Why are so many more jobs created by Democratic presidents?

You must have missed how Obama brought the unemployment rate to double digits and it's still very high.

Um, what?

Clinton had nothing to do with balancing the budget, or else I hate math?

And the CBO says that?

Where?

Damn, not only do you hate math, you can't read.

I said that, according to the CBO, Clinton's policies had nothing to do with the projected surplus. The dot com bubble increased revenue higher than it has ever been before, that had nothing to do with anything that Clinton did. Here is the report, you can skip to page 7 to find the part I am talking about. Or you can keep believing that the world works by magic, your choice.

CBO | The Budget and Economic Outlook: An Update

The report says the Clinton surpluses were primarily due to a strong and growing economy. I take it you think Clinton had nothing to do with that?
I think that it was great that he signed republican budgets.

According to the WaPo fact check, the Republicans over the time period actually 'created' more private sector jobs. That fact is just as irrelevant as the one cited by Clinton, regardless of either parties 50 year record, all that matters in the coming election is what Obama hasn't done-Get Americans back to work!

In his speech last night, Bill Clinton said,

Since 1961, for 52 years now, the Republicans have held the White House 28 years, the Democrats 24," Clinton said. "In those 52 years, our private economy has produced 66 million private-sector jobs. So what's the jobs score? Republicans 24 million, Democrats 42 (million)." In the packed convention hall, it was one of the night’s biggest applause lines.

42 million vs. 24 is a big difference. Why are so many more jobs created under Democrats?

Things like raising minimum wage, supporting collective bargaining, helping people pay for education grows the economy from the middle out. That works. Trickle down doesn't. A dollar given to a poor person is going to create more jobs than a dollar given to the wealthy.

Glad I skipped the last 5 pages if BS like this is what was on them.

Raising the minimum wage doesn't help create jobs, it helps to REDUCE them.

Last edited:
You must have missed how Obama brought the unemployment rate to double digits and it's still very high.

Why didn't the GOP give him the same tools as they gave Reagan, Bush 1, and Bush 2, and allow funding for more government jobs? It's not like there isn't a shortage of police, fire fighters, and teachers in the states.

In his speech last night, Bill Clinton said,

Since 1961, for 52 years now, the Republicans have held the White House 28 years, the Democrats 24," Clinton said. "In those 52 years, our private economy has produced 66 million private-sector jobs. So what's the jobs score? Republicans 24 million, Democrats 42 (million)." In the packed convention hall, it was one of the night’s biggest applause lines.

42 million vs. 24 is a big difference. Why are so many more jobs created under Democrats?

Cuz democrats create government jobs like 5 guys standing around doing nothing while only one guy is actually needed for the job.
Exactly their claim to fame is lets expand government until we all pay 90% taxes into the Utopia :lol: reminds me of a cult

The report says the Clinton surpluses were primarily due to a strong and growing economy. I take it you think Clinton had nothing to do with that?

Yes, I think that, so did the CBO.

Not that I'm looking to beat a dead horse here, but again, that's not what it said. It said the growth in the economy created the surpluses. It said nothing about whether Clinton had something to do with that growth. Maybe he didn't. That's obviously what you think. But it's not what the CBO said.

I see, you stopped reading before you got to the part where the CBO said that government policy had little nothing to do with the surpluses, and even concluded that they occasionally shrank them. Nice to see you are so open minded and objective.

clinton-dnc-graphic-431.png

The Best Of Bill Clinton's DNC Speech, In One Infographic

Yes, I think that, so did the CBO.

Not that I'm looking to beat a dead horse here, but again, that's not what it said. It said the growth in the economy created the surpluses. It said nothing about whether Clinton had something to do with that growth. Maybe he didn't. That's obviously what you think. But it's not what the CBO said.

I see, you stopped reading before you got to the part where the CBO said that government policy had little nothing to do with the surpluses, and even concluded that they occasionally shrank them. Nice to see you are so open minded and objective.

It's as if you use words, but don't know what they mean.

Forum List

Back