Why are so many afraid of guns?

Fuck you.

Asshole.

F.U. Asshole is your banger name?

No.

It's an acknowledgement of a grave insult.

Asshole.

The insult is to our intelligence. Could you have been mugged? Yes. Could you also have been the victim of a home invasion....yes but now the odds are getting a little long. Could have been the victim of a mugging and a home invasion and have had multiple friends killed by gunfire? Sorry Charlie the only demographic where that is possible is a gangbanger.

I just don't see law abiding citizens who own guns acting like nuts. Just doesn't happen. Look at where violence occurs....yep inner city gangs. Why is that? No accountability, no regard for life, and irresponsibility reigns.

I'm just wondering why certain people seem to use their guns to make up for certain personal... er... deficits.

ah well.. i guess others use certain cars for the same reason.

*shrug*

excuse me...i dont have a dick and a gun is not a dick...i am always amazed at people with this view...i dont live in the city....it can take police 20 minutes or more to get here....i have ever right to protect myself...

perhaps you should consider why you link guns and dicks?

I just don't see law abiding citizens who own guns acting like nuts. Just doesn't happen. Look at where violence occurs....yep inner city gangs. Why is that? No accountability, no regard for life, and irresponsibility reigns.

Exactly!

I researched this last year, here were the results.

The links may not work right now...they're old...but I'll fix'em.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guns don't kill people, Cities kill people.

Why do the rural communities with twice as many legal gun owners and four times the owned firearms have 25 times less gun crime than urban communities?

Look here for firearm ownership study

Of the 22 Missouri counties with populations between 25K and 50K, having a combined population of 806,764 persons, there were 163 total firearm assaults and 2604 total assaults utilizing weapons of any kind.

MSHP stats for 22 rural Missouri counties

During the same period, in only the city of St. Louis and the city of Kansas City contained within the state of Missouri (half is in Kansas of course), with a combined population of 793,587 persons, there were a total of 4,143 firearm assaults and 8986 total assaults utilizing weapons of any kind.

MSHP stats for St. Louis

MSHP stats for KC, MO

The 2006 stats on Missouri crime came from this website : Missouri State Highway Patrol Statisical Analysis Center, they are the most recent available.

The 2004 rural/urban chart came from this website : Department of Health Policy and Management, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA 2004 study.

If the links for the MSHP data are broken, you can find the information for 2006 here: MO SAC - Data and Statistics - Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Statistical Query

This blog is entirely my own work and research...reproduce it freely in support of the 2nd amendment.

Last edited:
It's a collective constitutional right..not an indivdual one. It's been perverted beyond original intent.

According to you.

No.

According to the United States Constitution. Arguments to the contrary generally don't hold water unless you parse the amendment, go to some of the "OpEds" in the Federalist Papers (Some which contradict each other) or just completely dismiss the actual text of the Constitution altogether. Or history for that matter.

Forgive me, and the Supreme Court, for disagreeing with you.

F.U. Asshole is your banger name?

No.

It's an acknowledgement of a grave insult.

Asshole.

The insult is to our intelligence. Could you have been mugged? Yes. Could you also have been the victim of a home invasion....yes but now the odds are getting a little long. Could have been the victim of a mugging and a home invasion and have had multiple friends killed by gunfire? Sorry Charlie the only demographic where that is possible is a gangbanger.

You didn't factor in the "I've been shot at multiple times" statement either.

I think his gang banger name is MotherfuxinLiar?

All anyone needs to do is look at Switzerland for an idea of how gun rights and low crime rates correlate.

Mandatory Military service will do that..

Military of Switzerland
The Swiss Armed Forces perform the roles of Switzerland's militia and regular army. Under the country's militia system, professional soldiers constitute about 5 percent of military personnel; the rest are conscript citizens 18 to 34 (in some cases up to 50) years old. Because of a long history of neutrality, the army does not take part in armed conflicts in other countries, but is part of several peacekeeping missions around the world.
Military of Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is by the way..closer to the original intent of our own Constitution..then the perversion we now live under.

Mandatory military service when your country isn't shoving its servicemen out into hostile foreign ghettos and jungles to occupy a nation and install its own version of a friendly government probably isn't all the bad of a concept.

Low crime, and no senseless war mongering. I'll TAKE it.

what would be more dangerous would be a place where only the government had guns. kind of like Germany in the 40"s

I believe the majority of anti gun sentiments stems from ignorance and having no experience with firearms. my wife is a perfect expample. for some reason everytime I take the firearms out to clean, she feels a little uncomfortable about it. and this includes my muzzleloader and cap and ball revolver! I've offered to take her out to the target range a few years ago, but she has yet to come along.

Forum List

Back