren't all ABCs lazy. And so it goes, add peer pressure, add identity, add immaturity, add being human, add different, add religion.... This morning I woke up and my mind was cleared, no assumptions and what did I see a hard working ABC and I thought ABCs are hard working and then I thought but what am I.

"We learn to be racist, therefore we can learn not to be racist. Racism is not genetical. It has everything to do with power." Jane Elliot

"Start with an empty canvas
Sketch in broad outline the forms of
men, women, and children.

Dip into the unconsciousness well of your own
disowned darkness
with a wide brush and
stain the strangers with the sinister hue
of the shadow.

Trace onto the face of the enemy the greed,
hatred, carelessness you dare not claim as
your own.

Obscure the sweet individuality of each face.

Erase all hints of the myriad loves, hopes,
fears that play through the kaleidoscope of
every infinite heart.

Twist the smile until it forms the downward
arc of cruelty.

Strip flesh from bone until only the
abstract skeleton of death remains.

Exaggerate each feature until man is
metamorphasized into beast, vermin, insect.

Fill in the background with malignant
figures from ancient nightmares – devils,
demons, myrmidons of evil.

When your icon of the enemy is complete
you will be able to kill without guilt,
slaughter without shame.

The thing you destroy will have become
merely an enemy of God, an impediment
to the sacred dialectic of history."

Sam Keen

• Thanks
Reactions: B94
Why are people racist? What is their major malfunction?

Let me ask you this? Are you one of those who think that only white people can be racist?

We have freinds who moved from California here to Texas. They are native americans and are often mistaken for Mexicans. My California friend expressed to me that she did not want to move to Texas, because Texans are so racist. Myself, being born and raised in Texas, I could only think of one response.

"I know, the Mexicans hate the white people". And believe it or not her daughter jumped in an replied, "Yes, mom, it is true. Everyone thinks I am a Mexican. And they do hate the white kids".

I don't like our president, but that does not make me a racist. I am against his politics period.

No Bush comments plesase. I am not a Bushbot.

duh. if you have a microwave and a vehicle you are obviously filthy fucking rich..

:rofl:

The question that comes up for me reading this thread, is why can't we even talk about racism and acknowledge it's existence? People are racist. Racism is an attitude. Attitudes are learned. If you're racist, you can change.

Last edited:
The question that comes up for me reading this thread, is why can't we even talk about racism and acknowledge it's existence? People are racist. Racism is an attitude. Attitudes are learned. If you're racist, you can change.

Given the fact you are in the "Race Relations/Racism" sub-forum shows people do speak about it and acknowledge its existence.

Some people think racism no longer exists.

Oh it exists all right from all sides -- it was alive an well during this past presidential campaigned. Funny we heard from some white people who hate blacks on the news daily-- but it was never discussed about many, many black people voting for Obama based on the color of his skin only-- racism, pure and simple.

You resent that black people voted for Obama? Plenty of people, black and white, voted for and elected Barack Obama as President.

It's pretty fucking crazy to suggest that we 'can't even talk about racism' when it's the one thing we talk about ad nauseum. Only, it's a one-way conversation: it's always whites who are bad, and everyone else who's good.

The thing we can't talk aobut is how WHITES feel about race relations. No matter what they say, it's the wrong thing.

'Racism' is pretty poorly defined for many. Often it just means, "something we liberals don't like."

It's pretty fucking crazy to suggest that we 'can't even talk about racism' when it's the one thing we talk about ad nauseum. Only, it's a one-way conversation: it's always whites who are bad, and everyone else who's good.

The thing we can't talk aobut is how WHITES feel about race relations. No matter what they say, it's the wrong thing.

'Racism' is pretty poorly defined for many. Often it just means, "something we liberals don't like."

Actually, that was really well said.

Any white person who thinks whites cannot and do not discuss racism or even actively demonstrate it, is a fool. When I was in the south, not that very long ago they still had separate facilities. You fools do remember it was LBJ and MLK who fought for simple human rights. Your complaint now is not about racism - it may always exist until we kill most humans and then decide maybe all this hatred isn't a good thing after all - it is about equality and the other person having something you fools want only for yourself only, and that is power and privilege. It is why racism like fascism is a conservative person's trait, it is something you believe in, hierarchy and privilege.

Oh, by the way William did you check to make sure all your grandparents were lily white? 2048 going back just ten generations.

Linn Washington Jr.: Racism in America and Other Uncomfortable Facts

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Thus people haunted by the purposelessness of their lives try to find a new content not only by dedicating themselves to a holy cause but also by nursing a fanatical grievance." Eric Hoffer

Your complaint now is not about racism - it may always exist until we kill most humans and then decide maybe all this hatred isn't a good thing after all - it is about equality and the other person having something you fools want only for yourself only, and that is power and privilege.

Power and privilege aren't commodities to be divided and handed out -- they're either inherited, earned or fought for. If you want power, you'll have to work to get it. White domination of North America came about in part because we KILLED THE PEOPLE ALREADY HERE. That was no "unearned privilege," by God.

Now we whites are ready to give all the power away. There's something about not having had to work for something that translates into a failure to understand its value.

The next generation of whites will have to be a little tougher. We'll be fighting for our very survival as minorities in a nation populated with those who hate us and will never forgive us for slavery or anything else.

Your complaint now is not about racism - it may always exist until we kill most humans and then decide maybe all this hatred isn't a good thing after all - it is about equality and the other person having something you fools want only for yourself only, and that is power and privilege.

Power and privilege aren't commodities to be divided and handed out -- they're either inherited, earned or fought for. If you want power, you'll have to work to get it. White domination of North America came about in part because we KILLED THE PEOPLE ALREADY HERE. That was no "unearned privilege," by God.

Now we whites are ready to give all the power away. There's something about not having had to work for something that translates into a failure to understand its value.

The next generation of whites will have to be a little tougher. We'll be fighting for our very survival as minorities in a nation populated with those who hate us and will never forgive us for slavery or anything else.

Poor old William Joyce and the white race that your now trying to pass off as future victims of racism. The white race has learned that racism is wrong and other races are capable of doing just as good as anyone else. When will you catch up? This is about equality for all and the end of racism.

Last edited:

Poor old William Joyce and the white race that your now trying to pass off as future victims of racism. The white race has learned that racism is wrong and other races are capable of doing just as good as anyone else. When will you catch up? This is about equality for all and the end of racism.

...but white people are the least racist of all racial groups in the US. White people are doing just fine, but im in agreement, racism blows and people need to quit blaming their own problems on other races. Its racist.

... Its the same "zero sum game" that liberals believe about the economy, that in order to be rich, there must be poor.

That last bit is just common sense. Like having "up", means there's a "down"... big means there must be a small, etc.
Thank you for demonstrating the liberal inability to understand modern economics.

So... tell me how you can have rich without poor.
Or any comparative term without its opposing flipside.

CaféAuLait;1087432 said:
Some people think racism no longer exists.

Oh it exists all right from all sides -- it was alive an well during this past presidential campaigned. Funny we heard from some white people who hate blacks on the news daily-- but it was never discussed about many, many black people voting for Obama based on the color of his skin only-- racism, pure and simple.

It was never discussed?

I was discussed, reported, quantified and discussed some more.

You need to read more, I think.

Forum List

Back