Why are shows full of losers so popular?

Because libs don't think competition is a good thing because it harms the losers so all you end up with are losers?

That's a strange right wing lie about liberals. Why does the right feel the need to tell lies so much? Doesn't the truth fit your extreme world view?

It's not lies, just a focus on reality.

Problem is they seem to show us constant examples that it is at least partly true.

Pres. Obama doesn't seem to have the heart to be mean enough to his enemies to win a war.He doesn't want a strong military because it makes him feel just plain wrong.

He and is wife think we should all be poor and give all of our time and effort to being community organizers rather then lawyers and rich folk like they are.

We can't let our kids win in competitions like dodge-ball because they're worried about how it crushes the self-esteem of the losers. Some have suggested we get rid of red ink. In some schools in the North East kids are allowed to grade themselves.

The old work-ethic that we used to have is gone replaced with false pride, awards for doing nothing or awards for potential, and what you get is government services that when things get tough they quit.

Last edited:
It's very simple, people that define themselves as progressives are devoid of a sense of humor. They feel that it's beneath their attempts to be intellectuals. It's a pity really and ironic when you consider what amazing losers they elect to office based solely on what college they supposedly attended. I mean really, Robert Byrd?? Ted Kennedy?????? Barney Franks????????!!!?? Nancy Pelosi??????? Joe Biden??????!!!! John Kerry? AlGore? Hillary Fucking Clinton!!!??? Barack Hussein Obama!!!!They are all extremely hilarious without trying to be and the list goes on and on. These are the best you progressive have?

What a ridiculous and farfetched post. You are grasping at straws to somehow make this partisan and blame liberals.

The only reason the difference between image and substance isn't more glaring is because the left has used the media to bring down those with substance and prop up those with nothing but a false image. This is the reason our government doesn't work for us anymore. Our government is full of losers that have few socially redeeming qualities and their voters love them for it.

It's very simple, people that define themselves as progressives are devoid of a sense of humor. They feel that it's beneath their attempts to be intellectuals. It's a pity really and ironic when you consider what amazing losers they elect to office based solely on what college they supposedly attended. I mean really, Robert Byrd?? Ted Kennedy?????? Barney Franks????????!!!?? Nancy Pelosi??????? Joe Biden??????!!!! John Kerry? AlGore? Hillary Fucking Clinton!!!??? Barack Hussein Obama!!!!They are all extremely hilarious without trying to be and the list goes on and on. These are the best you progressive have?

What a ridiculous and farfetched post. You are grasping at straws to somehow make this partisan and blame liberals.

He's a hack. He snags his best responses from Free Republic.. :lol:

Psychoyic, teabagged, dittoheads.

think about the characters and their lives....

Which one is this HUGH guy you are speaking of? And in thinking of their lives, I guess I just haven't gone past the character. Which shows of Cheers did you like best? The one featuring Diane or the one featuring...uh...what's `er name?!?!?! I liked Diane.

House is the Hugh guy.

A Doctor whose bedside manner is worse than a werewolfs, A drug addict, etc
His personal life is like a trainwreck, etc.

Just plumb rude and crude.

You've probably covered half the population with anywhere from one to all of those phrases - what IS your point?

Which one is this HUGH guy you are speaking of? And in thinking of their lives, I guess I just haven't gone past the character. Which shows of Cheers did you like best? The one featuring Diane or the one featuring...uh...what's `er name?!?!?! I liked Diane.

House is the Hugh guy.

A Doctor whose bedside manner is worse than a werewolfs, A drug addict, etc
His personal life is like a trainwreck, etc.

Just plumb rude and crude.

The only Dr. on there was Dr. Crane? No??? Maybe I am on the wrong show???

Greg House is Hugh Laurie's character.

I like shows with some losers in them.
MASH, Tooltime, Andy Griffith, etc.
The ones that seem to be all losers I do not care for. Not sure why.
Married with children is another all loser show. Some funny parts but just could never get into it.

Comedy works much better in these situations.

A guy who always wins has so little comedic possibilities.

Comedy is based in our ability to overcome adversity.

It developed as a stress reliever that helped the pack feel bonded and able to overcome a bad patch.

I loved married with children, the characters were proud of their positions of losers.

They were the ANTI family, opposite those that had been foisted on us all our TV viewing lives.

I thought it was about reality TV too.

I don't think those shows listed were about losers. Sure there will always be some lovable underdog, but the characters in Friends were doing pretty damn well for 20 somethings living in NY.

I thought it was about reality TV too.

I don't think those shows listed were about losers. Sure there will always be some lovable underdog, but the characters in Friends were doing pretty damn well for 20 somethings living in NY.

absolutely. they had apartments that would have been unaffordable to normal people in that age group and place in their career. joey acted and had a series. monica was a caterer. rachel was in retail. ross worked at a museum and i can't think phoebe was a masseuse and chandler was in some type of business.

Friends, All in the family, Cheers, Seinfield, House.

Think about it.
since we did not have a forum on psychology I figured media would do.

I am pursuing this because these types of shows do not appeal to me and trying to figure out my abnormality.

Any ideas?

I find it odd yet predictable that several of the replies to this thread are upset and challenged by the question posed by the OP. I suspect subliminal hanky panky by the networks in some of this misplaced loyalty.

geez and to think i work with a bunch of "PROGRESSIVES"...who watch those shows as well as other comedies and think they are great.....and here i thought Dean was the guy who always brings politics to a thread....SITARRO.....we are talking about fucking TV shows here.....:eusa_eh:

Friends, All in the family, Cheers, Seinfield, House.

Think about it.
since we did not have a forum on psychology I figured media would do.

I am pursuing this because these types of shows do not appeal to me and trying to figure out my abnormality.

Any ideas?

Simple ~ It's called Propaganda & the Dumbing Down of America

the Dumbing down part.....REALITY Shows.....most definitely....

The only reason the difference between image and substance isn't more glaring is because the left has used the media to bring down those with substance and prop up those with nothing but a false image. This is the reason our government doesn't work for us anymore. Our government is full of losers that have few socially redeeming qualities and their voters love them for it.

and this has got WHAT to do with fucking TV?....oh and by the way Mud.....the RIGHT has used the Media for much the same reason......has Dean been here yet?.....it seems like he is.....

I find it odd yet predictable that several of the replies to this thread are upset and challenged by the question posed by the OP. I suspect subliminal hanky panky by the networks in some of this misplaced loyalty.

because you like to laugh?.....

because you like to laugh?.....

I'm all about the laughter Harry...If that's what your name really is..

The way television affects us as Americans has long been of keen interest to me. I am especially focused on "canned laughter" practically visually and aditorally cattle prodding humans into a comedic stupor. It seems that they can get us to laugh at just about anything.

Last edited:
Its just a cheap type of TV , no actors to pay

AND you dont have to think and SO easy to follow....the Dumbing down part....and just may be working....

It is no worse than the idiot soap operas that were shoen for decades on TV and radio.

The markets can target smaller and smaller audiences and still make a buck.

There are stupid shallow people in the world and always have been.

Forum List

Back